Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 263,544
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh, I still can't get my FW to display properly. I formatted both microSD. Made sure the old emuNAND partition was deleted from the microSD. I did a system format as well. I then proceeded to do a Format emuNAND function in the Gateway Menu. Took forever as usual... I then reboot back into GW menu with OoT while holding R. Forced the Red Card to be updated. (Launcher.dat is the 3.1.0 file). Load into Gateway Mode, check settings STILL DOES NOT say GW3D. And yet, BigBlueMenu CIA installed and runs just fine, and MultiROM pops up just fine, Roms load just fine... . Just like before. So I am DEFINATELY in emuNAND. But my settings menu does NOT show GW3D . And until it says that, I will NOT be updating.

Also, booting into classic mode, shows the CIAs, but obviously, they do not run.
So as a final test... I powered off my NN3DSXL Took off back plate. Powered it on. Once it came on, I took out the main microSD. It comlpained that the microSD has been removed to please reinsert it blahblah. Put it back it, loaded up OoT. Exploited, switched in the RedCard, clicked Boot Gateway Mode. Loaded BBM(3DS) into the multiROM. Installed SaveDataFiler and BigBlueMenu CIAs. Loaded up SaveDataFiler(CIA), backed up my pokemon (card2) ROM save. Exited, loaded up BBM(CIA). Exited. Removed the microSD card as I did on sysNAND, system took a shit, and forced me to power off. So I know for a fact I am in emuNAND. And I am not loading/unloading anything at all, that would cause a reboot. Also, I have my Tiles setup differently in sysNAND and emuNAND so i can tell the difference. I know I am in emuNAND but I am scared to update because GW3D does NOT ever appear in System Settings. Again, the demo video released months back with the Japanese console did not show GW3D either, but still IDK!
Ok,

So I've updated my red gateway cart to 3.1.0 with a microsd installed
installed 3.1.0 launcher.dat to the internal nn3ds xl microsd
booted up Zelda OOT 3DS with the hacked save
Went into Gateway menu, inserted red Gateway cart and backed up my NAND and formatted EMUNAND.

Then I shut down.

Rebooted, launched OOT, went into gateway menu, switched out to red gateway cart, launched gateway mode, confirmed I can access the game selection menu, went to settings and GW3D 9.0.0-20u does not appear. The GW3D is missing. All I see is Ver 9.0.0-20u.

What am I doing wrong?
Same boat my friend.

9.0 AUS n3DS showed GW3D in the settings before updating.....suppose it could be bugged or something, what size is your nand dump btw?

1,933,312 KB (2 GB). (1.84GB if you check in properties)

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
God dammit, how am I supposed to find a copy for speedrunning now? :hateit:
Not only do I know how Cubic Ninja latecomers felt about no homebrew, but they didn't even have a legitimate use for the games otherwise.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Question though, is it worth I update my launcher.dat on my Old 3DS xl?
What changes are implemented?
Other than the Zelda exploit, I don't think there is any change. No harm in updating either.

Honestly, I'm usually lazy so I wouldn't unless a proper feature is implemented, or emuNAND 9.6 is out or sth similar

Reactions: VinsCool

deliverator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as a final test... I powered off my NN3DSXL Took off back plate. Powered it on. Once it came on, I took out the main microSD. It comlpained that the microSD has been removed to please reinsert it blahblah. Put it back it, loaded up OoT. Exploited, switched in the RedCard, clicked Boot Gateway Mode. Loaded BBM(3DS) into the multiROM. Installed SaveDataFiler and BigBlueMenu CIAs. Loaded up SaveDataFiler(CIA), backed up my pokemon (card2) ROM save. Exited, loaded up BBM(CIA). Exited. Removed the microSD card as I did on sysNAND, system took a shit, and forced me to power off. So I know for a fact I am in emuNAND. And I am not loading/unloading anything at all, that would cause a reboot. Also, I have my Tiles setup differently in sysNAND and emuNAND so i can tell the difference. I know I am in emuNAND but I am scared to update because GW3D does NOT ever appear in System Settings. Again, the demo video released months back with the Japanese console did not show GW3D either, but still IDK!

Same boat my friend.

So I've finally got it to work. I had to put back the default 4gb microsd it came with it. I formatted it on my PC, stuck launcher.dat on it, and went through the process. when I finally booted into gateway mode, i checked settings, and there it was, the illusive GW3D 9.0.0-20u. Then proceeded to update emunand and am now running on GW3D 9.5.0-23u

hope this helps.

Reactions: gamesquest1

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Other than the Zelda exploit, I don't think there is any change. No harm in updating either.

Honestly, I'm usually lazy so I wouldn't unless a proper feature is implemented, or emuNAND 9.6 is out or sth similar

Well will update anyway, thanks :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Same boat my friend.

hmmm ok well there goes that theory i also have the 1.8GB nand on my AUS 3DS......i guess you should be safe if you make visible indicators on your homescreens .....guess it just depends how much you want to have 9.5 emunand

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've finally got it to work. I had to put back the default 4gb microsd it came with it. I formatted it on my PC, stuck launcher.dat on it, and went through the process. when I finally booted into gateway mode, i checked settings, and there it was, the illusive GW3D 9.0.0-20u. Then proceeded to update emunand and am now running on GW3D 9.5.0-23u

hope this helps.

I hadn't thought of the original microSD it came with. Thanks I'll try that!

also some extra info about what is happening.
So I went ahead and while in emuNAND I clicked on System Settings. It showed the "Ver9.0" but no GW3D as usual. I then removed the microSD expecting the system to flop out. It didn't. So while I am in emuNAND, simply opening System Settings takes me to sysNAND (unlike before where it only took you to sysNAND after you EXITED System Settings)

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I have some doubts, can anyone kindly help me?

1) I have a zelda game, need to buy the dongle. Will I use the dongle just once? I mean, if I need to repeat the exploit do I need to rewrite the save on the cartridge?
2) Do I have to run the exploit through Zelda cartidge only when turn on the system? Going on and out sleep ode keeps the explot running?
3) If I use a DS game or flashcard will I have to repeat the process?
4) Do I need an internet conection in order to do this process?

Thanks!!

deliverator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't thought of the original microSD it came with. Thanks I'll try that!

also some extra info about what is happening.
So I went ahead and while in emuNAND I clicked on System Settings. It showed the "Ver9.0" but no GW3D as usual. I then removed the microSD expecting the system to flop out. It didn't. So while I am in emuNAND, simply opening System Settings takes me to sysNAND (unlike before where it only took you to sysNAND after you EXITED System Settings)

let me know how it turns out for you. i'm trying my samsung 8gb class 10 microsd again to see if i can get it to work.

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FLKXK4eh.jpg

Currently going back to waiting for another month waiting for a better method of booting GW w/o getting another copy of OOT that may not even work and having to spend another 150$+ to get this damn thing to work......That, and going back to playing the dark spire on my DSTwo (Thank goodness I had the knowledge to at least hold on to that -.-')

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I have some doubts, can anyone kindly help me?

1) I have a zelda game, need to buy the dongle. Will I use the dongle just once? I mean, if I need to repeat the exploit do I need to rewrite the save on the cartridge?
2) Do I have to run the exploit through Zelda cartidge only when turn on the system? Going on and out sleep ode keeps the explot running?
3) If I use a DS game or flashcard will I have to repeat the process?
4) Do I need an internet conection in order to do this process?

Thanks!!

1) Yes, you only need to load the save onto the Ocarina of Time game cart once.
2) You only need to run the exploit if you turn off the n3ds, going in and out of sleep will keep exploit running
3) You cant use the blue cart for DS games above 9.2 i believe and you would need to re-run exploit if you did run the blue cart.
4) No

Reactions: Maximoff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: