Hacking Gamecube MultiGame ISO Creator

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zenith94
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 11,332
  • Replies Replies 26

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Messages
825
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
Age
32
Website
youtube.com
XP
356
Country
United States
i used this program to compile four games:

luigi's mansion (ntsc)
pikmin (ntsc)
pokemon xd (ntsc)
sonic heroes (ntsc)

when i load the iso's i select to shrink luigi and pikmin and change region to USA. then click create multigame iso, name it, and the output file i get is a .iso file. I loaded it into cubeway+ and it said the region was europe (pal). i used cubbed+ to them check the compressed iso's and they were all ntsc.

i have a ntsc wii and when i burned the multigame iso the gamecube backup launcher was in black and white and all the games were in black and white.
 
i know everyone is trying to get there own wii problems resolved, but could someone please respond? it will only take a second i think there is an easy solution...
 
RecklessReaperr said:
kedest said:
Are you running hardmod or softmod?

softmod through gamecube backup launcher. all single game iso's work.

Well since my Wii is hardmodded, I don't know much about softmods.
But when selecting the game, do you see the real GCOS menu or does the softmod display its own menu?
 
kedest said:
RecklessReaperr said:
kedest said:
Are you running hardmod or softmod?

softmod through gamecube backup launcher. all single game iso's work.


Well since my Wii is hardmodded, I don't know much about softmods.
But when selecting the game, do you see the real GCOS menu or does the softmod display its own menu?

well, the gamecube backup launcher shows up regularly, the disc starts to spin, then the screen turns black and white, the game text shows up, and the screen keeps shaking up and down. i can just make out the text and I can change the game put when i load it its in black and white and i don't want that.

i think its just because the multigame creater is giving me a pal iso and it doesnt work on my ntsc wii.

Posts merged

QUOTE(fryguy @ Apr 18 2009, 05:43 PM)
That's usually solved by using an RGB scart-cable.

the regular single games work in color i think its because the multigame creator is giving me a pal iso instead of ntsc.
 
Yeah probably a PAL game. The same thing happened for me when using a NTSC game on an old crappy (PAL) TV.
 
You probably made a PAL iso by accident. I think the GUI switches it to PAL by default anyway.
 
NO, the oringial iso's were all ntsc and i switched to ntsc when making the multigame each time.

but the output multigame iso is always pal...
 
You've tried it more than once? Try downloading the program again. It works for me all the time with games mixed from different regions.
 
Knocks said:
You've tried it more than once? Try downloading the program again. It works for me all the time with games mixed from different regions.

which version are you using? iam using 3.4.4.0 don't ask where i found it because i don't remember
 
i have tried every version and every combination of games (2, 3, shrunk, shrunken) and its always pal. this is really annoying now.
 
delt31 said:
TC - I have the SAME issue. let me know if you figure this out.


I had the same problem on my ntsc wii, made a multi iso and when i loaded it on backup launcher 2.0 screen went black and white, try going down to backup launcher .1XI that one worked with my multi iso, Im just waiting to see if wiigator will release another update hopefully fixing this problem
 
bladepwnedyou said:
delt31 said:
TC - I have the SAME issue. let me know if you figure this out.


I had the same problem on my ntsc wii, made a multi iso and when i loaded it on backup launcher 2.0 screen went black and white, try going down to backup launcher .1XI that one worked with my multi iso, Im just waiting to see if wiigator will release another update hopefully fixing this problem

thanks - I tried that and it did work. However .2 has better compatibility so I would hope something can be done. I feel like it's an easy fix but no one seems to have found it.
 
Found the solution!

Burn ONE (U) gamecube iso and insert it into the wii - let the backuploader find it then once it registers the game, take it out and replace it with your multi ISO disk. This puts the launcher into NTSC mode and it will work.

Now I'm still trying to figure out if I need to get up each time and manually turn off the wii to play another game or if I can switch it on the fly. My wii controller doesn't even respond when I try to turn off the wii!
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted