Homebrew Gamecube Online Coop?

Doper1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was wondering if there is something similar to the Dolphin Emulator's Netplay for Homebrew on the Wii. I want to play coop games with my brother who lives in a different country. The game we most want to play is Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No chance of playing split screen GC commercial games via Wii homebrew, for some of the older emulators on it like those of the 16 bit era and older you could do it in theory but I am not sure if people have coded it into their ports to the Wii.

Those handful of gamecube games with LAN multiplayer ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_GameCube_Broadband_Adapter_and_Modem_Adapter ) might be able to get something done if you go for a fairly long winded method, however I am not sure it mios ever did or had hacks to allow it to speak to the Wii networking and if not you are better off getting a couple of gamecubes or running it on a computer with an emulator. For the GC it will need a LAN adapter and that should just be a matter of buying some. Anyway said LAN multiplayer was able to be pumped over the a VPN (xlink kai being the one that most guides will refer to but realistically any VPN should do) and thus you can play local LAN games over the internet.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • WiiMiiSwitch @ WiiMiiSwitch:
    google sucks
  • JavaScribe @ JavaScribe:
    "23th"?
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    awesome a shoutbox
  • Flame @ Flame:
    shoutbox is dead
  • Flame @ Flame:
    long live chit-chat
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    spam incoming
  • Flame @ Flame:
    @Ishzark we had a real shoutbox before in old temp. old fashion one. only like 6 people used it.
  • Flame @ Flame:
    but it was kinda hidden, and on the side
  • Maq47 @ Maq47:
    Hey, can I get a trophy for winning the last giveaway? I would like to show off. :)
  • JavaScribe @ JavaScribe:
    oh so this does have persistent message history... it's just so new it had no messages when I logged on. huh
  • Scott_pilgrim @ Scott_pilgrim:
    rip shoutbox
    you were like a mini-community within temp
    at least now chat doesnt move like a snail
  • Thesolcity @ Thesolcity:
    RIP shoutbox
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    Welcome to chit chat just likes eating KitKat 🍫
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    RIP
  • Flame @ Flame:
    shoutbox 4lyfe
  • AsPika2219 @ AsPika2219:
    Waiting for Super Mario movie 2022 with Chris Pratt as MARIO, Anya Taylor-Joy as PEACH, Charlie Day as LUIGI, Keegan-Michael Key as TOAD, Seth Rogan as DONKEY KONG and Jack Black as villain BOWSER.
  • lemonmaster @ lemonmaster:
    super m ario
    why is key toad
    key when mario enters the wrong castle: GET OUT
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    The cast is wild
  • Flame @ Flame:
    because
    toad is key
    Flame @ Flame: because toad is key