Hacking Gateway 3.1 Ultra Public Beta Has Arrived (EUR, USA, JPN)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 264,333
  • Replies 1,957
  • Likes 4

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK, system transfer works well. Only thing is that I screwed at some point and my system thought I already used a microSD in my old 3DS. Now I have to redownload all my stuff from the eshop. Well, no problem.

So you can system transfer to emunand? I didn't think that was possible because both units reboot before the transfer which would put you back into sysnand

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So you can system transfer to emunand? I didn't think that was possible because both units reboot before the transfer which would put you back into sysnand
I did emuNAND to emuNAND and it worked well. It did reboot twice after it was finished.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah there is a different step for emunand system transfers, iirc you remove the SD card or somthing until you get back into system settings on the reboot, then boot up emunand and it will finish the transfer

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
OK, system transfer works well. Only thing is that I screwed at some point and my system thought I already used a microSD in my old 3DS. Now I have to redownload all my stuff from the eshop. Well, no problem.

Wait so, I currently have:

(Original) 3DS XL 9.4

N3DS XL 9.0

I've asked this loads but wanna clarify with the new changes in things, I can update my Emunand on my n3ds xl 9.0 to "GW V9.5 emunand" right and also update my standard to the latest version and do a system transfer safely???

Ricardo Toddy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
can someone respond one simples question?

this new launcher works on 9.5 systems now?
i have another system on 4.2 +gateway and my girlfriend have sky3ds , but my 3ds with capture card is in 9.5.0-23 , i waiting suport for this att for long time.. this released now works? or only 4.2-9.2?

zingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I've formatted my emunand. However, according to the guide, once I boot into gateway mode I should say GW3D 9.0.0-20u. Right now it says Ver. 9.0.0-20u. I'm kinda of scared of running a system updated and updating my sysnand instead of my emunand. Should I be running in Classic Mode or Gateway Mode?

Thanks
Mine never had GW3D in front of it either which scared me too but I now have a sysnand on 9.0 and emunand on 9.5 and it still doesn't have GW3D in front like my old 3ds. AUS 3ds xl if any correlation

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait so, I currently have:

(Original) 3DS XL 9.4

N3DS XL 9.0

I've asked this loads but wanna clarify with the new changes in things, I can update my Emunand on my n3ds xl 9.0 to "GW V9.5 emunand" right and also update my standard to the latest version and do a system transfer safely???

Well so far only 1 user has reported to successfully update his emuNAND on N3DS to 9.5 and succesfully perform a system transfer from Old 3DS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Mine never had GW in front of it either which scared me too but I now have a sysnand on 9.0 and emunand on 9.5 and it still doesn't have GW in front like my old 3ds. AUS 3ds xl if any correlation
nope, mine had GW3D, dont suppose you booted into classic mode rather than gateway mode?

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone respond one simples question?

this new launcher works on 9.5 systems now?
i have another system on 4.2 +gateway and my girlfriend have sky3ds , but my 3ds with capture card is in 9.5.0-23 , i waiting suport for this att for long time.. this released now works? or only 4.2-9.2?

Up to 9.2.

zingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nope, mine had GW3D, dont suppose you booted into classic mode rather than gateway mode?
No not at all tested fully working with ROM menu everything never states GW3D infront quite unnerving going forward I suppose different themes on each band methinks like my earlier onea

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sky3DS disk writer dumps the entire 1MB raw data to file instead of the actual size of the save itself.
The NDS Adaptor+ dump of the Zelda OOT save is about 128KB.

This is for those that think about using a Sky3DS over the legit game cart.

Dude I've successfully converted a 512kb gateway save to a 1MB sky3ds save last night. It was a SM3DL save which uses the same encryption as OOT so I'm 100% sure this will work as well.

Reactions: Random Joe

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Sky3DS disk writer dumps the entire 1MB raw data to file instead of the actual size of the save itself.
The NDS Adaptor+ dump of the Zelda OOT save is about 128KB.

This is for those that think about using a Sky3DS over the legit game cart.

The 1MB raw data is just a filler. A dumped original save is exactly the same as the sky3ds save. The save ist just filled with zeros until it has 1MB .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm