Games stop working for no reason on SCLite

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by JimmyJangles, Dec 28, 2007.

Dec 28, 2007
  1. JimmyJangles

Newcomer JimmyJangles Advanced Member

Oct 8, 2006
    United States
    Lately I've been having some problems with a couple of my games. They've been working fine for months, then for no reason just decide to stop working, or at least start giving me problems.

For example, I got Ouendan 2 the day it was available, patched it with whatever the latest patcher was at the time, and it worked perfectly for the entire game. But now after a couple of months without playing it I decided to play it again, and even though it starts up fine, it always freezes at the start of any song. I haven't changed a thing since the last time it worked, no firmware updates, no repatching, nothing.

A couple of other games have similar problems. Sometimes they won't start, parts that used to work fine no longer do, or just random graphics/audio corruption that wasn't there before. I'm used to these things happening when I first patch a game, and repatching with different settings usually fixes it. I'm sure I could do the same thing now and everything will be fine, but I still wonder why it's happening.

So is this a common problem that games just randomly start getting corrupted? maybe the way the Supercard uses the rom files or accesses the memory card or something? Or is this just a sign that my SCLite has had enough and it's time to look for a replacement?