Status
Not open for further replies.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everything that may have a point get thrown the fanboy card?

The two reviews (including this one) was hating so much on the controller contradicting much on other reviews that it seem they were bias towards the controller from the start.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gamespot gave a bad review? jesus, call the media. We've got breaking news here.
Nintendo doesn't seem to like paying gamespot, so they give bad reviews. Pretty simple really, that's how gamespot rolls. I'd like to know what a 10/10 costs.

Skyward Sword is a pretty great game. So this is definitely a very low ass review for it.
They probably got one of their sports guys to review it again. They like doing that for RPGs. Unless you pay 'em to get their ass-kiss reviewer on the game.
"So I was playing this game...what the fucks wrong with it, swords, monsters? Where's the fucking FOOTBALL! 2/10"

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The game would be way more fun if not for the terrible controls. I am sick of pointing 3 feet away from my screen to aim at an enemy on the edge. The very highest I could give this game is an 8.

Careful! You might be mislabeled as a gamer with absolutely no skill with a statement like that. [/sarcasm]

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The game would be way more fun if not for the terrible controls. I am sick of pointing 3 feet away from my screen to aim at an enemy on the edge. The very highest I could give this game is an 8.

Careful! You might be mislabeled as a gamer with absolutely no skill with a statement like that. [/sarcasm]
Haha, nice.

I've had years to perfect my aiming skills with a Wii remote, so I can pinpoint anything. Now I can't actually aim.

D

Deleted User

Haha, nice.

I've had years to perfect my aiming skills with a Wii remote, so I can pinpoint anything. Now I can't actually aim.
How many hours have you been playing ss?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can wait 'till one of your games get a bad review, so I can call the fanboy card like 20 times over.

I guess that uncharted 4/10 score made sense then.
http://n4g.com/news/880938/uncharted-3-and-the-4-10-review-score/com

Anyone that doesn't agree is a fanboy.

You don't have to a fanboy to know this score doesn't seem right.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Haha, nice.

I don't know, maybe ten or eleven.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can wait 'till one of your games get a bad review, so I can call the fanboy card like 20 times over.

http://n4g.com/news/...eview-score/com

lol..you love trashing uncharted, don't you?
It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with a review.
Games get bad review all the time, it's your reaction to the reviews and other member's comment that makes you look like a fanboy.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

http://n4g.com/news/...eview-score/com

Yeah, a few of my favorite games have gotten a bad review. Am I bitching and complaining about it? no, because I don't base my purchases off of someone else's opinion when it comes to video games. Taste in video games can be very subjective at times. This is why I rent the game first to see if *I* like it. After all, the Reviewer isn't going to be playing the game for me, so why would his or her opinion matter to me?

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted User

Haha, nice.

I don't know, maybe ten or eleven.
Now I know you're full of yourself, why play a game with terrible controls for 10 hours, Did you know you can reset calibration with the dpad? Takes less than 1 second

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Now I know you're full of yourself, why play a game with terrible controls for 10 hours, Did you know you can reset calibration with the dpad? Takes less than 1 second
I'm playing it because the only downside is the controls. It's still a good game.

I know I can reset it, but that still doesn't help very much. The biggest problem is, without IR, the game just assumes you are at a certain distance from the TV. Normally the Wii adapts depending on how far you are from the sensor bar, but it can't do that without it. I'm as far as I can get from the TV, but my room isn't big enough to meet the requirements.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I play about 1m from the tv (26') with no problem at all.

Moreover, since it doesn't use IR, you don't even need to point the screen, just be logical in the way you use your hands. At many time, i played while laying down and it's not a problem, if you need to aim higher, just move the wiimote in the correct relative position, it's pretty much like an analog stick in the end.

You can, if you wish, pretend it's more real by aiming at the TV, but it is up to you and not necessary.

D

Deleted User

I'm playing it because the only downside is the controls. It's still a good game.

I know I can reset it, but that still doesn't help very much. The biggest problem is, without IR, the game just assumes you are at a certain distance from the TV. Normally the Wii adapts depending on how far you are from the sensor bar, but it can't do that without it. I'm as far as I can get from the TV, but my room isn't big enough to meet the requirements.

I sit close to my tv, when you're on the main menu, point to what you think the middle of the screen, in your normal hand sitting pose, not what the wii-hand shows. it will auto calibrate distance, at least for me it does.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

Haha, nice.

I've had years to perfect my aiming skills with a Wii remote (and masturbation), so I can pinpoint anything. Now I can't actually aim.
I fixed it for you :D

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why is 7 average? It's higher than 50% of the possible score. It's three points away from a perfect 10. Hell, 7.5 is half a point away from an 8; and people take 8 to be a pretty good score.

I guess peoples' definition of average varies, as does where 'average' lies on a 10-point scale. To me, 5 would be average. It's halfway.
7.5/10 = 75%/100%
In most schools, 75% is considered the average, and 5/10 is considered failing. Just saying...

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Haha, nice.

I've had years to perfect my aiming skills with a Wii remote (and masturbation), so I can pinpoint anything. Now I can't actually aim.
I fixed it for you :D
You know me well. I am a true expert at the "Wii". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock