Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything installed is listed inside system database. To be careful with cia goes without saying, sysNAND or emuNAND!

If homebrew and select menu works, there has to be more than simply plugging in the cartridge (memory resistent tsr).

Reactions: Phantom_User

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unlike the 4.5 exploit, the new one doesn't involve exploiting something in the settings menu. Thus you won't see the gateway version number. They could easily add one later though when/if they add emunand support. Unlike the 4.5 exploit, there isn't a "gateway mode" this time around. It looks to be a simple pop in and play yo roms instantly type of deal. This is a completely different animal to the old 4.5 days.

Thus Classic Mode is not needed at all. Emunand and Region Unlock with retail carts is still speculation at this point, but they definitely mentioned having region unlock for roms. Time will tell how it will all work I guess.

So basically...

The system nand will be able to read the GW cart and real legit carts?

If so that means Savedatafiler will be useable with real carts.... Hohohohoh this could get good. XD

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Unlike the 4.5 exploit, the new one doesn't involve exploiting something in the settings menu. Thus you won't see the gateway version number. They could easily add one later though when/if they add emunand support. Unlike the 4.5 exploit, there isn't a "gateway mode" this time around. It looks to be a simple pop in and play yo roms instantly type of deal. This is a completely different animal to the old 4.5 days.

Thus Classic Mode is not needed at all. Emunand and Region Unlock with retail carts is still speculation at this point, but they diffidently mentioned having region unlock for roms. Time will tell how it will all work I guess.
Indeed, and that's the one question that still remains. With no emuNAND, will they have to release an update to coincide with every Nintendo firmware update? Or, once installed, will this exploit work continue to work on your 3DS regardless of updates?

I don't see why they would tell us to stay on 4.5 if they have full functionality in the 9.2 exploit. Maybe they'll tell us it no longer matters after they actually release it. Or maybe having emuNAND is still beneficial in that accidentally bricking it will leave sysNAND intact.

Muhammad Syafiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My guess will be...
there's no kernel exploit, basically gateway uses the same exploit like sky3ds + free region patch loophole based on usermode exploit (ninjahax)+ enhanced version of the leaked CFW
So that's why 4.5 is superior

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone still needs a reason NOT to buy a Sky3DS at this point, remember their "sources"?

image.php

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess will be...
there's no kernel exploit, basically gateway uses the same exploit like sky3ds + free region patch from Ninjahax + enhanced version of the leaked CFW
So that's why 4.5 is superior

Anyway, if its the price for having gateway on newer 3ds, its still a milestone for everyone owning one, and breaks history for using rare consoles with all possebilitys *thumbsup*

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now 2 questions remain unanswered
1- It's clear that the firmware is patched, but will we have emunand?
2- What the hell will be used to start this exploit? I don't believe it will still use the blue cart...

Yoman228

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Err... just bough a R5 still in shipping, I was thinking to buy another one today for my son 3DS after holding myself for 2 weeks.

Anyhow, I would have bought the 2 sky3ds if they have not got the 10 game limit, now buying 1 is already too much.

I think sky3ds should learn the lesson of being greedy will mean less business.

Reactions: Margen67 and baker

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now 2 questions remain unanswered
1- It's clear that the firmware is patched, but will we have emunand?
2- What the hell will be used to start this exploit? I don't believe it will still use the blue cart...

1. If its capeable to break sign to allow homebrew, i say without doubt, emunand will prevail sooner or later
2. Time will show, a mixup like muhammed said is possible. We all are hyped and need to calm down till its in our very own hands.

where to import 3ds from australia? only one on ebay and after shipping be like $300 usd

Ebay and play asia. play asia took 4 business days transport with fedex including tracking for me. Lucky me, i paid no tax ^^

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Damn that guy sounds crazy bitter
Not only that, he sounded moronic about the whole thing. How is some hardware device going to downgrade the new 3DS to 4.5 when the lowest firmware it has ever shipped with is 9.2? That would require soldering/flashing the mainboard, probably still wouldn't work, and Gateway would never ask people to do that anyway. That's the most blatantly misleading bullshit he could try to pull. I'm glad Sky3DS is essentially dead in the water until they actually try to become a little more consumer-friendly.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if there is no emunand, so what? We didn't have emunand for the longest time with 4.X.

5.X sdk games were gotten working without emunand. Emunand was not even a requirement for new games until the 7.X encryption. Before that you could just stay on 4.X sysnand and still play.

So even without it, it shouldn't cause a problem, at least for a while with new games. Gateway was playing higher version stuff for a long time without it.

blunt420force

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im thinking of importing a 3ds ll from japan, just curious does anyone know what firmware comes stock on the JAP models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!