Games that legitimately made you cry

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time a game has made me cry is when it's a game I've been waiting for for a long time, been very hyped for, and it turns out to be utter crap.

It's not that stories can't make me cry, movies and TV have done it, but I can't recall a game's story ever doing it.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only time a game has made me cry is when it's a game I've been waiting for for a long time, been very hyped for, and it turns out to be utter crap.

It's not that stories can't make me cry, movies and TV have done it, but I can't recall a game's story ever doing it.

Afair some eroge had me quite close, than again i'm also quite sure i'm more likely to get depressed or angry rather than cry so i can't be sure.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Persona 4. You just get so attached to the characters. Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time got me to cry as well. Professor Layton and the Unwound Future's ending made me cry twice at the end.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Half-Life 3, for not knowing if it's dead or alive.

Jokes aside, the true ending of Zero Escape: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors almost choked me up.

You kidding? I got choked up when
Clover turned out to be an enraged ax murderer, and Junpei dies seconds after realizing his girlfriend was killed. The ax ending fucking made me really scared and really sad at the same time.

Reactions: VinsCool

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The endings to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, all of them, but Explorers of Sky, Darkness, and Time takes the cake.

I cried for a 20 minutes after this, it didn't help that I named my main after myself and the partner after my boyfriend.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think I ever literally cried over a game, but there are some moments it got close:

The end of Braid
Even with all those hints and the time mechanic, I simply did not see it coming. I sort of assumed there never was a girlfriend or something. The fact that you HAVE to keep that rewind-button pressed to advance plays greatly into the involvement

The mind worm in Limbo
I sort of assumed it was the end of the game, but even when you're SO CLOSE, you are forced to turn back

Yes, the axe ending. Though the real ending also got to me in a big way

Reactions: VinsCool

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmmmm two I've played recently that made me bawl uncontrollably where Umineko and Muv-luv Alternative. Both masterpieces too IMO.
There are a few others but most have already been mentioned.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only once did I see a ending that made me cry and that was for the Mass Effect 3 ending, cause it was just so horrible.. JUST KIDDING!!!

But for realsies

Both the endings for Lunar Silver star story, and the 1st and 2nd endings for Lunar Eternal Blue complete are the only games that ever made me cry. Both games were just so well done story wise, I would go into details but I don't know how to do those lil spoiler hider thingy's.

A close second would be FF7 when Aeris died, though more so after my first time playing as with most rpg's I asumed she would come back to life or something at some point lol.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valkyria Chronicles was the first to really get me. I cried like a little girl at one point and I just flat out saved, got up and went to bed to cry myself to sleep.
Then some more several times after that.

Especially when Welkin and Alicia's daughter is shown and is called Isara. I crai every tiem.

Crisis Core definitely got me at the end. I didn't cry because I was at a friends house with a bunch of people there (was just during lunch on a school day), but dem feels. It took a lot of self control not to.
The only FF game I can say I legitimately loved the story.

I'm sure there's more... a lot of visual novels got me, if those count.
Wanko to Kurasou has a soul crushing final chapter to it. It just takes your feels and beats the shit out of them with a spiked baseball bat.

Clannad got me, though not as bad as the anime did.

Ever 17. Oh god. Takeshi's routes are so freakin' sad. The Sora arc got to me the most.

Family Project was another "beat the shit out of my feels" VN. It's still my favorite of all time. Absolutely fantastic. I wish it was translated a bit better but meh. It conveyed the message well enough. Just top notch 10/10. Chunhua's ending had me sobbing.

Katawa Shoujo got me a few times on a couple arcs. Amazing VN. Dem feels.

Crescendo got me at the end, or near it (been a while).

That's all I can remember (just staring up at my VN collection to see what made me crai).

Reactions: Black-Ice

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon got me really close to tears. That game actually hurt and had some really gripping dialogue. What sucks is that it's like, what the fuck, it's a Pokemon game, why am I feeling like this? I never thought I would be so attached to that Turtwig that was following me around... -_- I was really blown away by the title, was actually one of the more fun DS games trying to romp through everything.

Joderb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ending of Assassin's Creed IV, Joel's daughter in The Last of Us, and Isara in Valkyria Chronicles were all very note worthy for me for the feels, but for me, the prize goes to Metal Gear Solid IV for the part near the end with Solid Snake and the microwave corridor. That part really got to me.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The endings to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, all of them, but Explorers of Sky, Darkness, and Time takes the cake.

I cried for a 20 minutes after this, it didn't help that I named my main after myself and the partner after my boyfriend.

This almost got me to cry, the music that plays alongside the dialogue of the 2 pokemons makes the situation even more sad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*