Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GBA mode should be easy to do. My only concern is that people will see it and wonder why their GBA roms don't work! [...]
The GBA has a modified GBC bootstrap in it that sets the lowest bit of one of the registers(B) to 1. Games check that bit to see if they're running on a GBA. They can't access the GBA BIOS or CPU, or anything like that.

[...] Modified source included.

Should definitely think of something else to call it though. "GBA mode" will confuse people.
How about calling the option "Run as if"?

Run as if in a GB
Run as if in a GBC
Run as if in a GBA

Reactions: Boriar

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think there's some good features known from fluBBa emus to implement.
1. some sets of colors for GB games (different for sprites and backgrounds especially green + orange (pc-linker)).
2. switching off border selectable (for example Super Mario Land extends more view)
3. something like bright / contrast

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
http://filesmelt.com/dl/gameyob_rumble.zip

Works with my EZ-Flash 3in1.

EDIT: Oops, line 377 of mmu.cpp is supposed to be:
lastRumble = rumble;

Really ugly and 3in1 specific(were you going for support for others with that "RUMBLE_PAK" stuff? I can't find any info on it), but you should be able to see what I'm doing.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've integrated this, while also making other selectable gameboy modes, so you can play dual-mode games in DMG mode. Also console.cpp should be more readable now.
Really nice to see this cool little feature implemented! I'm having a great time with Oracle of Seasons, and so far things have been as smooth as possible. My .sav game from Lameboy transfered over without a hitch to GameYob, and the button mapping feature has been a BLESSING. I finally can let go of my Lite's really hard to press Start/Select buttons.

A question though: My 3-in-1 rumbles once on every startup. I suppose this is some sort of debug feature. Is there any command I can use to turn it off? Kind of startles me a little when I'm distracted. :P

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've integrated this, while also making other selectable gameboy modes, so you can play dual-mode games in DMG mode. Also console.cpp should be more readable now.
Man, maybe you can add a supergameboy option with gameboy color support, something like VBA used for games with black cartridge: Game screen (gameboy color version) and border (Super Gameboy)...

2lnu2jp.jpg

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, maybe you can add a supergameboy option with gameboy color support, something like VBA used for games with black cartridge: Game screen (gameboy color version) and border (Super Gameboy)...

Yeah ...it's gonna happen

(about custom borders/skins)
I hope to make custom borders possible eventually, though I have no idea whether image limitations will exist. SGB support will come first.

(about custom palettes)
Sure, those on my to-do list.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Really ugly and 3in1 specific(were you going for support for others with that "RUMBLE_PAK" stuff? I can't find any info on it), but you should be able to see what I'm doing.

Confirmed working great with my EZ-Flash 3in1 v2

lemonmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome! The official rumble pack should work without further modifications.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really nice to see this cool little feature implemented! I'm having a great time with Oracle of Seasons, and so far things have been as smooth as possible. My .sav game from Lameboy transfered over without a hitch to GameYob, and the button mapping feature has been a BLESSING. I finally can let go of my Lite's really hard to press Start/Select buttons.

A question though: My 3-in-1 rumbles once on every startup. I suppose this is some sort of debug feature. Is there any command I can use to turn it off? Kind of startles me a little when I'm distracted. :P
Oh, my bad. I'll get rid of that while merging windwakr's rumble code. And @windwakr, consider making a github account to make this process easier in the future :)

Somebody tell me please how to use and how it works this function...
A BIOS location parameter in the .ini would be great since if launched via argv the BIOS doesn't launch.
This is done, along with a 'rompath' parameter. Next time you press "save settings" you'll see that the options are there and they just need to be filled in. For instance:

Code:
[general]
biosfile=/lameboy/gbc_bios.bin
rompath=/lameboy

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer