Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Almost a week on and still nothing. Wonder what's got them keeping hushhush about part two? Just pure hype building? Even if they haven't finished anything to show yet, saying what they're working on would at least shut up the endless speculation.

Reactions: SpaceJump

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They announced new packaging right?

So does it make sense to wait for resllers to carry new stock when it comes out?

Personally I would like them to offer a 3DS offering only at a lower price and leave the DS flashcart out of the packaging, from what I've read, everything out there is inferior to the DSTWO, if that's the case, I rather buy that on its own.

Yeah I sort of agree in that many of us already have a 3DS compatible DS flashcart......DSTWO is probably the best card and I own one but the downside is with its extra processor it is a battery hog and that makes me like it less than the more simplistic r4 cards...the updside is supercard is great about support so the DSTWO get updates for new firmwares fast and has been out since the 3DS and not required a new purchase....the downside is it costs twice as much. I doubt Gateway will cut the DS card becaues they just don't cost that much to buy/make and would likely only cut $5--$10 off their price and then the possible confusion of people getting the 3DS and not having a DS card.....look at the upside you already have a DS card you can give your card to some kid with a DS and really make his day!

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally couldn't care less if they released support for 5x and 6x firmware, I bought a separate 3DS to use Gateway on, not asif they're expensive.

Not everyone has money to spare to purchase another 3DS, when that money can be better spent on food, bills, one's kids, etc. But good for you!

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
To remain on-topic:

My hopes:
1. Higher firmware support
2. Ability to downgrade firmware (which may or may not require number 1)
3. Firmware spoofing FOR e-shop access
4. Multi-rom loading
5. Ability to run retail carts of higher firmware on Gateway mode (to bypass firmware upgrading)
6. Last but not least, they release the new revision with NAND dumping before I receive my X/Y
(to back up my extra console before I update)

Reactions: the_randomizer

MrAnalysis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I've already saved the money I spent buying a second 3DS from all the games I've downloaded instead of having to pay for, plus I supported Nintendo so they can carry on doing what they do.

You know that the money from the 3DS goes direct to nintendo right? But the money from games other than nintendo only makes goes to them + a little bit to nintendo. So yes you supported nintendo.. But not the game developers they don't see a penny from what you done ;)

3DS / 3DS XL = 100% Profit for Nintendo
Nintendo only made game = 100% profit for Nintendo
None Nintendo only game = Money for publisher, money to Nintendo for allowing it on 3DS and money towards shipping / game development. Oh + some more money for using patients and stuff if needed.

Reactions: zero2exe

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I'd mention to you people worried about the lack of updates. On the official gateway support forum, it was indicated that there's likely been no word (to beta testers from the main team anyway) because of a 10-day holiday in China. And if I'm not mistaken, that ended yesterday, Oct. 7.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are, most of us arent made of money.

xuK0SiK.jpg

Reactions: digipokemaster

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know that the money from the 3DS goes direct to nintendo right? But the money from games other than nintendo only makes goes to them + a little bit to nintendo. So yes you supported nintendo.. But not the game developers they don't see a penny from what you done ;)

None Nintendo only game = Money for publisher, money to Nintendo for allowing it on 3DS and money towards shipping / game development. Oh + some more money for using patients and stuff if needed.

at least he's being honest and trying to put something back, unlike loads of other people that will only buy a 3DS + gateway and never buy a game in their lives. but still someone has to pick holes in what he says and try to make him feel bad.

xBleedingSoulx, don't let anyone tell you different, you have done what alot of people wouldn't. your a decent person...................sudeki300

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

[sarcasm]Wow, you're clearly an expert.[/sarcasm]

:glare:

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least he's being honest and trying to put something back, unlike loads of other people that will only buy a 3DS + gateway and never buy a game in their lives. but still someone has to pick holes in what he says and try to make him feel bad.

xBleedingSoulx, don't let anyone tell you different, you have done what alot of people wouldn't. your a decent person...................sudeki300
Lol @ the irony.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The thing is, I also buy retail games. The ones I download are the ones I have no interest in playing online/have no online or ones that aren't released in Europe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!