Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1. Gateway Downgrading can cause bricks the process isnt perfect its just not noticeable because the small amount of people using gateway vs the thousands using Plail downgrader
1.1 also take into account most users frequent temp/reddit for help with downgrading (gateway users are less likely too due to people buying flashcarts like back in DS days)

1.2 Regardless of them having low amount of reported bricks, at least people dont brick using modifed CFW or another devs CFW using code from each other
Aka gatewaybricking unknowing users who either had clones, modifed launchers for region free or were just plain unlucky
There were a LOT of people using Gateway to downgrade back when it was the only way. And yet there are no confirmed bricks.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There were a LOT of people using Gateway to downgrade back when it was the only way. And yet there are no confirmed bricks.
The methods aren't necessarily the same. I can only assume that gateways newer downgrader will run the same risks as plaisysupdater..

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my son has just been away an came back with an updated 3dsxl to the latest 11 or whatever it is, it was all fine before he went with the gateway card, an now one of his family updated it, is there any way or will it be possible to downgrade?

Thanku

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can downgrade but it requires a hardmod. Either way this is not the thread or place to ask this...m

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, my son has just been away an came back with an updated 3dsxl to the latest 11 or whatever it is, it was all fine before he went with the gateway card, an now one of his family updated it, is there any way or will it be possible to downgrade?

Thanku

Everything was patched. At the moment, it is impossible to downgrade without hardmod. It may never be possible again, we don't know yet.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Thanku
Just wait. The odds are pretty good for a software downgrade solution. Nintendo screwed up the downgrade check.
Just make sure to stay at 11.0 if a new update hits.

Reactions: TuxSH

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just wait. The odds are pretty good for a software downgrade solution. Nintendo screwed up the downgrade check.
Just make sure to stay at 11.0 if a new update hits.
Don't you need am : u first and foremost?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
memchunkhax2.1 wasn't fixed completely either and I heard you can get am:u without svcbackdoor.
If that's wrong, please fill me in. :)
memchunkhax 2.1 wasn't patched, but it was made incredibly difficult to exploit. That being said last I heard aliaspider thought it was fixable, but that may have changed as I haven't been lurking #3dsdev and #cakey recently.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
memchunkhax2.1 wasn't fixed completely either and I heard you can get am:u without svcbackdoor.
If that's wrong, please fill me in. :)
Have fun dealing with the new kernel security (canaries, memchunkhdr validation etc...).

Though I'm not saying there won't be any new kexploit or service exploit, I just don't know of one.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
This is Nintendo were talking about guys. When have they ever patched any system to be full hack proof. It just takes time if there's people willing to try to crack it and I'm sure there is. I'm sure Nintendo love the cat and mouse chase because they always leave something. Some might say well why would they if there losing thousands on people pirating games but they shift a lot more systems this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON