Games which actually let you f*ck up

MurraySkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The beginning of the game, where you can refuse to even start the quest; entering space and refusing to put on a (fish bowl!) helmet; agreeing to become brainwashed slaves at the end of the game.
Those are the three I remember right now.
Repeatedly refusing to look for Luvbi at Jaydes' request.

Also wanted to mention Zack & Wiki, especially the airship, where you can get stuck, unable to get past the guards, yet the Hint Oracle doesn't say that thou has made a grave mistake.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever play dirty harry on nes? :creep:

upload_2020-4-27_1-22-11.png

upload_2020-4-27_1-22-53.png

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
mite have just been me being lame/drunk at the time, but in Chocobo dungeon on the PS1, you could miss an item in an early dungeon that made the game almost impossible to play. I remember my friend getting the item and flying through the game whilst i couldnt get anywhere without it as it prevented you from losing exp when you died, or something. fk that game.

nani17

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
What about Xcom 2 ironman mode. If your character dies you can't reload a save so the character is lost forever.

Krispyboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2 if you can count them
In both games after some story events happen (I won't spoil them) some areas get completely locked off and inaccessible for nearly the rest of the game. So if you were to miss out on collecting some items or forgot to do a sidequest, you can't do that now.

If you could count that as "allowing you to f**k up"

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might be getting the details wrong because it's been a long time, but I think were was a sort-of stuck point in The 7th Guest. When you're stuck on a puzzle, you can check a hint book in the library, and if you check it 3 times, it'll auto-solve the puzzle for you. There's some kind of limitation that I forget, like you can only auto-solve a certain number of times, or you need to legitimately solve a certain number of puzzles. But if you reach that limit before solving the "Microscope" puzzle then you may very well be screwed, because the A.I. opponent is nearly impossible to beat. In fact, at the time of the game's release, the lead designer had never been able to beat it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la