• Likes 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who sees the Canadian flag instead? Why do I have this feeling that we might not be on the same page.... O___o

You're looking at the wrong user, its: OldClassicGamer who on the page before stated:

"No Region Free = me no buying and supportiing this. Still waiting for Region Free hack, but this is at least start."

Check his flag again, its definitely Japan.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're looking at the wrong user, its: OldClassicGamer who on the page before stated:

"No Region Free = me no buying and supportiing this. Still waiting for Region Free hack, but this is at least start."

Check his flag again, its definitely Japan.
Ahhh so that's why. Thought you were referring to Mthb54 LOLOLOLOL my bad XD

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$80 for a chip that basically forces the system to look for a signed ROM somewhere else on the cart, and can't possibly jumpstart the homebrew scene? Pass. Zero legal ground to stand on either once Nintendo starts looking to ban imports, since it can't do anything the 3DS can't.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I like collecting all the pokemon games I have a weird obsession lol.
And I have so many useless 3ds games (me no like...) ie: angry birds, starforx :|
Some were free downloads and others well I just bought them.

So far the only 3ds games that were worth playing at least IMO were all the pokemon xD and resident evil relevations !!! <3

oh yeah, I know what are you talking about *o*! I got the GBC PKMN games when I was 6-10 years old... and I throw the boxes >< now I'm triying to buy all of them again :P it's only missing me the Blue Version and GSC versions :P I have every 64/GBA/NGC/DS/Wii main-game in my collection *o*!! hahaha it's the same with Zelda :P I have every game, except the Skyward Sword, I'm trying to find the Special one with the gold wii mote... I wish I could find one x,x... hahaha

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
oh yeah, I know what are you talking about *o*! I got the GBC PKMN games when I was 6-10 years old... and I throw the boxes >< now I'm triying to buy all of them again :P it's only missing me the Blue Version and GSC versions :P I have every 64/GBA/NGC/DS/Wii main-game in my collection *o*!! hahaha it's the same with Zelda :P I have every game, except the Skyward Sword, I'm trying to find the Special one with the gold wii mote... I wish I could find one x,x... hahaha

I think those are sould out for quite some time now.

your only option is used

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Sandvich1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So let me get this straight? I can only have one game loaded onto the card at a time, and if I swap SD Cards out of the shell I lose all my save data? Correct?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight? I can only have one game loaded onto the card at a time, and if I swap SD Cards out of the shell I lose all my save data? Correct?

At the moment correct, but they've said they're working on a way to backup, and restore saves.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
the save data is on the flashcart, the rom data is on the sd card, when you save to the cart and then change roms, the rom thinks the save is corrupted because it's from a different game.
It isn't deleted until the new game (rom) is loaded up and wipes the save storage.

njaynl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you guys think? is the dstwo team going to reverse engineer the gateway card and update the code on theirs?
Or would we need to buy and extra card for the 3ds roms? :)

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you guys think? is the dstwo team going to reverse engineer the gateway card and update the code on theirs?
Or would we need to buy and extra card for the 3ds roms? :)
Chances are the hardware won't be compatible so you'd need to get a new cart either way.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, like, he couldn't possibly have selected Japan just because reasons... oh no, he must live there.
Some of us actually live where we say. For example, I'm not a citizen of Korea but I am a resident.

Just wanna make some comments about this Q & A (also fyi the team behind it is from Europe):

- Can you play multiplayer local and mostly online?
Yes, but we advise not to use online features
This is because newer gamecards have a unique ID, and multiple users going online with the same ROM would indicate they are using a a flashcart (basically think of it as an oncart cd-key). It's riskier than they imply because the firmware logs game usage, which could be later checked against an online database potentially. So when they say don't use online features it really means don't ever use any online features again and make sure it never even attempts to connect to wifi, just in case. Not reassuring...
Sounds like putting a bullseye on your head. I'd be willing to drop online service for my 3ds if it means unblockable free library. My concern is more the producers going the way of the ps3 and introducing a generation leap within a console's life. Even if you could hack a ps3 you couldn't run certain games that came after a certain point because the discs were different. I think that was with trueblue methodology? I don't remember...

Wii had a similar thing with the different IOS requirements for certain games like Rock Band 2 and Zelda.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is because newer gamecards have a unique ID, and multiple users going online with the same ROM would indicate they are using a a flashcart (basically think of it as an oncart cd-key). It's riskier than they imply because the firmware logs game usage, which could be later checked against an online database potentially. So when they say don't use online features it really means don't ever use any online features again and make sure it never even attempts to connect to wifi, just in case. Not reassuring...
Also, they clearly have some way of determining what games you've played (as this is how they determine eligibility to send out certain stationery in swapnote to people)

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
RELEASE DATE: End of June (GBAtemp was offered a review sample. So expect a review from me soon enough.)

I would expect the release date to be more like mid July as there is a Major Chinese Public Holiday known as the Dragon Boat Festival, the factories will be closed from 8th -14th June.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very good news. But considering that you need a micro sd card per game, save data is loss when changing games, and it's $80, I think I'll pass on this. I'll wait for the supercard team to release something.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is very good news. But considering that you need a micro sd card per game, save data is loss when changing games, and it's $80, I think I'll pass on this. I'll wait for the supercard team to release something.

good luck with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission