Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, just realized Gameyob hasn't been using version numbers. This might get annoying if people are just using the version they last installed they considered working.
It does...

Edit:
Hmm.. now that you've mentioned it.. I thought it actually did have version number :P
It never caught my eye

D

Deleted User

Hmm, just realized Gameyob hasn't been using version numbers. This might get annoying if people are just using the version they last installed they considered working.
For now you can use a shortened version of the latest git commit ID if you want, 0cca019.
Is it possible to add custom borders to gameyob 3ds?
Yes, you can set a global custom border in the settings, and you can set a per-game custom border by putting the border in the same folder as the ROM, named "(ROM filename here).png".
I added what I could to the compat list as well. My major issue was Pokemon Crystal not syncing to the 3ds clock (which isn't a major issue at all, but still).
GameYob actually doesn't sync to the 3DS clock. It uses the 3DS's clock to properly move the game's clock time relative to where it was set. This is so you can set a game's time to anything you want without being forced to the 3DS clock.

Reactions: HtheB

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
GameYob actually doesn't sync to the 3DS clock. It uses the 3DS's clock to properly move the game's clock time relative to where it was set. This is so you can set a game's time to anything you want without being forced to the 3DS clock.

Ahhh. Is there anything that would cause the clock to go all over the place? I set mine to the current time, and after a few days the in-game clock was about 16 hours ahead.

D

Deleted User

Ahhh. Is there anything that would cause the clock to go all over the place? I set mine to the current time, and after a few days the in-game clock was about 16 hours ahead.
That's definitely a bug, unless you changed your 3DS clock and it fast forwarded along with it. Did it only happen once, or has it happened continuously?

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
For now you can use a shortened version of the latest git commit ID if you want, 0cca019.

Yes, you can set a global custom border in the settings, and you can set a per-game custom border by putting the border in the same folder as the ROM, named "(ROM filename here).png".

Is it possible to keep the same aspect than gameyob ds version even with the scaling "off"? I mean, the screen is bigger in the ds version with scaling off (please take a look at the attached pictures).

Thank you!

Attachments

• DS.JPG
    DS.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 459
  • 3DS.JPG
    3DS.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 381

Jim_e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to keep the same aspect than gameyob ds version even with the scaling "off"? I mean, the screen is bigger in the ds version with scaling off (please take a look at the attached pictures).

Thank you!
That would defy the definition of no scaling. The DS has has a resolution of 256x192, the 3DS has an effective resolution of 400x240. The Gameboy's screen is 160x140, that's just how it looks with no scaling.

If your curious, the 3ds scales up DS games to 240p.

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That would defy the definition of no scaling. The DS has has a resolution of 256x192, the 3DS has an effective resolution of 400x240. The Gameboy's screen is 160x140, that's just how it looks with no scaling.

If your curious, the 3ds scales up DS games to 240p.

So, is it possible to scale gb games to the ds size then?

Jim_e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is it possible to make the Fast Forward feature to be a bit well... faster than it is now? Would be nice to pass through pokemon card animations more quickly and probably some other RPGs too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes