gameboy(first gen) broken need help

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok a few years back my little sister jumped on my gameboy.and she knocked somethign loose in it:(and now it wont power on.i want to take i[t apart but i dont got the special screwdriver.any way to do it without one?

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its got some weird sorta Y looking screw..i just want to take it apart to see if i can do something.it sounds like a piece just got loose inside the system.i mean i got a gameboy pocket but i want to fix my orginal one....

D

Deleted User

If the screws are Y-shaped just get a tri-wing screwdriver (Arctic already posted a link) and see what you can do. Although I was pretty sure it used those screws you'd need a game-bit for--at least the battery-pack did. Then again, if the screws are the same that your GB Pocket uses, it's tri-wing.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Joktan said:
Takeshi said:
Although I was pretty sure it used those screws you'd need a game-bit for--at least the battery-pack did.

what do you mean? i am not understanding what you mean.

Triwing screws look like this
install7.jpg

They are a rather new system used from the mid 90s onwards

Gamebits look like this
gamebit500.jpg

These are an older system that you see used on GB cartridges. Takeshi was expecting to find this on an original GameBoy

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
They're pretty cheap and it's best to buy one, but you could try an old trick of melting the end of a pen and sticking it in the screw. Once it's cooled you'll have a plastic screw driver in the right shape. Not ideal, but you might get it to work if you're lucky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock