Games you unintentionally played wrongly

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only game I can think of that I played wrongly is Kal Online. This was my first MMO, and the only previous RPG experience I had was with Morrowind. Whenever I get stuck in Morrowind's geometry I can usually drop enough stuff to allow my character to become agile enough to get unstuck by spamming the jump button. I got stuck in Kal, so I tried this. Not only did it not have an encumbrance system, but it didn't even have a jump button. All the items I dropped spawned out of my reach, and I lost all my gear because of passersby just taking them since I was stuck. I was only able to get unstuck by typing the /suicide command and respawning.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just now, Persona PSP.. Ended after Kandori down because of, i guess picking wrong dialogue lines. No New Game + so i left it at that. Too many games in the waiting and could not find a save file around there allowing for the following, so yeah..

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there's many games I've played wrongly without knowing it. But I don't remember them all.

One notable example is Kirby games that feature blocking, such as Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Return to Dream Land. I never use the block move at ALL, which makes it challenging. partly it was because I didn't know it was useful, and mostly it's because I just forgot to use it. I still forget to use it most of the time... and when I remember, it's no fun because the game becomes too easy.

Another one I'm certain I play wrong is Kid Icarus: Uprising... it's been out almost a year (I got it launch day), and I still haven't beaten more than 3 levels on the highest intensity... then again, maybe that's just because I suck. :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Tomb Raider. Instead of staring at Lara's boobs the entire game, I actually played it correctly. :yay: And I also used the bow 99% of the game unless I absolutely had to use something else (for example, using the shotgun to blow open an area or something). It made the game a bit difficult when there were tons of enemies, but explosive/napalm arrows took care of that.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=iEFwQrZgTr004u5g