Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 264,953
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this has been asked before, but when I'm in GW mode and go to settings, there's no GW3D before the version number. Is this a known bug? Is it safe to still update emuNAND?

Mine does not do that. I'd say you should probarbly re-create the emunand in that case. sounds bug-like to me.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure this has been asked, but do they support 9.5 EmuNAND on New 3DS? In a previous post they said "We will not be able to support emunand 9.5 or higher for a while on the New 3DS.", but in the current post I don't see them mentioning this.
I don't know if this has been asked before, but when I'm in GW mode and go to settings, there's no GW3D before the version number. Is this a known bug? Is it safe to still update emuNAND?
EmuNAND 9.5 works. However I had a "GW" before my version number so I would recommend NOT to update. I dumped my NAND and had the NAND.bin file on my microSD while running "Format emuNAND". Maybe you need the NAND.bin file on the microSD to make it work properly, dunno.

Reactions: bjaxx87

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
EmuNAND 9.5 works. However I had a "GW" before my version number so I would recommend NOT to update. I dumped my NAND and had the NAND.bin file on my microSD while running "Format emuNAND". Maybe you need the NAND.bin file on the microSD to make it work properly, dunno.

i used to think creating emunand worked like that (that you needed the nand.bin on the sd) - but i think it is wrong, you do not need the nand.bin. -- correct?

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh the ironi the only game i have playt on my new 3ds from the day i have is the one with the exploid...can we somehow only erase 1 save? I want to keep my masterquest save...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But I already backed up the NAND and did the format NAND. The same steps worked fine on a O3DS XL before.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
what is the point to use sky3ds to launch gateway??? You already have sky3ds and can play the games... and you can setup an emunand with karl3ds so gateway is pretty much useless at the moment... I am really thinking in selling my gateway and going sky3ds at the moment... I will just wait a couple of weeks to see if anything changes and if gateway is planning to have a different way to launch the exploit and if not bye bye gateway :)

What you said is true except you'll need Gateway for installing pirated .CIA's and DLC's as Karl won't allow you to do that, at least for now.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
OK. I just pulled the trigger on Zelda no Toki something something... now I'll have to wait for 2 months to get it since my government sucks. Oh well, time to replay some DS games on my N3DS XL to pass the time.

lebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
OK. I just pulled the trigger on Zelda no Toki something something... now I'll have to wait for 2 months to get it since my government sucks. Oh well, time to replay some DS games on my N3DS XL to pass the time.

Why this pain ???
Just be patient they are working on a solution which doesn't needs Zelda, it seems that it will work with only the gateway card !
Zelda OOT is only a temporary solution...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

luckily i bought the game back when it was released, 2 3dses ago :D
and yes, it works perfectly with my jp n3ds :) i hope the wait is not too long for you!

jumpo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the whole "hey look we have gateway working on n3ds. No no you don't need any other stuff it'll just work" right, selling my gateway and getting a sky3ds, I've been patient for over 3 months and they pretty much just spat in my face

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an idea. What if they release a FPGA update that turns GW red card into sky3ds only when inserted in sysnand. So we will be able to boot OOT and its save file to boot GW without need of original cartridge and dongle/old3ds.

Bump. Is this possible?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I love the whole "hey look we have gateway working on n3ds. No no you don't need any other stuff it'll just work" right, selling my gateway and getting a sky3ds, I've been patient for over 3 months and they pretty much just spat in my face

get oot3ds, and you will be so happy playing all your roms on n3ds. it better than no piracy at all, right?

Bump. Is this possible?

maybe possible... probably not, i don't expect it personally

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What you said is true except you'll need Gateway for installing pirated .CIA's and DLC's as Karl won't allow you to do that, at least for now.

I don't use cias at the moment... Don't see any reason too and since you will have emunand you can just download any updates via eshop to play online on the games you have on sky3ds... The only thing you won't have will be dlcs... but who cares?

Why this pain ???
Just be patient they are working on a solution which doesn't needs Zelda, it seems that it will work with only the gateway card !
Zelda OOT is only a temporary solution...

Are we sure about that? And what will this solution be? CN? So instead of having tp buy OOT we will have to buy CN? BS

lebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Are we sure about that? And what will this solution be? CN? So instead of having tp buy OOT we will have to buy CN? BS

here what they said the 11th

"Keep in mind that finding a more convenient solution for our New 3DS users will remain a priority task to us."

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
here what they said the 11th

"Keep in mind that finding a more convenient solution for our New 3DS users will remain a priority task to us."

This is terrifying... They don't even say it will be soon.... And everybody knows what that means. If their soon is 4 months, imagine something that is not soon how long it will take

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...