Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,428
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm pretty sure at some point they stated that you would not have to buy anything extra for GW to work on N3DS. At this point I feel it is safe to say GW lied to some degree. They have a working method, but it is not what the were saying it would be. People who purchased a GW based upon what they were saying "All you need is the GW cart" were lied to. They have no method beyond the OoT one that they would release publicly, that is clear now. It just took them months to admit it.

They only did it because they were loosing sales and this was the only option since the official release doesnt seem to be near. But hey better this than nothing right? WRONG! At least for some people :rolleyes:
The fact that they released this to the public shows that they indeed care for their customers unlike someone else khm... All in all Im happy they released this method to the public since Ive got some friends with OOT who I can borrow the game from.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Stiven Castillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just a quick question, when I Restore the savegame to OOT: using the Gateway menu’s Restore savegame option with a original 3DS does it delete all the save files on the Zelda game or does it just need one of the three free spaces OOT allows? I ask this because I'm borrowing a friend's OOT copy and don't want to delete all his save files.

Thanks in advance!

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys just a quick question, when I Restore the savegame to OOT: using the Gateway menu’s Restore savegame option with a original 3DS does it delete all the save files on the Zelda game or does it just need one of the three free spaces OOT allows? I ask this because I'm borrowing a friend's OOT copy and don't want to delete all his save files.

Thanks in advance!

It will wipe the whole save file

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was yours a black one?
I might go and pick one up and sell my Jap one if its gonna be that difficult to get a Jap Ocarina of Time copy.

At this point I feel like a little more patience might pay off.

CN may yet work with GW (much cheaper).
There are efforts to region swap a JP N3DS with a US 3DS.
Users are working to get sky3ds working with GW smoothly.

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point I feel like a little more patience might pay off.

CN may yet work with GW (much cheaper).
There are efforts to region swap a JP N3DS with a US 3DS.
Users are working to get sky3ds working with GW smoothly.

More waitway it is then. When will the region change feature come? Is there an ETA on that?

Mitch2025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure at some point they stated that you would not have to buy anything extra for GW to work on N3DS. At this point I feel it is safe to say GW lied to some degree. They have a working method, but it is not what the were saying it would be. People who purchased a GW based upon what they were saying "All you need is the GW cart" were lied to. They have no method beyond the OoT one that they would release publicly, that is clear now. It just took them months to admit it.

Not really. People wouldn't stop complaining about support so they released a test version with a method they have working. It's a beta release. NOT FINAL. Beta means test. It is still in the test phase. If they released this saying "This is the final release. Enjoy!" then it would have been a lie. They released what they have currently using the best, most stable exploit they have currently. Yes, it requires extra hardware but their statement about not requiring extra hardware is meant for the final release. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I get busy for a few days and don't check this site and look what happens. Lol

You all have me to thank for the release. I was holding it up the whole time. :)

I have answered hundreds of questions so maybe someone can help me out with a noob one.

We have 3 N3DS in our family and an old 3DS. In order for us to remain independent will I need 3 copies of OOT to keep make sure we can launch the exploit at any time?

2. does this mean no wifi access is required?

Thanks all.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum