Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the case I wish someone would report what firmare is on the cartridge (5.1?) and if it uses Nand save......wouldn't it be a hoot if it works with Gateway without modification or a new Gateway launcher version............Surely it will be dumped forthwith if retail cartridges are already in the wild in two continents.

Its been repeated multiple times it has 6.1 firmware. Just waiting on a scene release group to get hold of a copy or for the GW3DS team to release the new update that allows game dumping.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been repeated multiple times it has 6.1 firmware. Just waiting on a scene release group to get hold of a copy or for the GW3DS team to release the new update that allows game dumping.

Thanks....had not seen it 'repeated multiple times', but was a little busy this weekend so wasn't getting my normal gbatemp time in :wink:.

Any word if it is Nand or Eeprom save yet?

Also some retailers pulled a real no no as the street date isn't till the 12th....bad retailers....bad.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Nintendo's pretty mad, they've been trying to get people to take the images down (maybe because they realized how awful the latest Pokémon characters are and don't want all the kiddies to not buy it :rolleyes:

I've been a pretty big fan of the series but I'm not looking forward to X/Y at all. Hence why I don't even want the download code I preordered.

You'd have to ask one of the people who managed to get the game early. I have no idea, besides what I've read.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because only a couple stores sold it. And not all of us know a Scene group. Same reason why I have a bunch of 3DS demo carts that have no dumps but I have no way of doing it until the Gateway firmware comes out.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, esp. Mario Kart and infinite blue shells. Well, at least Nintendo does its best to ban those losers.

"EC 20102"

~Easily bypassable with a MAC/IP/SN spoofer and a 20102 bypass cheat.

...Unless Nintendo has actually done something smart for fighting cheating this time around? Hopefully, because I would hate to see an already ruined MK7 online.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Nintendo's pretty mad, they've been trying to get people to take the images down (maybe because they realized how awful the latest Pokémon characters are and don't want all the kiddies to not buy it :rolleyes:

I've been a pretty big fan of the series but I'm not looking forward to X/Y at all. Hence why I don't even want the download code I preordered.

You'd have to ask one of the people who managed to get the game early. I have no idea, besides what I've read.

I'll take that download code if you don't want it :P

MrAnalysis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheating will always happen but for most it will be out of reach.

The only way you could cheat and go online with gateway is if they allowed/made online mode (not happened and likely wont)

Or

They make a dongle to dump save files from roms onto real 3DS games. So you could cheat with Gateway then restore save to retail card to go online with it. (most likely) Already have a save transfer so its just a case of making the cheat system for gateway i thinks.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The wait is getting stressfull, I guess they'll show up new things a bit before or after new Pokemon games release

Cheating will always happen but for most it will be out of reach.

The only way you could cheat and go online with gateway is if they allowed/made online mode (not happened and likely wont)

Or

They make a dongle to dump save files from roms onto real 3DS games. So you could cheat with Gateway then restore save to retail card to go online with it. (most likely) Already have a save transfer so its just a case of making the cheat system for gateway i thinks.

Afaik, neimod knows how to decrypt saves files and edit those to cheat, so there's no need of a Gateway to do such...

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It just seems like they have ridden the formula to death......I haven't seen much on the new one but I hope they have done something to update or change the story....boy/girl goes off to fight gym leaders has grown old for me....if they get it running on Gateway I might give it a look but doubt I would play it thru. I do like monter collecting and fighting games but for me SMT games are much cooler and Ni No Kuni on PS3 is awesome

Swift Wind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know when was the last time you tried emulation on your PSP but GBA emulation is quite fine and many other emulators works fine too. I suggest you revisit the hombrew catalog of PSP and come back after you really know its extend, nothing you can call a "mess" or "80% complete"...

I'm sorry if I came across too harsh, however
when it comes to emulators I'm really picky,
it's either 100% (sound & gfx) or it's a fail ;)
I think the last time I checked the emulation stuff
on PSP was arround Xmas 2011 :blink:
I tried some Star Wars SNES game and got like 15 FPS,
I also checked Castlevania (GBA) and got stuttering sound,
the last thing before I gave up in disappointment
was an Amiga emulator which lagged horrible.

I think the PSP (especially the little Go) is an excellent
device for PS1 and native games, for emulation not so much.
I fear the 3DS would be even worse in this department
cause it says 266 MHZ in the specs.
(I doesn't count that it is dual core and has special DSPs
as you will likely have no SDK to make use of all that.)

Afaik, neimod knows how to decrypt saves files and edit those to cheat, so there's no need of a Gateway to do such...

savegames? I think it's way cooler to install TSRs
and patch memory in realtime for fun.

