Status
Not open for further replies.

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, a few of my favorite games have gotten a bad review. Am I bitching and complaining about it? no, because I don't base my purchases off of someone else's opinion when it comes to video games. Taste in video games can be very subjective at times. This is why I rent the game first to see if *I* like it. After all, the Reviewer isn't going to be playing the game for me, so why would his or her opinion matter to me?
Honestly, all you can do is play the fanboy card and then after that all you can come up with is this? You are a joke mate. Nobody here is 'bitching' about this review, we are all just agreeing this is a ridiculous score for a game, just like the given example with Uncharted 3. Then the next thing you say is you don't buy your games off of other peoples opinions, but where do you see the 'fanboys' state that they do? I'm sure they have all bought the game even if there wasn't a single review. We don't care about their opinion at Gamespot, we care about their level of ridiculousness. Their reasoning is flawed, pretty much the same could be said for you.

But I'm probably just a fanboy to you :')

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Yeah, a few of my favorite games have gotten a bad review. Am I bitching and complaining about it? no, because I don't base my purchases off of someone else's opinion when it comes to video games. Taste in video games can be very subjective at times. This is why I rent the game first to see if *I* like it. After all, the Reviewer isn't going to be playing the game for me, so why would his or her opinion matter to me?
Honestly, all you can do is play the fanboy card and then after that all you can come up with is this? You are a joke mate. Nobody here is 'bitching' about this review, we are all just agreeing this is a ridiculous score for a game, just like the given example with Uncharted 3. Then the next thing you say is you don't buy your games off of other peoples opinions, but where do you see the 'fanboys' state that they do? I'm sure they have all bought the game even if there wasn't a single review. We don't care about their opinion at Gamespot, we care about their level of ridiculousness. Their reasoning is flawed, pretty much the same could be said for you.

But I'm probably just a fanboy to you :')

If that's all you have read of what I have posted in this thread, well that's your problem. Only once have I even uttered the word "fanboy" in this thread and that was in response to brandonspikes claiming that anyone having control problems with the game lacks any kind of skill in video games. In my opinion that's even more ridiculous than the review itself,but that's okay because you only read what you want to read, right? And if you actually read the thread, there are plenty of people bitching about the review, even within the first few pages. You also claim that my reasoning is flawed, but you never claim how or what about.

tl;dr: u mad.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Calling someone a fanboy is really the dumbest argument ever because who on earth plays a game he doesn't like?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Just from reading about this game and seeing some vids online, and hearing end user experience... Why the fuck would they use motion control for the pointer instead of the already tried and true reliable method of using the sensor bar for pointing? That is just silly.

"Yeah, we can smoke pot out of a pipe, but instead lets reinvent the flux capacitor and incorporate it with dangerous high voltage so you can inaccurately get a single hit. ...damn I'm stoned now."

Can anyone really say that they are happier with the new pointing method compared to the already well known sensor bar method of pointing? Sounds like a dumb idea for me. I guess I need to try it myself, but general user response is that it is not as user friendly as the traditional way.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nearly everything on the PS3 and the Xbox360 is trash (yes that goes for the Wii too) so whatcha got is some hi res bullshit where you can see the smoke coming off.

Just from reading about this game and seeing some vids online, and hearing end user experience... Why the fuck would they use motion control for the pointer instead of the already tried and true reliable method of using the sensor bar for pointing? That is just silly.

"Yeah, we can smoke pot out of a pipe, but instead lets reinvent the flux capacitor and incorporate it with dangerous high voltage so you can inaccurately get a single hit. ...damn I'm stoned now."

Can anyone really say that they are happier with the new pointing method compared to the already well known sensor bar method of pointing? Sounds like a dumb idea for me. I guess I need to try it myself, but general user response is that it is not as user friendly as the traditional way.
Even though i don't agree it cracked the shit outta me!

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ROTFL, I can't believe they really did it! In one word: pathetic.
http://alturl.com/9t8he

P.S. I'm playing the game and it is maybe the most amazing game I've played in the last 10 years.

I really think they are spot-on with their review!

There are too many 'flaws' in Skyward Sword that fanboys (such as myself) love to overlook...

The controls are not always responding or responding slow.. the lack of options, C-button camera, the 2 hour long intro before u actually start playing, the bomb rolling being forcing u to stand up or use unnatural movements, ... i think these are all mistakes that were better in previous zelda games... Twilight Princess was disappointing because it didn't have much sidequests... WindWaker was disappointing cuz the sidequests were repetitive... Majora's Mask was disappointing because of the lack of dungeons... so isn't it a valid opinion to say that Skward Sword is disappointing for having weak controls? For me, struggling with the controls is really making me enjoy the game a lot less... So yeah... guess we have to wait another 5 years to see if Ocarina Of Time finally gets his match...

So far, my opinion about 3-d zelda's, with SS being the only one i haven't completed 100% yet:

1. OoT - strong points: all weak points: dated graphics,
2. MM - strong poitns: lots of sidequests, emotions, interesting concept weak points: 'only' 3 days, lack of dungeons
3. WW - strong points: real zelda feel, lots of sidequests, weak points: easy and lack of dungeons, repetitive sidequests... sailing becomes tedious
not decided where to place SS yet, either at 4th or 5th place since i haven't completed SS 100% yet
4. SS - strong points: long story, lots to do, awesome graphics weak points: soundtrack not all that, horrible controls, no decent camera adjustment, long intro and lack of options, no day-to-night process
4. TP - strong points: fixed smoother control (gc version, not a fan of the wii version pointing to the screen and all), awesome graphics... weak points: lack of sidequests, too easy, a lot of useless NPC's and even a lot without text....

The MAIN thing about Zelda games is, they are being rushed and pushed for release... They all could be better than Ocarina of Time, if they were given a few more years to develop... But that's not profitable. If MM or WW for example were actually released as how they would be planned, they would be much more awesome. I'm sure the same goes for TP and SS if they were allowed more time... Hell, even Ocarina of Time would have been better if they inplemented the original ideas they had for it...
Dude, it took 6 YEARS to develop the game. How is THAT rushed?
Besides, Loz: SS is sort of an... hit and miss. While the greatly reinvented the series, I really didn't expect that EVERYONE would like. I would have expected to be a so-so.
Although 7,5 is a bit... *gulp (bad for my taste), when I saw the score I said OMG the didn't. I read the review and I said ok I get it. I don't expect the whole gaming population to like this game, or even say that it's perfect, because it's not. And before you ask, I am a Zelda fanboy. I still can't wait to buy this game.

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If that's all you have read of what I have posted in this thread, well that's your problem. Only once have I even uttered the word "fanboy" in this thread and that was in response to brandonspikes claiming that anyone having control problems with the game lacks any kind of skill in video games. In my opinion that's even more ridiculous than the review itself,but that's okay because you only read what you want to read, right? And if you actually read the thread, there are plenty of people bitching about the review, even within the first few pages.You also claim that my reasoning is flawed, but you never claim how or what about.

The 'bitching' on the review is giving it the criticism it deserves, this game is nowhere near a 7.5, fanboy or not. If you can't even see what's flawed about calling someone a fanboy and seeing it as a good argument then I feel sorry for you. Oh and now since I can't be a fanboy I'm mad instead? Right on! Take your 4chan logics and get back to your DDoS'ed site. Just because you can't troll there, means you should be doing it here.

as for your "I only called someone fanboy once" logic (wow, surprisingly good argument here again, I'm astonished):
This just in: Other people have differing opinions of a certain game.
This quote makes it clear you are obviously here to nag on Zelda fans about this score, just as well as you are with you calling the guy a fanboy. You don't need to inform us that people can have different opinions, but if you can't even see that a 7.5 has nothing to do with different opinions and more to do with retarded opinions then you are just a lost case.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Why? Because it means you are restrained to having the sensor bar needed at all positions all the time. You may adjust your posture/position and still have it aim where you want to aim. This is close to what the PS Move does (except they have a camera to track the movement/motion at all times) and Sony did it for a reason.

Honestly, the Gamespot review is doing what intended to do, bring in more site views by giving an unfounded review. The review is sometimes contradictory and there are multiple ways of fighting an enemy (don't know how a reviewer can make that a negative). The reviewer just seemed like he doesn't know how to play the game. He may have some points on other parts of the game (I haven't beat the game yet) but some seem a bit of a stretch to knock down the score that much.

IMO, the main issues I have are with thrusting and how lame the harp is. And I've been using Dolphin rather than my Wii (Dolphin doesn't handle WM+ as well as the Wii). This game is leagues better than TP to me, which I'd say is more deserving of a lower score.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
If that's all you have read of what I have posted in this thread, well that's your problem. Only once have I even uttered the word "fanboy" in this thread and that was in response to brandonspikes claiming that anyone having control problems with the game lacks any kind of skill in video games. In my opinion that's even more ridiculous than the review itself,but that's okay because you only read what you want to read, right? And if you actually read the thread, there are plenty of people bitching about the review, even within the first few pages.You also claim that my reasoning is flawed, but you never claim how or what about.

The 'bitching' on the review is giving it the criticism it deserves, this game is nowhere near a 7.5, fanboy or not. If you can't even see what's flawed about calling someone a fanboy and seeing it as a good argument then I feel sorry for you. Oh and now since I can't be a fanboy I'm mad instead? Right on! Take your 4chan logics and get back to your DDoS'ed site. Just because you can't troll there, means you should be doing it here.

as for your "I only called someone fanboy once" logic (wow, surprisingly good argument here again, I'm astonished):
This just in: Other people have differing opinions of a certain game.
This quote makes it clear you are obviously here to nag on Zelda fans about this score, just as well as you are with you calling the guy a fanboy. You don't need to inform us that people can have different opinions, but if you can't even see that a 7.5 has nothing to do with different opinions and more to do with retarded opinions then you are just a lost case.

Wow, it's like you didn't read anything of what I have said in this thread at all. Neat. I really wish I had your selective reading skills.

You seem to take my statements as a personal attack towards you, when I was only calling one person in particular a fanboy, and rightfully so. I think Genyus doth protest too much. Oh, and nice Ad Hominem, brah. You made me lol for real. Speaking to me about logic and in the same breath you spew forth logical fallacies. You are one interesting Dutch, broski.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S. I'm playing the game and it is maybe the most amazing game I've played in the last 10 years.
Why is it that people say something like this every time a new zelda game gets released?
Apparently, all the zelda games are the best games ever created by man.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why it's necessary for you to bitch about a GameSpot review on GBAtemp.
If you have anything more to gripe about, then why not take it to the source where it might be heard by the person who wrote the review?
It seems to me that 'tempers as a whole are incapable of civilly discussing a great many things.
And Zelda is pretty close to the top of that list.

So I hope you've all made your points by now.
Thread Closed.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU