Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,596
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, (Not asking where you can get it but) Is it possible get Eshop apps + virtual console games + indie games files without getting them off the Eshop directly?

(Once again i'm not asking for a link right now, just wondering if its do able)
Yes.

(Where have you been? Living under a rock at Stonehenge?).

:P

Xellos2099

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, good yeah I guess the blacks would all be from the same batch so they will all probably be 9.4, well at least you got a 9.0 console anyway :)

We don't have any security stickers on the boxes here, if it's something the store put on themselves they probably just accidentally stuck 2 on the 1 box

Should i get started on using the gateway and install the emunand right away or wait for a stable release? I have my OOT on stand by

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to backup my OOT save before I tried the exploit and then restored it back fine. Not sure if that's what you are asking.

If anyone else needs a step by step guide how to use their retail saves with a backup of their retail game.

- If the game came with 6.0.0 or newer FW on it and has been played on a 6.0.0+ system this will not work.
- If the save file is smaller than 512kb this will not work.
- Game save will only work on the Same Retail Cart back up.

1. Start the 3ds with the retail cart you want to back up and want the sav file of.
2. Open the gateway menu with "L"
3. Select "Backup 3ds Game Cartridge" (file will save to the normal SD card on the side 3ds, make sure its large enough). Finish the backup of game cartridge.
4. Select "Backup 3ds savegame" Finish the backup of savegame
5. Shut off 3DS and plug the SD card into a computer.
6. Rename the Backup 3ds Game Cartridge extension from ".3DS" to ".3DZ"
7. Move ONLY the Backup 3ds Game Cartridge extension to your RED Gateway micro SDcard
8. Find out the "titleid" of the "Backup 3ds Game Cartridge" by going to http://3ds.essh.co/
9. Rename the the "Backup 3ds savegame" to the "titleid" of the "Backup 3ds Game Cartridge", e.g Kingdom hearts NSTC is "000400000008D300" so the save file should look like this, 000400000008D300.sav .
10. Do not move the Sav file from the normal SD card (side of 3ds)
11. Plug the SD card back into the 3DS and power on.
11. Boot Gateway into "Gateway mode".
12. Select the game you just backed up (the .3DZ file).
13. Your save should automatically restore itself.

Thank you, nicko , The Real Jdbye and gamesquest1 for helping me out.

I hope someone finds this step by step guide helpful.
My backed-up OoT save is only 128KB.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
anyone knows the steps i need to make in NUS3DS in order to download firmware 9.5.0-23E ? i have tried to download the update but no luck (ERROR OCCURED)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems Gamestop is getting in on the price-gouge action. A copy of OoT doubled from $24.99 to $49.99 over night. :P
That's what they were going for around my neck of the woods before the update. It was price gouging or supply and demand depending on your perspective. I would grab a copy or two at that price. I did.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
anyone knows the steps i need to make in NUS3DS in order to download firmware 9.5.0-23E ? i have tried to download the update but no luck (ERROR OCCURED)
That's the fault of your internet. Just keep trying. It will pickup where it left off. This happened to me and I had to restart the update 5 times before I finally got the 9.5.0-23 :) just make sure you are in emuNAND. Iirc, it send you back to sysNAND after every failed update.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
That's the fault of your internet. Just keep trying. It will pickup where it left off. This happened to me and I had to restart the update 5 times before I finally got the 9.5.0-23 :) just make sure you are in emuNAND. Iirc, it send you back to sysNAND after every failed update.

i'm not there yet, i'm trying to download the latest N3DS firmware to my PC using NUS3DS

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can restore it back to the cart fine, but I can't use it with a dump of my game cart unfortunately.

Wait... Does that mean that GATEWAY Backup & Restore works on all retail cart games, if you just want to Backup to / Restore from card?

Can anyone confirm or deny that a Smash Bros. 3DS retail save can be Backed Up and Restored via GATEWAY?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have a better idea: Why don't I ask the people who are the most likely in the world to actually know about it.

*snip* Sorry for taking an interest.

what did you need to know?

LagDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what did you need to know?
It seemed from the thread like everyone was more interested in the GW than other cards (I'm not sure if that's the case or not, just what it seemed like) so I was just asking what the difference was that made GW more interesting.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seemed from the thread like everyone was more interested in the GW than other cards (I'm not sure if that's the case or not, just what it seemed like) so I was just asking what the difference was that made GW more interesting.

Because some of the other flashcards (not including Sky3DS and its clones) copied GW and not to mention that GW is more up-to-date than the rest of those clones.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

It supports all roms to date, emulated nand, homebrew launching, CIA installations, region free, downgrade, cart/saves dumping and probably more features.
There are clones like MTcard and r4i3ds deluxe cloning gaeway, but are not up to date.
Sky3DS on the other hand works on all FW versions, but only have roms launching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1