They should also parse the Action Replay format XML files,
so we don't need to find all memory locations ourselves.;)

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im all for "visual" updates and all that - but isnt there more pressing matters?
Like 5x and 6x support?

I understand there will likely never be nothing supported over 6.0 and im aware of that; not really an issue with
spoofing. but like many others - i ordered being promised compat down the road for v5 and v6 firmwares.
and im patiently waiting

and will be happy to keep waiting, if they are working no it. but as it seems they are not.

Get 6x support and spoofing will take care of the rest.

further more, rom compatability isnt even 100% yet, and they are working on visual changes.

If they put this much work into making it work on v5/6 it would by now.

/rant

let the fanboy flaming begin.

Reactions: MichiS97

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's either 100% (sound & gfx) or it's a fail ;)
I think the last time I checked the emulation stuff
on PSP was arround Xmas 2011 :blink:
I tried some Star Wars SNES game and got like 15 FPS,
I also checked Castlevania (GBA) and got stuttering sound,
the last thing before I gave up in disappointment
was an Amiga emulator which lagged horrible.

Well, I've tried up super star wars very successfully on my PSP1000 using SNes9x, about the GBA, there's a custom build hanging around (easy to find though) which can handle a lot of games with constant good FPS, games such as James Bond Nightfire, I've also tried up Pokemon a few FF and all sonic with not encoutering any problems, I'm also emulating Genesis and NGP quite successfully, if you use a PSP2000 or higher with extra 32Mb ram more and 333Mhz you can even run a few N64 games on a playable state...

I guess the 3DS could end up emulating a few consoles well, if you take a look at the 360 scene, there's Xell with made from scratch and legal library which is running good emulation and the 360 homebrew scene aint quite big, so I guess if 3DS wakes up and brings up a real homebrew scene we could end up with quite cool stuffs (for now I can't wait to play Doom on 3D mode, that only thing is worth having homebrews on 3DS :))

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for 6.0 firmware compatibility, but have there even been any anouncements of exploits on 5.0+? It just seems unlikely right now, and they've already kinda settled into the thousands of people using 4.0-4.5, there isn't really a need to work on it at the moment. They'll update eventually, but until then, it's better that the people on 4.x have some nice features to work with.

I also think that 100% game compatability would be a fantastic feature before anything else.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm all for 6.0 firmware compatibility, but have there even been any anouncements of exploits on 5.0+? It just seems unlikely right now, and they've already kinda settled into the thousands of people using 4.0-4.5, there isn't really a need to work on it at the moment. They'll update eventually, but until then, it's better that the people on 4.x have some nice features to work with.

I also think that 100% game compatability would be a fantastic feature before anything else.

for every 4.5 user theres 3 on 5x or higher.
This entire post doesnt make sense.

and regardless, they promised - people are waiting.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for every 4.5 user theres 3 on 5x or higher.
This entire post doesnt make sense.

and regardless, they promised - people are waiting.

They've been saying for months that they're working on 5.x and/or 6.x compatibility. That doesn't mean they'll get it working, let alone a promise to get it working.

Reactions: robo989

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They've been saying for months that they're working on 5.x and/or 6.x compatibility. That doesn't mean they'll get it working, let alone a promise to get it working.

Most of us are just being optimistic. They said they're working on it and that's what matters to me. But some of you guys are awfully pessimistic about this. It's not like they haven't said a thing about 5.x 6.x support. If they are saying they're working on it I'm going to be an optimist and patiently wait for it to happen. I know it may never happen, but we can hope can't we? So let us wait in peace. :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of us are just being optimistic. They said they're working on it and that's what matters to me. But some of you guys are awfully pessimistic about this. It's not like they haven't said a thing about 5.x 6.x support. If they are saying they're working on it I'm going to be an optimist and patiently wait for it to happen. I know it may never happen, but we can hope can't we? So let us wait in peace. :)

Best deal in facts eh ;)

Things don't get hacked with optimism. There's a lot of money in it for them so it's going to have been number one on their list of priorities to do. Optimism has no place in a situation like this, it's not down to luck. It's down to a concrete ability of a group/individual(s) able to perform a set task. Optimism is something that has a place when you're dealing with an unknown with mysterious variables. Nothing mysterious here, either they can or can't. Evidence would point to the likelyhood that they can't do it in the short term because of the profit in it for them if they could.

People here aren't being pessimistic, you are being optimistic and judging them by your own optimistic and unfounded, evidence lacking optimism.

Some people like talking for the sake of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I hope it's not a week.