• Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
funny that some people expecting a game manager, but this isn't possible at all. You'll need a exploit for it beceause a game manager isn't signed software so the 3ds will simply not run it (even id there is a rom on the sd card). This card does nothing with the security checks.

the only thing i can imagene that can happen is a hybrid card with a game manager in ds mode

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
funny that some people expecting a game manager, but this isn't possible at all. You'll need a exploit for it beceause a game manager isn't signed software so the 3ds will simply not run it (even id there is a rom on the sd card). This card does nothing with the security checks.

the only thing i can imagene that can happen is a hybrid card with a game manager in ds mode

Gamemanager doesnt have to be a homebrew, you should have a look over to the xkey, there youre able to choose a game with the xbox inbuild picture/music menu, without the need of starting unsigned code ;) I bet, if something like a gamenanager will ever come, it would be something like this =)

novadragon849

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$80 is quite a bit. I will wait too.

I believe with the release of this card, the 3DS scene will move forward quite a bit in the near future.

A part of me believes that hackers out there already has this console hacked but one of the more important reasons that they are not releasing it is due to piracy. Since this card is pretty much 100% for piracy, they have no reason to hold back on their findings and will release something quite substantial in the future.

I think this was the case for the PS3 and their dongles. Does anyone else agree/disagree?

Reactions: opal

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably they don't want to give false hope / or spread something that there not sure about. For all we know some other team is working on it right now and just we haven't heard anything from them u til they have it fully functional.

Piracy has never stop anyone from releasing this kind of things imo which is why I think that is not a reason

Oh btw... I know ace 3ds pro allows to play Ds games and "ona native 3ds rom" on a j system... (I believe) isn't that a start as well? They somehow manage to be able to play Ds and one 3ds game by turning on the switch (don't know much about it)

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etrian Oddyssey IV uses a 1MB save file, whats your point in referencing DS when information on most 3DS titles already exist.
I was referencing ds titles saying that they never reached the maximum size that was allowed, and even those that used that cart size, barely used 51% of the total size available to them. That was my sole reason for mentioning it.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Gosh! The first 3DS flashcart, and it's a full-on, no-holds-barred piracy machine. :P

I'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't feel dirty using this thing. The 3DS is still quite young, and considering the Wii U is still a bit, er, untapped, it's really the only thing Nintendo is making decent money on. That would make the Gateway 3DS one dastardly little device, wouldn't it?

Let's hope the price is enough to put off those naughty pirates for a bit. I want the 3DS to really succeed before it's brought to its knees by those scurvy cutthroats!

Reactions: Ergo

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm hoping is that this thing leads to the ability to dump your own games, so I can make my own backups(major reason I even did cfw on my psp the other was the ungodly load times which made me use those backups intead of having the disc so I didn't die of old age waiting for things to load)

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What I'm hoping is that this thing leads to the ability to dump your own games, so I can make my own backups(major reason I even did cfw on my psp the other was the ungodly load times which made me use those backups intead of having the disc so I didn't die of old age waiting for things to load)
How should that work? It can't run custom code.

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How should that work? It can't run custom code.
3ds decapping is paid for, this gives people the ability to run games they haven't yet had to buy. I'm hoping this leads to exploits. more people are able to run more games, and search for more exploits. That's why I was hoping it'd lead to it. If that guy who was behind the decapping thing, comes out of the woodwork, and this thing together, I'm hoping it leads to homebrew/teh ability to dump stuff.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3ds decapping is paid for, this gives people the ability to run games they haven't yet had to buy. I'm hoping this leads to exploits. more people are able to run more games, and search for more exploits. That's why I was hoping it'd lead to it. If that guy who was behind the decapping thing, comes out of the woodwork, and this thing together, I'm hoping it leads to homebrew/teh ability to dump stuff.
You can sure hope that, but from what I gather that is know officially about the Gateway card it will not be possible to run custom code on it, period.
And the decapping does not guaranty that an exploit will come out of this. It will pretty interesting, but I don't think that any exploits will come out of it in the near future.

AlterZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had settled down with the idea of never having to deal with piracy on the 3DS, primarily because of Pokémon and how much I hate to battle against hacked Pokémon with ILLEGAL abilities or movesets until I found out about this Gateway cart, I would lie if I said I would not use it but before that happens I will wait until this flashcart works at least like the DSTWO which is the one I currently have, the price is not a real problem but the way it works is, I'll be waiting for the review to see if it's worth buying already!...

As you may tell I'm all into Pokémon so Nintendo shouldn't fear, I will always buy new Pokémon games because I really like them and I hope they can implement some powerful Pokémon check that will ban anything ILLEGAL!... ^_^

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can sure hope that, but from what I gather that is know officially about the Gateway card it will not be possible to run custom code on it, period.
And the decapping does not guaranty that an exploit will come out of this. It will pretty interesting, but I don't think that any exploits will come out of it in the near future.
Like I said, hoping is the key here. That's why I was hoping for it, I don't expect this anytime soon. I'm hoping it'll happen 2-3yrs from now, since I know this won't be an overnight thing. It'll take a lot of brilliant people a lot of work to even try to find the exploits.

Edit: Also unsigned code is a joke, the key nintendo's using is 128bit RSA, you could factor that bad boy with <100$ of ec2 time if you knew the modulus they were using. You already have the public key(or will soon) add the modulus, and it can be factored in no time. Like the ps3, nintendo dun goofed. They chose a key that's _way_ too weak, and was only considered "good" 20 years ago.

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the save data is on the flashcart, the rom data is on the sd card, when you save to the cart and then change roms, the rom thinks the save is corrupted because it's from a different game.
It isn't deleted until the new game (rom) is loaded up and wipes the save storage.
So even if you were using a micro SD card per game the save would be deleted each time you swapped the sd cards around?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless the save chip is emulated like the flash chip

or maybe they can get around it without the micro sd emulating the save chip ,by having the save chip in the card be able to dump the sav file to the micro sd , and then load it back to the save chip, sort of like having a r4 save dongle feature built into the card ,i dont see why this wouldnt be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo