Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

agranger5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of any place to download DStwo plugin files for gameyob. The one on the link is a damaged rar file that will not open and so far google has let me down over and over searching for this. Thanks to anyone who can help.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bmp file may not be required for this.

Open Notepad, and copy and paste this in:
[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/gameyob.bmp
name=GameYob
Save the text file as "gameyob.ini", in the "_dstwoplug" folder in the root of your sd card.
Put the gameyob.nds also in the "_dstwoplug" folder.

You now have GameYob in the DSTWO Plugin Menu.

Reactions: kdb1981

Rafael Paiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Drenn, sorry to make such huge request, but I think is a good thing to allow users map a button to swap the screens. I have 2 NDS, one of them is a mod of a damaged ds, using only one screen, and to use gameyob I need to change the screen everytime before to play, and cant save this configuration, because when start again I cant see the roms.

Ps: sorry my poor english
Ps II: In brazil is expensive to buy just a new screen, also I bou*ght all my video games used, and others are donated, so I don't have much money.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Drenn, sorry to make such huge request, but I think is a good thing to allow users map a button to swap the screens. I have 2 NDS, one of them is a mod of a damaged ds, using only one screen, and to use gameyob I need to change the screen everytime before to play, and cant save this configuration, because when start again I cant see the roms.

Ps: sorry my poor english
Ps II: In brazil is expensive to buy just a new screen, also I bou*ght all my video games used, and others are donated, so I don't have much money.

...Sure why not. Actually, single screen mode is a feature that's been kicking around in my head. Try it out in the latest build.

That was the first commit since january, be grateful :P

Rafael Paiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks Drenn, great emulator by the way, one of the best, on NDS don't have any other with so many features.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drenn what's the version number at now? latest version I have is from before the save game issues started appearing, I stayed on the older version when I saw them popping up and didn't want to lose any of my save games.

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Drenn,i wanted to play Pokemon Maize Beta 2.0 (A Pokemon Red Hack http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309293 ) But the game just freezes after the intro and when i try to exit the rom it gives me a red screen with codes/numbers ... (I played previous betas and they were working great on GameYob and Visual Boy Advance,even Pokemon Maize Beta 2.0 works on VBA,but couldn't get it to work on GameYob :( ) Do you think there could be a solution for this? :unsure:

imRP1WS.jpg

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Drenn,i wanted to play Pokemon Maize Beta 2.0 (A Pokemon Red Hack http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309293 ) But the game just freezes after the intro and when i try to exit the rom it gives me a red screen with codes/numbers ... (I played previous betas and they were working great on GameYob and Visual Boy Advance,even Pokemon Maize Beta 2.0 works on VBA,but couldn't get it to work on GameYob :( ) Do you think there could be a solution for this? :unsure:

imRP1WS.jpg

It works when SGB mode is disabled. Idk, something's probably wrong on gameyob's end.
Drenn what's the version number at now? latest version I have is from before the save game issues started appearing, I stayed on the older version when I saw them popping up and didn't want to lose any of my save games.

Which version are you using, the test build I posted earlier? iirc, I didn't integrate those changes into the latest build yet, because I'm not exactly sure what fixed it...

Reactions: locolol

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It works when SGB mode is disabled. Idk, something's probably wrong on gameyob's end.

Which version are you using, the test build I posted earlier? iirc, I didn't integrate those changes into the latest build yet, because I'm not exactly sure what fixed it...
V.0.5-2-gf0e2

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Drenn,

thanks for your ongoing work on your (s)gb(c) emulator. I have a DWTWO but I'm using the .nds version on my 3DS; is there any advantage using the DSTWO plugin over the .nds version (speed or compatibility-wise)?

I have a feature request. Right now there's just "rompath=" in the .ini file which means you have to mix all your roms in just one folder. Would it be possible to have multiple paths, e.g. rompath=\roms\gb;\roms\gbc

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi Drenn,

thanks for your ongoing work on your (s)gb(c) emulator. I have a DWTWO but I'm using the .nds version on my 3DS; is there any advantage using the DSTWO plugin over the .nds version (speed or compatibility-wise)?

I have a feature request. Right now there's just "rompath=" in the .ini file which means you have to mix all your roms in just one folder. Would it be possible to have multiple paths, e.g. rompath=\roms\gb;\roms\gbc

as far i know they are the same, the plugin is just a txt file and an icon for shortcut

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Desconocido, I assume you're referring to the wario land 3 issue you mentioned on github, the one where you can't climb the vine in the Pool of Rain. Well, I've heard of that problem on other emulators, but I haven't been able to replicate it. Maybe you could share the save file you're using to help me debug it.

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^
Even with Wario Land 3 working I wouldn't say Gameyob is 100% compatible as that would take some really hard work. I was testing the entire library of GB/C games and a lot of them didn't even boot for example - really obscure or shovelware games nobody plays, but still. Gameyob is amazing nonetheless. And if a game doesn't boot on it, it does on Lameboy, so either way you're covered (even if the button mapping is bad on LB).

ureru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried out gameyob for the first time yesterday and was extremely pleased with the entirety of the experience, it did exactly what I wanted it to do and my game (Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors) worked perfectly well...

But when I tried loading the game today, I realized that gameyob seems to have trouble creating save files (.sav). I had the autosave feature on all day yesterday and I came back to find that it had not saved ANY of my progress. So I decide to experiment, because if I can at least manually save my progress (with the X button), I'd be fine with that. I come to find out that this does nothing. I try manually exiting the game, which I think is also supposed to save my progress. This also does nothing.

Gameyob had generated a .sav file but it did not have my data on it: the file was apparently generated before I did anything in the game, and apparently was simply never updated. I even tried loading the save file in VBA - it really does not have my data on it.

I tried both the latest build of gameyob, and the latest stable (.5).

I tried out Lameboy and it does in fact save my game, so I really don't think it's a problem with my micro SD card or my flash cart or something. But Lameboy doesn't seem to have a custom borders feature like Gameyob, and doesn't seem to have as many options for customizing controls, so I really want to use Gameyob! Plus, it's open source, and I like open source things.

Please help me out, I don't know what to do at this point to get gameyob to properly save my data.

EDIT: Some more things that may be worth mentioning. I changed the "Console Output" option to "Debug" and nothing pops up when I press X during gameplay, at all. However when I use the in-game save feature to save my game, a "SAVE 0 sectors" message pops up. Afterward, resetting the game lets me access my save file just fine. It's only when I'm loading the game up for the first time that I have nothing, so I assume it's just some kind of problem with copying the SRAM to my SD card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.