Hacking GATEWAY 3.2.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
So you don't need cubic ninja or Oot anymore to boot into gateway mode or do you still need it on first install? cause in that case I have just waisted £28.99p yesterday preparing :(

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So you don't need cubic ninja or Oot anymore to boot into gateway mode or do you still need it on first install? cause in that case I have just waisted £28.99p yesterday preparing :(

No you didn't waste your money. It's needed initially to get into Gateway mode so that you can downgrade msett/DS Cart White List. After that you can probably sell the game to someone else who needs it as once the DS Cart White list downgrade is done, you can use the Gateway blue card to restore the DS Profile exploit anytime it gets wiped.

Reactions: Reecey and Margen67

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe it's time to make a collection of all gateway hotkeys. We have

Hold L for loading GW menu
Hold R for forced FPGA update
Hold UP for booting in GW/Classic mode without firmware spoof (for update via gamecart)
Hold B for booting to sysNAND
Down+B in gateway menu for quick shutdown

and maybe more, those are just the ones I remembering right now.

To avoid confusion, I corrected my post. Thanks gamesquest1!

Reactions: Garou

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Maybe it's time to make a collection of all gateway hotkeys. We have

Hold L for loading GW menu
Hold R for forced FPGA update (?)
Hold UP for booting in GW/Classic mode without firmware spoof (for update via gamecart)
Hold B for booting to sysNAND
Down+B in gateway menu for quick shutdown

and maybe more, those are just the ones I remembering right now.
ftfy :P

Reactions: pedrobarca

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As GW can now boot in sysnand, is it possible to install savedatafiler in sysnand to extract (for example) my SmashBros 3DS save from my retail cart ? Or is it too brick risky ?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you didn't waste your money. It's needed initially to get into Gateway mode so that you can downgrade msett/DS Cart White List. After that you can probably sell the game to someone else who needs it as once the DS Cart White list downgrade is done, you can use the Gateway blue card to restore the DS Profile exploit anytime it gets wiped.

Maybe this has already been addressed but I have an o3ds with sky can't I just use the sky on n3ds and cn ROM to get into gateway mode to install the downgrade? If yes this is a better alternative then buying cn for a one time use. Yes I know sky is expensive but I already have it maybe others do too.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Maybe this has already been addressed but I have an o3ds with sky can't I just use the sky on n3ds and cn ROM to get into gateway mode to install the downgrade? If yes this is a better alternative then buying cn for a one time use. Yes I know sky is expensive but I already have it maybe others do too.
yes ofc people can use sky3ds in place of CN/oot

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As GW can now boot in sysnand, is it possible to install savedatafiler in sysnand to extract (for example) my SmashBros 3DS save from my retail cart ? Or is it too brick risky ?
No, this wont work.

Retail carts wont work in gateway mode and unsigned CIAs (that includes SDF) will not work in regular or classic mode, irrelevant of what nand (sys or emu) it was installed.

What you want to backup your smash savegame is NTR cfw with the savegame plugin.

Reactions: Leslie White

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Although it won't work for retail carts, it will work for Legit CIAs you might have in sysNAND. Using NTR to get the saves from the carts, I managed to use SaveDataFiler to import all my saves to the CIAs (I could only do a few with NTR since you can't get rid of the secure values without SDF).

EDIT: Worth just noting I do need to be in Gateway Mode whenever I actually want to use SDF.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative