Hacking GATEWAY 3.2.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

Rafael_ZW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, i changed my Sd of 8GB for one of 16GB, but when i boot gateway mode pressing L for format nand appear the message "an error occurred...." then i have to restart the console, how i fix this?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
i bought my sky3ds just for cubic ninja. now that im done im planning to resell it. would i still need it in the future?
i have read that you cant change network setting on New 3DS once you downgraded the system setting, is this true? Say if im planning to travel elsewhere and have different wifi connection, would i need to restore original system setting to access another available wifi?
I have personally added two access points to my emunand since 3.2

I have deleted one from ssynand.

I don't think there is truth to this claim of uneditable network settings unless they're referring to something else.

I guess we still have to use the mset.cia file the first time? Because I tried to install directly the .nds file and changed nothing. System settings still in 9.0.0-20 and DS profile is still the original one.

I haven't changed the launcher yet but I assume it change nothing because it should output an error when you try to load the ds profile if it was working one (as when you don't have a launcher.dat file on the sd card).

yeah, because the cia needs to be downgraded before you masturbate the NVRAM into it.

meow meow moew

It wouldn't, no.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quick question I'm currently using 3.1.1 version of gw. If i replace the launcher.dat would I still be able access the gw menu using CN and is there a chance this would mess up my emunand?

To everyone that keeps asking this:

You will not lose your current method of booting gateway. It's an update, it simply adds yet another way of booting into gateway... There is no reason they would remove the code that works for you unless they split the updates between the O3DS and the New 3DS.

I guess we still have to use the mset.cia file the first time? Because I tried to install directly the .nds file and changed nothing. System settings still in 9.0.0-20 and DS profile is still the original one.

I haven't changed the launcher yet but I assume it change nothing because it should output an error when you try to load the ds profile if it was working one (as when you don't have a launcher.dat file on the sd card).

It was possible to install .cia file to sysnand before this update.
Yes you have to install the mset.cia once.

Yes, you have to change the launcher.dat because it contains the new code which always the ds profile to be reinstalled with the blue card. You're right that it would have crashed even without the new launcher but you didn't even downgrade your mset so it just didn't work at all

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When was classic mode fixed? I haven't been able to boot classic mode without Gateway card for awhile now. It booted to classic mode without the GW card on this revision.

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem is there is more then 1 version of devmenu.3ds

In the big thread of the previous update (from 2-3 days ago) people have listed exactly which version of devmenu you need.

Someone even posted a link to the 4.5 CFW that apparently has the proper devmenu.3ds in it.

Tried all those, still no success. The sdk devmenu 2.3.4 renamed from .csi to .3ds, I checked the crc as well beginning with E, etc.

I believe I am the only one here with a n3ds LL, that's why those devmenu work around here for those with USA version and apparently not the JAP one.

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What I have to do to update from GW 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 ?
Can someone explain me please ?
Because on 3.2.0 I had the problem with exploit installed on emunand but then I did it again with a 2nd micro SD and
everything is working fine.

Thanks !

uqbn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Every time I try to launch devmenu.3ds it comes to black screen with smth. like "there's no card inserted, press home button to return to home menu" (sorry for translation, my menu's in Russian).
Meanwhile all the .3ds games and BigBlueMenu.3ds work like a charm.
I use devmenu.csu --> .3ds from SDK 2.3.4. Cannot understand what I do wrong.
NEW 3DS EU FW9.0

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have to do to update from GW 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 ?
Can someone explain me please ?
Because on 3.2.0 I had the problem with exploit installed on emunand but then I did it again with a 2nd micro SD and
everything is working fine.

Thanks !

Do you want the answere here or in the other forum you posted? > Launcher.dat

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To everyone that keeps asking this:

You will not lose your current method of booting gateway. It's an update, it simply adds yet another way of booting into gateway... There is no reason they would remove the code that works for you unless they split the updates between the O3DS and the New 3DS.

Yes you have to install the mset.cia once.

Yes, you have to change the launcher.dat because it contains the new code which always the ds profile to be reinstalled with the blue card. You're right that it would have crashed even without the new launcher but you didn't even downgrade your mset so it just didn't work at all

Thanks. I'll try.

Reactions: samiam144

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
When was classic mode fixed? I haven't been able to boot classic mode without Gateway card for awhile now. It booted to classic mode without the GW card on this revision.
doesnt for me what FW is your emunand on, classic mode has always booted into 7.x or lower without inserting the card, this is on a n3ds though, unless they just disabled the check for o3DS

on a side not i found a weird bug probably due to the old MSET, if you go to microSD transfer tool in emunand, when you exit out you end up in sysnand system setting (as seen because there is no microSD transfer option in the data management screen), but you get stuck there, hitting back opens microSD management (even though there is no option to load it in sysnand any more), thought i was going mad for a minute and opened microSD management by accident three times :rofl:

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3DS XL on emuNAND 9.7. Until GW 3.2+ I would just get black screen when I hit X for classic mode without GW cart. Now it boots GW4.5 in classic mode without the cart.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have an o3DS XL on emuNAND 9.7. Until GW 3.2+ I would just get black screen when I hit X for classic mode without GW cart. Now it boots GW4.5 in classic mode without the cart.
guess they just automatically disable emunand too (like is you hold B) so if your sysnand is on 4.x-7.x it will still boot into classic mode, i will give a go with a 9.x o3DS XL later, but i guess its going to be the same, with it only working if sysnand is on 4.x-7.x

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some questions guys

1- if i downgrade the system settings , there's no more microsd management to transfer files to n3ds with wireless on sysnand?
2- does the old bugs like 3d still exists on 3.2.1 on n3ds?
3- so the only way to restore the original system settings is restoring the backed up nand?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
some questions guys

1- if i downgrade the system settings , there's no more microsd management to transfer files to n3ds with wireless on sysnand?
2- does the old bugs like 3d still exists on 3.2.1 on n3ds?
3- so the only way to restore the original system settings is restoring the backed up nand?
1, yeah it will be missing
2, not sure havent noticed it
3, no you can just manually update MSET back to the real version

Reactions: s-arash

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guess they just automatically disable emunand too (like is you hold B) so if your sysnand is on 4.x-7.x it will still boot into classic mode, i will give a go with a 9.x o3DS XL later, but i guess its going to be the same, with it only working if sysnand is on 4.x-7.x

I made a boo boo. I didn't realize my kids replaced my GW cart (for the first time in his life), and the GW was inserted after all. Feeling a bit slow now. Need caffiine (pun intended)!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol