Hacking Gateway 3ds: A9LH, Downgrade, Release Planned on May 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 10.6 and own a Sky3ds with cubic ninja, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to wait for this? From what I've been reading, there are people reporting that when downgrading it softbricks and they have to update to 11.0. I formatted my 3ds twice but I don't know the odds of it happening. Also, if I successfully downgrade to 9.2 and attempt to install a9hl, can the softbrick issue occur again or will you be able to backup and try again from 9.2?
this soft brick issue has only happened on New3DS as far as I know, and only applies to the 9.2 downgrade. since you formatted, you should be fine.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 10.6 and own a Sky3ds with cubic ninja, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to wait for this? From what I've been reading, there are people reporting that when downgrading it softbricks and they have to update to 11.0. I formatted my 3ds twice but I don't know the odds of it happening. Also, if I successfully downgrade to 9.2 and attempt to install a9hl, can the softbrick issue occur again or will you be able to backup and try again from 9.2?
If you formatted you won't softbrick when downgrading.

Once you're on 9.2 the process is 99.99% safe as long as you don't make any mistakes. Only bricks I've seen in the past few weeks are user error.

Reactions: Asterik1904

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked on GW 3.7.1 - EmuNand GW3D 11.0.0-33E. It looks like it fixed. Couldn't try much... i saved in a different spot in Pokemon Y (.3ds) and turned of the console. Restartet -> MSET Boot -> Load the Game -> It had the new save. Didn't even new that's it was fixed.

No, 3.7.1 didn't fix the possebility to loose your savegame, there are reports from users (another board, can't mention/link in here) where i support.

Example Baverly Second tends to loose its save even going back to home menu befor powering off. It happened to myself in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon once.

Since then i exit to home menu and re-mount the game (this triggers savegame loading) and i'm fine.

Asterik1904

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this soft brick issue has only happened on New3DS as far as I know, and only applies to the 9.2 downgrade. since you formatted, you should be fine.

Yeah, I'm trying to downgrade to 9.2 but I have an old 3ds xl. Sounds promising, might as well try it now. I will format a third time before I start the initial downgrade process just to be on the safe side. Thanks a lot, and thanks to astronautlevel too.

Last edited by Asterik1904,

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I'm trying to downgrade to 9.2 but I have an old 3ds xl. Sounds promising, might as well try it now. I will format a third time before I start the initial downgrade process just to be on the safe side. Thanks a lot, and thanks to astronautlevel too.

I downgraded my New 3ds from 10.3 to 9.2 without issues and without formating the machine, maybe I had luck but I not so sure if formating increase the chance to avoid a softbrick.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded my New 3ds from 10.3 to 9.2 without issues and without formating the machine, maybe I had luck but I not so sure if formating increase the chance to avoid a softbrick.

Formatting has been the go to solution if people soft brick (I have not soft bricked, even without formatting, but I've seen a number of people who have). I have yet to see it not fix the issue.

So, if you can't risk soft bricking, format your 3DS first.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Formatting has been the go to solution if people soft brick (I have not soft bricked, even without formatting, but I've seen a number of people who have). I have yet to see it not fix the issue.

So, if you can't risk soft bricking, format your 3DS first.

Well maybe is a good idea to do that, but what I'm saying is that is not clear why some people softbrick and others no.

The only thing I do before downgrade was check the SD card state, I copied all the data to my PC and do a full erase with sd formatter then copy all my data back to the sd and do the downgrade process without format the 3ds, maybe the blame if you softbrick is a faulty sd card.

Asterik1904

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I formatted twice before but I don't know if my SD card was in the 3ds. Should I format it couple more times just to be in the safe side, or does it not matter?

It's an old 3ds xl. I copied the 3ds files and backed them up on my laptop but I thought when you format it renders the files useless.

With that said, should I wait to see what the gateway team has to offer or should I just stop being a little bitch and go for it?

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well you can format your sd card too (sd formatter does the job well), the files that you backup will work only if you don't format the 3ds after you make the backup, every time you format the 3ds an encrypted folder is make which match your new formatted nand, so You can format the 3ds then make a backup of the data in the sd card then format the sd card put the data back and start from there.

Asterik1904

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well you can format your sd card too (sd formatter does the job well), the files that you backup will work only if you don't format the 3ds after you make the backup, every time you format the 3ds an encrypted folder is make which match your new formatted nand, so You can format the 3ds then make a backup of the data in the sd card then format the sd card put the data back and start from there.

I think my data is long gone, threres no need for me to worry about that at this point. I formatied three times now and before I formatted the first time I backed up my files.

One of the first things I did was format the SD card to FAT32. I think I'm set up right, just the soft bricking part was making me nervous. I wouldn't have had this problem if I didn't lose my charger for about 2 weeks, and I didn't expect an update such as 11.0.

If I do downgrade successfully to 9.2, should I attempt to install a9hl using the guide everyone recommends or see what the gateway releases?

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wait... Did the first wave arrive?
The first wave was alpha/beta combined, it is ongoing and hard mod only. It has hit a couple of hurdles, but should still be on target for the release date of the 22nd or not too long after. AFAIK second wave may be the first non hardmod testers, or possibilty no hard mod will need to wait till actual release to be 100% safe. You have to remember this kind of stuff is quite invasive to the console, so fail safes need to be in place for the end user

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that the release will go smoothly, either it will be delayed or beta testing did end.

It makes no sense to roll out files now without proper testing time.

Last edited by liomajor,

noreason4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the official current status? Did anyone receive any beta files to test? I should better stay far away from this community for the next 2 month.. but its so tempting to hang around for updates if you got a brand new 3ds sitting next to you :D

Last edited by noreason4,

diego-rbb-93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems GW made their homeworks to make sure not a single shit gets leaked. But i would like ant beta testers to tell about the process going well as i feel like this is not going to launch on 22... XD

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expected release to the public is May 22nd = Expected delay with an arrival date of soon. I am expecting a video showing off some features with a shift in release of unknown length on the 22nd.

Edit: I am actually kinda shocked Gateway has not released any video at all of this release they are trying to hype up. As a Gateway user this makes me think they are not as close to an ACTUAL release as they would like us to believe. Here is hoping I am wrong.

Last edited by stl25,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Expected release to the public is May 22nd = Expected delay with an arrival date of soon. I am expecting a video showing off some features with a shift in release of unknown length on the 22nd.

Edit: I am actually kinda shocked Gateway has not released any video at all of this release they are trying to hype up. As a Gateway user this makes me think they are not as close to an ACTUAL release as they would like us to believe. Here is hoping I am wrong.
13 firmwares, 6 regions, 5 3ds models, 2 dangerous nand exploits, 1 tiny beta team, and 1 week to test it all .....
totals to: release on 22nd = bullshit

I don't know who they're kidding.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
13 firmwares, 6 regions, 5 3ds models, 2 dangerous nand exploits, 1 tiny beta team, and 1 week to test it all .....
totals to: release on 22nd = bullshit

I don't know who they're kidding.
Yep. Sad, but there's nothing we can do about it. Unless they release without any testing which I doubt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.