Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,188
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

icebeam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, a couple questions about getting this to work with a jp N3ds

1 - Could I use a US old 3ds instead of a save dongle to upload the save?

2- since the next gateway release uses cubic ninja, and since the jp version of that game is eshop only and has been removed from the eshop, is it safe to say it will be useless for jp N3ds?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Before I screw up big time my kid's N3ds, could someone explain how to load the forged OOT savegame onto the OOT gamecard with a 3DSXL running Gateway (probably on the version before 2.7 or on 2.7 - I just can't recall updating it lately) ?
BTW, what does it take to update Emunand to 9.5 (I mean what version should we be running with our 'old' 3DS XL) ?

Thanks

put forged save on SD card (with correct region)

boot to gateway

highlight Restore Retail Save option.

Put in OoT3DS card.

okay..... wait for to finish. boot to OoT on New 3DS and click the GATEWAY save then when you see the tree push A. profit.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hi guys, a couple questions about getting this to work with a jp N3ds

1 - Could I use a US old 3ds instead of a save dongle to upload the save?

2- since the next gateway release uses cubic ninja, and since the jp version of that game is eshop only and has been removed from the eshop, is it safe to say it will be useless for jp N3ds?

1. Yes. as long as you have access to get to the gateway menu and RESTORE RETAIL SAVE option.

2. and yes, you answered your own question

Ok maybe im retarded I have a gateway card but what is this news about zelda?

check OP.

Sumary. Ocarina of Time has a save exploit that finally allows gateway to be used on the New 3DS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Before I screw up big time my kid's N3ds, could someone explain how to load the forged OOT savegame onto the OOT gamecard with a 3DSXL running Gateway (probably on the version before 2.7 or on 2.7 - I just can't recall updating it lately) ?
BTW, what does it take to update Emunand to 9.5 (I mean what version should we be running with our 'old' 3DS XL) ?

Thanks
Copy the save file to your SD card on the old 3ds, insert the original oot cart, select restore game save in the gateway menu (this will delete the existing saves on the cart)

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To be fair, this goes to show that Gateway are indeed money hungry greedy hackers.

Finding an exploit in a save, that we then have to use their cart to run? Seriously? Can't this all be done on software with the game save exploits!

To be fair, once KARL is released for emunand, and I have got a nand mod installed, gateway will be useless, I'll be selling my gateway for sky.

it is better than nothing. In future they will probably find different method to launch GW menu. So if you want, wait.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain whats going on I understand gateway released an update that allows new 3ds use but I have on "Old" 3DS XL do I even need zelda at all?

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Today i received sky3ds... its working beautifully. :)

I was really sad when i saw that gateway released, but when i read about what was needed... not so much.

Reactions: Random Joe

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Today i received sky3ds... its working beautifully. :)

I was really sad when i saw that gateway released, but when i read about what was needed... not so much.
Wait, so you mean that, when Gateway released 3.1 you felt sad, but when you read about it a bit more, you weren't as sad? Isn't it the other way around?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-