Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 264,746
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Any news on Jap 8.1 N3DS? I've been hearing that it is having issues?
I ordered my copy of OOT3D from Nippon-Yassan, so it hsould be here next week.
yeah multi-rom menu doesnt work and the 8.1 emunand indicator is broken, so you have to be careful updating emunand.....once you update emunand to 9.5 it will all work (well i think the GW3D is still missing in system settings, but you can use everything else as normal)

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
yeah multi-rom menu doesnt work and the .1 emunand indicator is broken, so you have to be careful updating emunand.....once you update emunand to 9.5 it will all work (well i think the GW3D is still missing in system settings, but you can use everything else as normal)
Wait a minute, didn't Gateway say they won't be able to support emunand 9.5+ on the new 3DS?

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah multi-rom menu doesnt work and the .1 emunand indicator is broken, so you have to be careful updating emunand.....once you update emunand to 9.5 it will all work (well i think the GW3D is still missing in system settings, but you can use everything else as normal)

From what I heard you cannot update from settings at all. You have to turn on wifi and put the 3ds to sleep or something. Than update in GW mode when the nag comes up.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wait a minute, didn't Gateway say they won't be able to support emunand 9.5+ on the new 3DS?
they lied :P (well they didnt lie really, basically they thought they wouldnt as nintendo changed their encryption stuff for the n3DS.....but then it turned out, nintendo had screwed up so they could still retrieve the new keys)
From what I heard you cannot update from settings at all. You have to turn on wifi and put the 3ds to sleep or something. Than update in GW mode when the nag comes up.
nope you can, but its kind of more risky as there is no real indicators for you to go off, as long as you are 100% you have set up emunand and are currently in emunand you can update....but its easier to tell from the home screen as you can set up the SYSNAND/EMUNAND folders to act as your "GW3D" safe to update indicator

Reactions: bowser

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope you can, but its kind of more risky as there is no real indicators for you to go off, as long as you are 100% you have set up emunand and are currently in emunand you can update....but its easier to tell from the home screen as you can set up the SYSNAND/EMUNAND folders to act as your "GW3D" safe to update indicator

Are you sure? I know of the GW3D issue a lot of users are getting, but I was told that 8.1J simply will not work through the settings as everything does not work until you get emunand working. Maybe that person was misinformed, but the specifically stated you cannot update via the menu on 8.1J. They seemed to indicate it was separate from the GW3D missing bug on other FW versions.

zaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so i have a gateway and a copy of cubic ninja and nintendo new 3DS... the wait has begun for the last piece of the puzzle...

Canadacdn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
they lied :P (well they didnt lie really, basically they thought they wouldnt as nintendo changed their encryption stuff for the n3DS.....but then it turned out, nintendo had screwed up so they could still retrieve the new keys)

The safest way to do this is to format and then update emunand on the 4gb mSD that comes with the N3DS which is small enough to not be susceptible to this bug. Once that's done, create an image of this card and write it to your larger card, then expand the partition before doing a system transfer from your old 3DS. That's how I set up and transferred my emunand to N3DS. A little convoluted and time-consuming, but comes with far less risk.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Are you sure? I know of the GW3D issue a lot of users are getting, but I was told that 8.1J simply will not work through the settings as everything does not work until you get emunand working. Maybe that person was misinformed, but the specifically stated you cannot update via the menu on 8.1J. They seemed to indicate it was separate from the GW3D missing bug on other FW versions.
well i dont have a japanese console to try it on but im pretty sure i seen 2 people say they updated a japanese console via system settings.....but obviously dont risk it if you dont have a nand mod or whatever, just update via the homescreen as you said
The safest way to do this is to format and then update emunand on the 4gb mSD that comes with the N3DS which is small enough to not be susceptible to this bug. Once that's done, create an image of this card and write it to your larger card, then expand the partition before doing a system transfer from your old 3DS. That's how I set up and transferred my emunand to N3DS. A little convoluted and time-consuming, but comes with far less risk.
yeah the 8.1 japanese systems seem to never get the GW3D indicator, no matter what SD is used

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do not do this! ONLY update from the settings when your firmware has GW3D before it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Do not do this! ONLY update from the settings when your firmware has GW3D before it.
yeah....the issue is 8.1 n3ds console do not ever get the GW3D indicator, as long as you set up emunand and make visual indicators such as having folders spelling out SYS and EMU in their respective nand, you can safely update from the home screen........its either that or 8.1 users cannot do anything at all atm with gateway as they royally screwed up with the update for 8.1 n3DS consoles, you cant even get the rom menu up, so you can pretty much do nothing until you get yourself updated to 9.5

Lockerzpoints2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my past topic/discussion post, I said I was ordering cubic ninja ahead of time and I'm glad I did. I am happy that Gateway released this so fast. I got my Cubic Ninja yesterday before scalpers acted again.

sweetimpact

Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't sound promising. Reformat the mSD card with SD Formatter v.4 from SD Association website. Put it back in gateway and retest. How long have you had the GW?
Yup i've already tried the SD formatter and no dice. I just purchased the GW a few days ago and received it yesterday so i'm guessing i just happen to be "lucky". Going to contact the shop later today once they open.

Edit: I did get the card from a reseller listed on the GW site and it has the longer middle pin.

Reactions: thorasgar

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I have a New 3DS on a 9.0 System Version. I bought a R4 Dual Core 2015. Yesterday I bought the Gateway so I and I was thinking how to use both. First I'll do all that stuff about Nand e Emunand and etc, but what to do when I want to play DS games using the R4? It's just plug and play in all Nands. I read somewhere that when using DS games I have to do the exploit again....

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have a New 3DS on a 9.0 System Version. I bought a R4 Dual Core 2015. Yesterday I bought the Gateway so I and I was thinking how to use both. First I'll do all that stuff about Nand e Emunand and etc, but what to do when I want to play DS games using the R4? It's just plug and play in all Nands. I read somewhere that when using DS games I have to do the exploit again....

The DS profile is for the Old 3DS v4.x only. You don't have to do anything special for DS games, just continue to use your DS card in your sysnand as normal.

Reactions: Maximoff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...