Hacking Gateway 3DS and EmuNAND 9.4

flinttownbrown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions regarding Gateway use with emuNAND.

Background:

- Own a US 3DS XL, which was on firmware 9.2.0.
- Used the Browser exploit to get into GW, and downgraded my sysNAND to 4.x.
- Installed the DS Profile Exploit using a SuperCard DSTwo.
- Created an emuNAND using the GW utilities.
- Updated the emuNAND to 9.4.
- Unlinked my sysNAND and emuNAND by formatting sysNAND.
- Installed BigBlueMenu .cia to emuNAND using the GW Red Card.
- Have created .cia files for several games, and installed them to emuNAND.

What I would like to do is be able to play the installed games from emuNAND without having the GW Red Card in the system. Now that BBM is installed to the emuNAND, I can install games to the cart without having the Red card in the system. I primarily want to do this for battery life purposes - I have noticed that I get a reasonably longer life without the Red card in the system.

I seem to be unable to boot into the 9.4 emuNAND without having the Red card inserted in the system. When I try to launch into the emuNAND, I get a black screen and a hang. This did not seem to happen with the original 4.x emuNAND that was created, and it only happens with the 9.4 updated emuNAND. This occurs even when I try to do so in Classic mode. Once I am in the emuNAND, I can remove the Red card with no issues.

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to enter the 9.4 emuNAND without having the Red card in the system, or is it locked to detect a Red card before proceeding? Is there an alternative Launcher.dat which I can use to boot into a GW-created emuNAND that doesn't have any restrictions?

2. I seem to be able to launch the installed .cia games without having the Red card in the system. I have only tried this in GW mode, not in classic mode. If I am able to launch into emuNAND without the Red card (ie. in Classic mode), are there any reasons why I should not attempt to run installed .cia games?

It is not a huge pain to carry the Red card around and use that to launch emuNAND, but I would like to know if there is a way around this minor inconvenience.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER