Gaming GameSpot gives Zelda 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love how the reviewer points negatively out that the game is based on the Zelda formular. What else should it be based on? It's the Zelda gameplay we all expect. If the developers would change it, the world would come to an end for most Zelda fans. Not that this game hasn't changed at all. New controls, new look, new weapons, upgrade system, sky world, ...

Now take a look at Uncharted 2 and 3 ...

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
A Zelda game without the Zelda formula hm........... I think I'd pass on that tyvm. I want Zelda the way it is!
I think they are doing a quite good job with keeping the legend new and fresh, both in gameplay and story.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont know what you people cry about, the game isn't that good.
Xenoblade was way better and Im not only saying story wise.
Xenoblade was epic, but for Zelda, well the controls are fun, more fun than for Xenoblade as you have more control over it, but the Graphics, the Story, the Music, the Dialogs, the "Everything" is weaker than Xenoblade.

I don't even mean the Artistic comic style, its nice for Zelda, but they could do so much better...

D

Deleted User

Xenoblade was epic, but for Zelda, well the controls are fun, more fun than for Xenoblade as you have more control over it, but the Graphics, the Story, the Music, the Dialogs, the "Everything" is weaker than Xenoblade.

I don't even mean the Artistic comic style, its nice for Zelda, but they could do so much better...
Bullfucking shit, Xenoblades looks like ass compared to Zelda..

Reactions: 2 people

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
7.5 Sounds about right to me. Finally they've come to their senses when handing out score. anything > 5 should be worth playing.

The game is graphically not as gorgeous as it could've been on PC. The lack of voice acting does indeed affect how the story is being told.
The gameplay has some issues with the controls, but that doesn't mean I love the new sword slashing thing tho. I think the controls are great but sometimes, Link just doesn't do what I'm trying to do. You'll notice the buggy controls when using the hand net.
Puzzles and dungeon layout are great and you feel great when solving some of the puzzles. But saying the game is flawless is bullshit.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you dint play the game as simple as that

this is not new to i was expecting this from gamespot after all the good reviews the game got

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
7.5 Sounds about right to me. Finally they've come to their senses when handing out score. anything > 5 should be worth playing.

The game is graphically not as gorgeous as it could've been on PC. The lack of voice acting does indeed affect how the story is being told.
The gameplay has some issues with the controls, but that doesn't mean I love the new sword slashing thing tho. I think the controls are great but sometimes, Link just doesn't do what I'm trying to do. You'll notice the buggy controls when using the hand net.
Puzzles and dungeon layout are great and you feel great when solving some of the puzzles. But saying the game is flawless is bullshit.

Maybe they shoudl be more consistent and rate down the yearly trash shooters like mw3 as well. But no always pick 1 title to make a point then continue to give high ratings to boring crap.
Gamer reviewers are the most immature people out there, 0 professionalism to be expected from these corporate beggars. They thrive on expensive trips to unveilings paid for by big publishers and gift baskets they get in exchange for high ratings.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

this is not new to i was expecting this from gamespot after all the good reviews the game got

whats that for a childish reaction? Im playing it at moment, around 15 hours till now... maybe you didn't play xenoblade

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

whats that for a childish reaction? Im playing it at moment, around 15 hours till now... maybe you didn't play xenoblade
xenoblade who tlakiang about that ?

D

Deleted User

Wait, You're comparing a Wii Title to A PC game? Wii's tech is over 8 years old.

There's never been voice acting is a Zelda game.. I'm guessing that means all of the Zelda Stories are horrible?

Don't blame your lack of skill to bad controls, I've played over 20 hours and not once have I had a de-sync problem, or an unresponsive command.

Lastly, when you attempt to troll, make it seem like your IQ is passing the 50 mark.

Reactions: 3 people

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol comparing this with Xanoblae.. Xenoblade was shit
you just called the best JRPG of this generation a shit :wtf:
but hey, everyone is entitled to his own opinion

btw... my opinion is that your opinion was shit ;)

on topic: like I've said before... if people complain about the motion controls on skyward sword, thats because he/she sucks at videogames. This game is amazing, I've never played something like this before, and that is thanks to motion controls. Fron now on, this is how I like to play action games. :yaywii:

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Bullfucking shit, Xenoblades looks like ass compared to Zelda..
Agreed, I like Xenoblade and can't wait for Zelda on Sunday, but Xenoblade has good graphics for the landscapes and ABSOLUTELY SHITTY GRAHPHICS FOR THE PEOPLE! I think this score is low on the basis that Zelda is one of Nintendo's main franchises so they spend the time to polish the game before release. Most, if not all, of Nintendo's main franchise games have stunning visuals and solid gameplay. At worst, I'd see any main game from Nintendo getting an 8, since Nintendo actually cares about their main franchises...after all, they push out 3rd party shit almost everyday.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love how the reviewer points negatively out that the game is based on the Zelda formular. What else should it be based on? It's the Zelda gameplay we all expect. If the developers would change it, the world would come to an end for most Zelda fans. Not that this game hasn't changed at all. New controls, new look, new weapons, upgrade system, sky world, ...

Now take a look at Uncharted 2 and 3 ...
Exactly and i'll take any 3d Zelda over any Uncharted.

Reactions: 1 person

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fanboys all over the place!
you guys should really play Xenoblade before talking crap, also i never said that Zelda is bad, I just said that Xenoblade is, in my Opinion, clearly more epic and deep. Some Flaws in Xenoblade are the low res. textures for example, but we should also not forget that its an open field.

I think you must agree that the Story in Zelda is not very moving and beside of the new Controls, there is nothing special in this Game. I think that Zelda TP is better, not because of the Visuals, but because of the Gameplay and Story. Skyward Sword got more a Hack and Slash with a lot of Quests and some side Quests. Its not bad in anyway, just not that good

Give Xenoblade a Chance, the Story is really good and with many turning points, the Gameplay is fast, the World is huge with a lot of surprises, the Level and Enemy Design rich in variety and the music just Epic.

D

Deleted User

on topic: like I've said before... if people complain about the motion controls on skyward sword, thats because he/she sucks at videogames. This game is amazing, I've never played something like this before, and that is thanks to motion controls. Fron now on, this is how I like to play action games. :yaywii:
Best Jrpg of this generation?
Radiant Historia is better than Xeno IMO.

you guys should really play Xenoblade before talking crap, also i never said that Zelda is bad, I just said that Xenoblade is, in my Opinion, clearly more epic and deep. Some Flaws in Xenoblade are the low res. textures for example, but we should also not forget that its an open field.

I think you must agree that the Story in Zelda is not very moving and beside of the new Controls, there is nothing special in this Game. I think that Zelda TP is better, not because of the Visuals, but because of the Gameplay and Story. Skyward Sword got more a Hack and Slash with a lot of Quests and some side Quests. Its not bad in anyway, just not that good

Give Xenoblade a Chance, the Story is really good and with many turning points, the Gameplay is fast, the World is huge with a lot of surprises, the Level and Enemy Design rich in variety and the music just Epic.
TP on wii had horrible controles compared to gamecube, the waggle was annoying.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Best Jrpg of this generation?
Radiant Historia is better than Xeno IMO.

TP on wii had horrible controles compared to gamecube, the waggle was annoying.

I played it on my GC.

Reactions: 1 person

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
let me tell you about xenoblade it is boring the battle system is god awful 1 of the worst i have seen in a rpg in ages and has a shitty lock on and with no items it reeks of failure what fucking rpg has no items even ff has items a rpg is not an rpg without items!! sure the world is huge but there's nothing in it just more generic battles! the towns are huge but again their empty of life!! only thing zb has good going for it is the music. it is pretty much a fucking MMO where all you do is quest and grind just like the over 9000 shitty mmos out there on the pc now the only thing missing is a fucking item mall that begs you to buy shitty items with real $ to make yourself stronger :P i played it for a day than i couldn't stand it anymore and wiped it from my hdd 4ever. fucking rune factory is a better rpg than xenoblade even!

*snip

--- end of line ---

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameSpot gives Zelda 7.5 ? Its just an opinion. Maybe its not for them anyway. I enjoyed all Zelda games and no rates at all. Silly rates from any companies, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in