Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Frankly, I would rather see them keep working on whatever improvements they're working on, than answering emails from impatient owners. And ten days is not that long. Even a monthly update would be good enough to me.

Yeah, but it looks like the team has run off. Normally people would give SOME form of "We're here" thing. And that's no excuse to abandon support. They aren't even talking to their beta testers.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
You're quick to jump to conclusions. Stop being so damn pessimistic. It's annoying.

I'm not. I completely agree with the people who are saying people are impatient. I'm just saying WHY people are impatient. I know about the Chinese holiday, I know this shit takes time.

I never jumped to any conclusions. I gave the point of view of someone who sees that they haven't talked to anyone and they haven't given an update in a while.

wth man. It's weekend. it's time to rest for everyone. lol.

They haven't for a while. And read my latest reply to Thirty3Three.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, but it looks like the team has run off. Normally people would give SOME form of "We're here" thing. And that's no excuse to abandon support. They aren't even talking to their beta testers.
Hmm, a little early to accuse them of quitting and running with the money. And why would they do that now? The Gateway is still selling like hotcakes. If people learned the team no longer supports the hardware, the sales would plummet.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not. I completely agree with the people who are saying people are impatient. I'm just saying WHY people are impatient. I know about the Chinese holiday, I know this shit takes time.

I never jumped to any conclusions. I gave the point of view of someone who sees that they haven't talked to anyone and they haven't given an update in a while.

"No, they aren't REPLYING to beta testers. They aren't replying to anyone."

"Yeah, but it looks like the team has run off. Normally people would give SOME form of "We're here" thing. And that's no excuse to abandon support. They aren't even talking to their beta testers."

I beg to differ.

Reactions: the_randomizer

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Hmm, a little early to accuse them of quitting and running with the money. And why would they do that now? The Gateway is still selling like hotcakes. If people learned the team no longer supports the hardware, the sales would plummet.

I completely agree. However others don't see this.
"No, they aren't REPLYING to beta testers. They aren't replying to anyone."

"Yeah, but it looks like the team has run off. Normally people would give SOME form of "We're here" thing. And that's no excuse to abandon support. They aren't even talking to their beta testers."

I beg to differ.
"Looks" That word. I'm saying it seems that way.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
You're doing a fine job at making an excuse.

...Considering I have posted in this thread/other threads numerous times defending the Gateway guys... yeah totally an excuse.

Just drop it, please. I'd rather not have an argument in a public forum while bumping this the entire time.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Considering I have posted in this thread/other threads numerous times defending the Gateway guys... yeah totally an excuse.

Just drop it, please. I'd rather not have an argument in a public forum while bumping this the entire time.

So? That means what exactly? I've defended things then changed my mind. This means nothing to anybody.
H'ohkay, kiddo.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am curious
I have seen people complain about prices with their point of reference being the DS flash carts. As many have to repeatedly say the DS was something of an anomaly in the world of flash carts and hacked hardware, I can see wanting something similar though.
I have seen people complain about it not being as highly polished with shiny rotating boxart complete with shiny table effect. Clunky does not even begin to cover the situation. Again though fair enough as the likes of the end stage DS hacks and Wii hacks (though even there my list of asterisks is near endless compared to the likes of the DS) were pretty polished.

With one possible exception, and was it not a good one as anybody that has got in on nightly builds for something will probably be able to tell you*, there has never been a flash cart team that has been consistently and usefully responsive. Indeed I have yet to see that in anything that is, relatively speaking, a low priced piece of equipment/software for a field.

*that I am going to have to look up the name and "ended in burnout" probably says how that ended up.

Reactions: TheDreamLord

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
I am curious
I have seen people complain about prices with their point of reference being the DS flash carts. As many have to repeatedly say the DS was something of an anomaly in the world of flash carts and hacked hardware, I can see wanting something similar though.
I have seen people complain about it not being as highly polished with shiny rotating boxart complete with shiny table effect. Clunky does not even begin to cover the situation. Again though fair enough as the likes of the end stage DS hacks and Wii hacks (though even there my list of asterisks is near endless compared to the likes of the DS) were pretty polished.

With one possible exception, and was it not a good one as anybody that has got in on nightly builds for something will probably be able to tell you*, there has never been a flash cart team that has been consistently and usefully responsive. Indeed I have yet to see that in anything that is, relatively speaking, a low priced piece of equipment/software for a field.

*that I am going to have to look up the name and "ended in burnout" probably says how that ended up.

Weren't DS flashcarts expensive when they first arrived?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends.
Compared to GBA flash carts "back in the day" not so much.
The first neoflash cart. Sure (though even then it was not so bad) but most people saw through it.

My "first possible chance" (or mid may 2006) EZ4 clocked 80 Euros all in with reasonable shipping from a European distributor, rather nicely it is still working fine to this day. Granted this was a bit later in the day ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/5-years-of-ds-roms-in-5-days-year-1.236483/ ) and Supercard, M3 and G6 were already doing the rounds. (edit, also http://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-rom-patcher-released.27468/ ).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone recall the old days of the Ninjapass and the one with the glowing LEDs? And oh, the irony of what I'm seeing here. :cry:

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
Yep the original R4 which i bought cost me 70$ when they first came out (i luckily got shipped two by mistake heehehee) so for price point its not that bad especially being the first to do 3ds

Ah yes I remember how expensive those were. God. Worth it though. Still have my original R4 and TTDS.
Depends.
Compared to GBA flash carts "back in the day" not so much.
The first neoflash cart. Sure (though even then it was not so bad) but most people saw through it.

My "first possible chance" (or mid may 2006) EZ4 clocked 80 Euros all in with reasonable shipping from a European distributor, rather nicely it is still working fine to this day. Granted this was a bit later in the day ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/5-years-of-ds-roms-in-5-days-year-1.236483/ ) and Supercard, M3 and G6 were already doing the rounds. (edit, also http://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-rom-patcher-released.27468/ ).

Ah I see. The EZ was expensive. As were GBA Flash carts >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: