Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't have a lameboy folder..? all I have is gameyob.ini and lameboy.ini in the root of my sdcard
what i mean is when you start up gameyob, if you have your rooms in a lameboy folder, gameyob will directly go there, giving you your gamelist on startup.
when you put your games in a gameyob folder though, it doesnt start you right in your games list :(

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what i mean is when you start up gameyob, if you have your rooms in a lameboy folder, gameyob will directly go there, giving you your gamelist on startup.
when you put your games in a gameyob folder though, it doesnt start you right in your games list :(
If you have a card that runs wood make a text document called associations.ini and input these lines without the quotations and store the file in "sd:/__rpg/associations.ini"

"[gb]
launcher=fat0:/gameyob.nds
show=1
[gbc]
launcher=fat0:/gameyob.nds
show=1
"

You can add any extension with a loader to wood but some things don't work like neods nesds and snemulds. Tuna-vids.nds works but the avi file still needs to be at fat0:/tuna-vids.avi

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer to use wood as my main interface I like having all my games from different consoles in one menu kinda like using emunand Channels/RealNand Channels, GC/Wii games view in UsbLoaderGX

Reactions: Ulieq

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I prefer to use wood as my main interface I like having all my games from different consoles in one menu kinda like using emunand Channels/RealNand Channels, GC/Wii games view in UsbLoaderGX
Yea, kinda makes this feature (associations.ini) was added to AKAIO, or at least the latest version of Wood to run on the Acekard 2i. As for gameyob, I finally got around to using the latest version, and I love it, no problems to report to so far! Perhaps a better bottom screen UI(more polished), but other than that it is perfect.

Autism Gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the wait I was in a pretty bad situation with my parents which cause me not have internet for a month.

I'm now taking border request ask what you what ill make it.
Dangaman.PNG

Attachments

• Dangaman.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 268

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the wait I was in a pretty bad situation with my parents which cause me not have internet for a month.

I'm now taking border request ask what you what ill make it.
View attachment 7287

Can you make me a Pichu and Pikachu boarder styled after the Special Limited Edition Silver Pichu/Pikachu Gameboy Color, I used to own this exact gameboy color as a kid and would love to have a boarder like that.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are good This actually makes it feel like playing a gameboy color again thank you for this. also Drenn there should be a dropbox repository for custom borders

In the first post, there's a link to a zip file with a bunch of borders. If you mean a repository that anyone can upload to, I'm not sure how that would work with dropbox.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the first post, there's a link to a zip file with a bunch of borders. If you mean a repository that anyone can upload to, I'm not sure how that would work with dropbox.
If you were to create a folder on dropbox say called "gameyob boarders" then right-click that folder there is a sharing option that works through dropbox account email addresses then that folder would then be copied to the other users dropbox account so they can add files to it. I wouldn't really suggest trying to make public uploads possible, instead have some dedicated users like me upload to the repo, my suggestion on this topic would be to start a new thread for forum users to upload custom banners to be uploaded to the repo and link the forum post in the op

baegus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there! I've been messing around with LSDj a lot lately and I just noticed that the output from WAVE channel in GameYob (0.5.8) is pretty crunchy compared to Gambatte on PC (I heard it's the most authentic emulator, at least in terms of sound, but I don't have a real GB Classic, so I can't really tell). Pulse channels sound really nice and clean, but I can hear a pretty significant difference in WAVE.

I made a little comparison (using LAM sample from ANIMLZ kit in LSDj).
The first sound you hear is GameYob without screen scaling on, second one is GameYob with scaling and the last one is Gambatte.
Of course, there's some hiss in GameYob recordings generated by using my microphone input, but this is not causing the crunchy sound.

It would be cool if someone with the original Game Boy, USB cart and at least a demo ROM of LSDj could check the difference between this and the real HW. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: