Gaming game drought

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After finishing Hotel Dusk and the Phoenix wright series i am now playing orcs and elves and Geometry wars.
yaynds.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're an FF fan, you should try out FFIV (J) with the English menu patch. The remake is awesome, and with the patch it's completely playable.

usmagen

OP
Trophies
Website
usmagen.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If you're an FF fan, you should try out FFIV (J) with the English menu patch. The remake is awesome, and with the patch it's completely playable.

yeah, i have it too with the patch. but its been years since i played it on a snes emu, im afraid that i cant get along with the story
frown.gif

but im keeping my fingers crossed for (U) release, it totally rocks!

D

Deleted User

Well, to pass the time I play Phoenix Wright! Waiting for Apollo Justice to come out >_>

The patch for FF4 is great and all but I wouldn't say it's playable to those who don't want to use a walkthrough and want to complete the game on their own (who don't have Japanese understanding) as the story isn't translated, but if you have a bit of Japanese knowledge I guess it's playable.

And I really want Advance Wars...

P

pasc

Flight Sims: Top Gun, Air DS (Japan only for now).

other good games worth checking out: FF:RW, Eragon, Megaman Starforce Series, Tales of Innocence (even if Japan only, easily playable without any guide most of the time cause it is straight forward), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Same as ToI except a USA Release will soon come out)

usmagen

OP
Trophies
Website
usmagen.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Flight Sims: Top Gun, Air DS (Japan only for now).

other good games worth checking out: FF:RW, Eragon, Megaman Starforce Series, Tales of Innocence (even if Japan only, easily playable without any guide most of the time cause it is straight forward), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Same as ToI except a USA Release will soon come out)

well at least advance wars is released now, and teh anticipation was high for teh game. got my hands on freedom wings now. i saw some screens for ds air and from the way it looks it might be a good one, so will wait for it as well.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh yes, hotel dusk is great, one of the best releases IMO. is there any flight sim for the ds, like the one ive seen but it is for the psp. so far ive only seen starfox. is there any other?
time ace. once you beat it two weeks after you buy it, you never ttouch it again, but those would've been a good two weeks.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ I second that with Time Ace. I found it at $15 used and traded for it free, got it completely cleared in a few hours or so, same with Cooking Mama for the same and swapped them out for a good value in credit and/or cash.

I dunno if you tried out Call of Duty 4 on DS but that's some serious shit right there, and the whole a/v package is above and beyond standard and not so standard 3D for the system...it's really engrossing.

I'd also suggest though it's a love/hate/acquired taste(?) Electroplankton, also Elite Beat Agents.

I saw Hotel Dusk brought up, but not its older brother Trace Memory which is fantastic.

True Swing Golf has a really nice swing mechanic and a lot of courses and gear to unlock and it's a cheapo now if you're a buyer like myself.

And while it's GBA butt ugly Lionel Trains On Track is a damn fun Railroad Tycoon 'Lite' on the go.

usmagen

OP
Trophies
Website
usmagen.deviantart.com
XP
Country
^^ I second that with Time Ace. I found it at $15 used and traded for it free, got it completely cleared in a few hours or so, same with Cooking Mama for the same and swapped them out for a good value in credit and/or cash.

I dunno if you tried out Call of Duty 4 on DS but that's some serious shit right there, and the whole a/v package is above and beyond standard and not so standard 3D for the system...it's really engrossing.

I'd also suggest though it's a love/hate/acquired taste(?) Electroplankton, also Elite Beat Agents.

I saw Hotel Dusk brought up, but not its older brother Trace Memory which is fantastic.

True Swing Golf has a really nice swing mechanic and a lot of courses and gear to unlock and it's a cheapo now if you're a buyer like myself.

And while it's GBA butt ugly Lionel Trains On Track is a damn fun Railroad Tycoon 'Lite' on the go.

oh ye, those games do rock. COD4 is exceptionally good, i was amazed by its graphics the moment i started playing it. wasnt able to finish it though coz my microsd got screwed, but will continue it now. will also give time ace a go.

^indeed, good things come to those who wait. *ffiv (U) release*
yaynds.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
to kill time i got a PSP, my poor DS lite is still in my cubbard for a good while now, the next good game won't come out for a while :S occasionally i play FF renvant wings and thats about it.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go back to Metacritic, and check their overall ranking of all DS games... here:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/

Start at the top (LoZ:PH) and work your way down. There are a handful of games that I just simply missed for whatever reason, that are not perfect, but fun to play, the biggest example of this is a little puzzle game called Trioncube. But yeah, Metacritic does an aggregate of all reviews for a game, and thus, it's a pretty accurate view of what critics say overall about a particular game, dig down as far as you can, you might see some gems that people miss!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...