Gamers Suing Rockstar Over GTA Online Experience

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it bothers them that much, allow them to return their game for a refund.
That's all I have to say about that.

No way, getting a refund for a game is against the "copyright laws" at least according to idiots who know nothing about copyright laws working at the retail stores.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No way, getting a refund for a game is against the "copyright laws" at least according to idiots who know nothing about copyright laws working at the retail stores.

Getting a refund on a game is like getting a refund on a movie... Buy it, beat it (watch it), return it.
Not sure what you're exactly talking about, but it's very obvious why games are not refundable.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, Rockstar's online server for GTA V wasn't ready. Now you've got these dipshits complaining that they couldn't get on the internet on day one and suing Rockstar about it. Obviously they didn't take the "Grand Theft Auto's online server was shut down by too many people logging on at the same time." phrase to heart. They thought Rockstar was joking.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Refer to Gahars signature for anything and everything that I have to say about this.

8MZC3Mt.png

Why does everything look better with googly eyes?

Reactions: Gahars

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country

Getting a refund on a game is like getting a refund on a movie... Buy it, beat it (watch it), return it.
Not sure what you're exactly talking about, but it's very obvious why games are not refundable.

However, the game not working as advertised, puts it in breach of the trades descriptions act, meaning by law they HAVE to be offered a refund.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, the game not working as advertised, puts it in breach of the trades descriptions act, meaning by law they HAVE to be offered a refund.
as much advertising the game got, rockstart themselves reported that the online features will be available some time after the release.

its like saying we can sue nintendo for opening the dreamworld after black & white was released, or sueing nintendo because i cant use my old pokemons on x & y because the poke bank isnt ready yet.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i am going to sue Capcom for making me pay for DLC thats ON THE DISK...
come on how much of attention whores can people be.

but really making people me pay for something that come on the disk, Capcom=greedy bastards that make excellent games

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i am going to sue Capcom for making me pay for DLC thats ON THE DISK...
come on how much of attention whores can people be.

but really making people me pay for something that come on the disk, Capcom=greedy bastards that make excellent games

I am still not seeing the big issue with disc locked content. Especially as MS offer a similar feature with windows and get praised for it.

Reactions: NEP

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still not seeing the big issue with disc locked content. Especially as MS offer a similar feature with windows and get praised for it.

You're weird. All game developers release disc locked content on their games; it's how they can charge you $60 a game. Now at that kind of price, you'd expect them not to need additional content since you're already paying a shit ton of money just for the regular DLC. The only place where it'd be cool to have additional content would be on games like Call of Duty or Guitar Hero. Any other games that aren't like that don't need it. So now it's become traditional to release expansion packs for PC games because it's like everyone playing a game on the PSN. Besides, it's easier to make expansion packs than make a new game anyway.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats just it. sure it suck and Capcom is being greedy but who cares anymore. they have done it before, they will probably do it again and most likely not be the last company to do so

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock