Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

felystar

Trophies
XP
Country
the last week they said SHOULD be before of the end of the next or will be before of the end of the week as this week?
I think they have never used will until now. Maybe this time it's true. If that email was legit, because people can make up a lot of things to keep on hyping :P

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it's a return and some fool has updated it and it's gone back in to circulation. I guess you have to be pretty unlucky for that though!

Yeah but you'd likely be able to figure out if it was a return like if the internal packaging was all removed or bunched up, or the tape seal on any plastic bags was previously broken. Then just return the unit and exchange for an actual new one :grog:

Reactions: RIX__MIX

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theoretically,
If gateway passed the software off to one person, uploaded it to any file sharing website, and shared the link.
It would have sped up the process 100x over. I truly don't need manuals or new logos.
I just want to play some damn games. Lol.

But hey, it is their software, so I'm just gonna go play The Crew until the Gateway release is out.

Reactions: felystar

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son wants to upgrade his Purple 4.5 3DS to a Yoshi XL. I have ordered the Yoshi XL. Now I'm tempted to buy a 4.5 XL just to swap out the motherboard and resell it. I used to repair and customize DS lite's back in the day, so swapping out the motherboard wont be an issue for me.

Reactions: memomo

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yup, you're certainly right there. Super-Stable 3D makes a HUUUUUGE difference. Plus you've got Xenoblade Chronicles on the way too. The game was beautiful on the Wii in normal-o-vision, in glorious 3D it's going to be jaw dropping. :wacko:

not only the super stable 3d & all the added features & powers makes it the much better choice but also the console is so beautiful to look at & to hold,i'm really impressed with the n3ds looks & it's lovely screen which to me looks as sharp as HD with vibrant colours (we have jap n3ds (mine) & pal n3ds xl blue).

Reactions: RIX__MIX

lebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
The end of the week? This shit again really? I can't believe it.

No dates ! from the begining it is when it will be ready to deliver !!!
Wait and see
smiley_520.gif

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not only the super stable 3d & all the added features & powers makes it the much better choice but also the console is so beautiful to look at & to hold,i'm really impressed with the n3ds looks & it's lovely screen which to me looks as sharp as HD with vibrant colours (we have jap n3ds (mine) & pal n3ds xl blue).

Is nobody gonna mention 3D youtube? That's awesome stuff.

Reactions: satel

RIX__MIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theoretically,
If gateway passed the software off to one person, uploaded it to any file sharing website, and shared the link.
It would have sped up the process 100x over. I truly don't need manuals or new logos.
I just want to play some damn games. Lol.

But hey, it is their software, so I'm just gonna go play The Crew until the Gateway release is out.

Well this is it. How many actually care about an updated logo and manual ffs? That particular excuse for the delay is beyond comical, it's hilarious.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The super stable 3d is so nice, it really shows the screen off. But the shape is also so much nicer than the original 3DS.
I thought that the shape wouldn't make much of a difference but it's so much more comfortable to hold.

Reactions: satel

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Dude, if I was to buy this and it's not 4.3. What's the return policy? :D.
tesco should be fine for returns....buy online and you have extra distance selling regulations protection which gives you 16 days no quibble returns....if you buy in store, whilst they are usually fine with returns, there is less regulations to protect you unless the unit is faulty

blaydes99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In my many years of working with various teams around the world, this type of delay is very common. When you depend on different teams, different requirements, and various bottlenecks (such as technology, publishing tools, websites, etc.) there's a high chance that the schedule slips. I've been told by my own teams that something will be "done in 2 hours" or "done on time" but many times they are just trying to please us and fulfill expectations, even when the deadline is unrealistic. As humans we often have the failing of underestimating the amount of work that it takes to produce something of worth.

For example, how many times has your mechanic told you "we'll have your car done today" yet the day ends and it's still not ready? It's not that the mechanic isn't doing any work, but some teams are not the most organized or have the insight to most accurately predict how much time a task will take.

I can't wait for this update to come out, and at the same time I understand exactly why the schedule is slipping here and there. Ultimately, we're all human.

Reactions: Phantom_User

RIX__MIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

My last DS was the DSi and I have to say I'm really impressed with the N3DS XL. I played with a friends 3DS when it was first launched and thought the 3D aspect was very gimmicky and didn't work all that well. But on the N3DS it actually works, and works like how it should have done from the start. Not to mention the dramatic speed increase when darting in and out of games and menus. It's all round such a great device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw