Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

Lavos2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doubt thats the issue as its the same cheat file on both, and codes/formatting is correct, ive tried to make sure i covered all the bases for checking for inconsistencies as i know thats an easy way to create a problem, literally just copy/pasted the cheat file from my Supercard to my PC then to my Acekard, it still works on the Supercard fine

what i did to make the cheat file, and it worked fine on SUpercard DSTwo at least, was i took an existing BGB cheat file for Pokemon Blue Version and edited the codes/filename to fit the Yellow rom then saved it, and i assume if it works on my DSTwo then its probably not an issue with the cheat file itself, i dont know if its some problem with the interaction with my Acekard but if it is im kinda boned cus the game wont save at all on my DSTwo, so kinda useless playing it on that if i cant save it or use Save States, and cant 100% complete the game without cheats, so i might be in whats called a catch-22 or however its spelled, hope im not but not really holdin out hope

that said, Gameyob is a very nice emulator, runs everything ive played sans Yellow just fine, i havent tried Red/Blue or Gold/Silver/Crystal however

there is one more thing i suppose i can try, but chances are it wont change anything, but may aswell try, itll likely take 20 min or so, but ill get back to you on that

Lavos2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sorry for all the trouble, got it fixed, apparently formatting the SD Card did ACTUALLY work this time, usually doesnt make a difference in my experiences doing it several past times, but i did forget to backup my save, but had just barely started so its fine

again, sorry for the trouble!

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a corrupt save in Dragon warrior monsters 2(both versions) while autosaving is turned on.When I turn it of my save stops corupting,any fix for this?
I am using latest version of gameyob on my r4ds

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
really liking the new border chosing options. the colorization of the game name to indicate a savefile existing is also cool.
wendy-every witch way still stutters whenever you collect a star (it plays a little Yeah! soundbyte thats like the pikachu cry in pokemon yellow which might be the cause)
but the game continues beyond the level where it formally just got stuck ^^
this has easily surpassed lameboy now and I hope it will continue to do so.

personally, I'm just wishing that one day ingame cheatcode support is added.
like, I remember when i was a kid, we had this xploder gb thing that was pretty much an action replay (it might have just been the german name for action replay...) and it had that button on the cheat device and when you pressed it, it showed you the cheat databank where you could select what codes to activate, add or remove codes and use a scan function to make your own codes
it pretty much just checked for values staying identical and values changing so you could play like street fighter, start a battle, do the inital scan, get hit ingame, scan again and repeat that until you figured out what value was responsible for the health bar... that was so cool
(i know gameyob already has some kind of cheat support that I've not really figured out so far though... in case it can already do such things, disregard it)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think that has something to do with how he scales the top screen. if its scaled, bottom screen is turned off because he uses whatever component would usually render the bottom screen to help calculate the scaling for the other screen. so when you activate bottom screen, that scaling process stops, giving you unscaled top screen

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ That's pretty accurate. The gameboy is rendered on the (invisible) bottom screen, a screenshot is taken, and it's scaled on the top screen.
I am getting a corrupt save in Dragon warrior monsters 2(both versions) while autosaving is turned on.When I turn it of my save stops corupting,any fix for this?
I am using latest version of gameyob on my r4ds

Sorry, I can't duplicate this, so I don't know how to fix it...
really liking the new border chosing options. the colorization of the game name to indicate a savefile existing is also cool.
wendy-every witch way still stutters whenever you collect a star (it plays a little Yeah! soundbyte thats like the pikachu cry in pokemon yellow which might be the cause)
but the game continues beyond the level where it formally just got stuck ^^
this has easily surpassed lameboy now and I hope it will continue to do so.

personally, I'm just wishing that one day ingame cheatcode support is added.
like, I remember when i was a kid, we had this xploder gb thing that was pretty much an action replay (it might have just been the german name for action replay...) and it had that button on the cheat device and when you pressed it, it showed you the cheat databank where you could select what codes to activate, add or remove codes and use a scan function to make your own codes
it pretty much just checked for values staying identical and values changing so you could play like street fighter, start a battle, do the inital scan, get hit ingame, scan again and repeat that until you figured out what value was responsible for the health bar... that was so cool
(i know gameyob already has some kind of cheat support that I've not really figured out so far though... in case it can already do such things, disregard it)

A cheat-making system in gameyob would be needless, since pc-based emulators already do it so well. bgb is my favorite.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A cheat-making system in gameyob would be needless, since pc-based emulators already do it so well. bgb is my favorite.

well i guess theres some truth to that. the general idea is that you wouldn't need a pc and also wouldnt need to stop the game, move around sd cards and card readers everytime you want to add a new code.
but it would already be plenty if there was a way to manipulate the code file from inside gameyob to enter new codes on the fly.
maybe for when you run out of things to improve ^^

lps

man with no face
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tagteam.ru
XP
Country
I found strange bug on last stable build of gameyob with Alone in the Dark - the game goes to gameover screen on the firs battle. On another emulators this rom works fine.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Since you've implemented a background browsing menu, would you also be able to implement one for picking the Quit To Launcher file? QTL only shuts down the console for me and I wish I'd be able to launch the firmware instead.

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I found strange bug on last stable build of gameyob with Alone in the Dark - the game goes to gameover screen on the firs battle. On another emulators this rom works fine."

----------------------------------------------------------

The first battle with the bug things down the dirt road?
It's working fine for me, despite a slight graphic glitching.

It's probably the rom.
Try another version of it.

In fact, everyone on here should try a different rom of problem games.
I'm sure Mr. Drenn has better things to do than test / retest every single rom compatibility issue.
Just sayin' ;-)

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great emu!! Finally Final Fantasy Legend III has the music! And Fish Files with the high-color mode visualizes right!

Just a little feature and Gameyob could be even better... green/yellow palette for the GB Mono game?

(I don't think it would be too difficult)

Thanks!

I agree,that palettes like that
wxHvT.gif
game-boy-20th-anniversary-celebration-day-1-then-and-now-20090730003711436.gif

Reactions: Sascha

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since you've implemented a background browsing menu, would you also be able to implement one for picking the Quit To Launcher file? QTL only shuts down the console for me and I wish I'd be able to launch the firmware instead.

This is on my ideas list
After taking a break from making borders I decide I'll make some more. So what kind of borders do you guys want?
Zelda would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Everything is my own opinions.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Liking Windows or not is an opinion. Yes.
    Being able to disable copilot is not an opinion. lol. its a fact that it can be disabled.
    Yet you just laugh about it when I tell you, like Im lying
    People can dislike Windows all they want. But I will call out the over-exaggerations, misconceptions, half truths, and lies about it.
    +2
    Tired of the entire "BUT BUT BUT WINDOWZ SPYWARE!!!" thing too, when the same people give out tons of their personal info to plenty of other companies but say nothing about it.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Companies do the exact same thing with other companies as well, so it's not just Microsoft. There are 3rd-parties like 'data brokers'.
    I'm 52 years old and one of my jobs in life was marketing research. Im well aware. I've been online for around 30 years. Everyone and their grandmother already has my personal information. One more having my email address isn't ruining my life or even effecting me in any way whatsoever.
    +1
    In fact. I freely give info. Stuff like gasoline apps, to save $, grocery apps, lots of cash back from rakuten, etc. etc.
    +1
    $300 back last year from Rakuten for allowing them to track my purchase. I'll take the money for them to know I bought a bunch of stuff for my cat and some video games. lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No matter what you sign up for your info is out there
    +1
    Thats what im saying
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly.
    And for people to say things like "But I use all fake info". No, they don't. lol. They use fake info for all of their banking and online shopping? Fake shipping address, fake payment info? lol
    Fake name, address and payment info for internet service, etc? lol. Ill say it again. Everyone freaks out about OMG WINDOWS!! But crickets on anything else they do.
    Other windows stuff people complain about hypocritically too. Like "But but but Windows bundle junk apps!!!!" Yeah?? So do many Linux distributions. Dont like it? Use one without them. Same with windows. Either find a pre-made version without the bundled stuff, or very easily make your own installer with what you want and do not want.
    +1
  • console @ console:
    I agree with all above! Microsoft made a biggest mess with us and everyone! I wish Microsoft company should be fired then lost it. LOL :rofl2:
    +1
    I dont like the stuff added either. I have zero use for copilot or recall. But I also just simply disable it and move on.
    +2
    Always disabled dumb cortana from day 1 too.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    When you're a billion dollar company even upper management is just peons to the company
    +1
    MS is funny. Insider programs for both Windows and Xbox, where they listen to absolutely none of the insider feedback and just do what the fuck they want. lolol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xbox idea to make midrange consoles saved them this Gen and buying your wife
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The Xbox is dying already. I don't know what to say, Microsoft takes the L for that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How is the Xbox dying?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How is the Xbox dying?