Country
United States

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, anyone who got a 4GB micro SD card is going to be out of luck for the big titles. Of course, an 8GB card is pretty cheap. In fact, I got a 32GB class 10 Sandisk microSD for $25 (it's $20 on sale at the moment, screw you Amazon). That SD card will probably last me until the 7DS.

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, anyone who got a 4GB micro SD card is going to be out of luck for the big titles. Of course, an 8GB card is pretty cheap. In fact, I got a 32GB class 10 Sandisk microSD for $25 (it's $20 on sale at the moment, screw you Amazon). That SD card will probably last me until the 7DS.
Someone tell us what the 7th dimension is so I can call Nintendo out when they don't make a portable console in the 7th dimension.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone tell us what the 7th dimension is so I can call Nintendo out when they don't make a portable console in the 7th dimension.
Well, the 4th dimension is time (duh), the 5th dimension is nacho cheese (yum), the 6th dimension is virgin tears (tons of that here), and the 7th dimension is grape Kool-Aid.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the 4th dimension is time (duh), the 5th dimension is nacho cheese (yum), the 6th dimension is virgin tears (tons of that here), and the 7th dimension is grape Kool-Aid.

*Slams Face Into Table* Look man, you don't know what your dealing with, you could give away informa- *END MESSAGE*

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Slams Face Into Table* Look man, you don't know what your dealing with, you could give away informa- *END MESSAGE*
Don't worry, I'm a master of the 4th dimension. You wanna know how Gateway found their exploit? I'll tell you...

I was the one who told them about it. By showing them the released info of their launcher file. 5 months ago. Mind blown? I thought so.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, I'm a master of the 4th dimension. You wanna know how Gateway found their exploit? I'll tell you...

I was the one who told them about it. By showing them the released info of their launcher file. 5 months ago. Mind blown? I thought so.

*Paradox Kills off all of humanity and any life even near this solar system*

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Paradox Kills off all of humanity and any life even near this solar system*
Don't worry. Paradoxes don't exist. If something happens in the future, the past is changed accordingly. That's why your underwear is now in the second drawer from the top instead of the third.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, it is kinda frustrating when you see that precious gem in another region, and it NEVER gets translated and ported to another region. Hopefully for all the region restricted JRPG mega fans will be satisfied with this setup.

Exactly. Take Taiko no Tatsujin for 3DS as example. That game will never be released in EUR or US. Many people imported game from Japan and becasue DS was region free they had no issue playing it. Now 3DS title basically ruined everything and many fans who imported previous games could not do sam for 3DS title. This hack is a great progress but I still hope that putting original Japanese cartridge on 3DS will work one day and that gateway 3DS will just be used as unlocker.

P

pasc

Now all they need is multiple roms per SD.

Yeah that'd be nice.

BTW: Just out of curiosity: How long do you currently have your sig ?

Exactly. Take Taiko no Tatsujin for 3DS as example. That game will never be released in EUR or US. Many people imported game from Japan and becasue DS was region free they had no issue playing it. Now 3DS title basically ruined everything and many fans who imported previous games could not do sam for 3DS title. This hack is a great progress but I still hope that putting original Japanese cartridge on 3DS will work one day and that gateway 3DS will just be used as unlocker.

I can see Datel making a "region free adapter" or something.... you know

- just like always

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I do have a Gateway card.
I can tell you that now the largest 3DS ROM is 4Gbyte.
And you can use a 4Gbyte TF to store it.

Why ?

Becasue there is a rom_tool to trim the ROM.
After trimming the ROM, the size will smaller than your TF.
I have tested it OK after trimming the ROM to use a GATEWAY to load it as usual.

By the way, modified ROM is also recornized, which means the translation is possible.
The tool can be downloaded here: goo.gl/QGdCVQ

Attachments

• rom_tool.rar
    54.7 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: yuyuyup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.