Some I skip, although I can read very quickly, so sometimes I speed-read. If the dialogue is slightly boring or for some reason I have to repeat a section, then I get through it as fast as possible.
Depends on the game. Most JRPGs I just mash my way through cutscenes. They seem rather generic in story and way too dialogue heavy. If a game is interesting enough, like Metal Gear Solid, I'll watch every cutscene. Like right now I'm playing Red Steel 2 and not skipping a single scene.
Usually, I just speed through to to get an idea of what there is to say that may be helpful for the game, but if the storyline is interesting, like in Mario and Luigi bowser's inside story, I read it normally
But I never skip the whole text
I usually read all of it, I read fast so I press the speedup button but I still take it all in. Except ones like puzzle games where they chuck in a plot just for the hell of it, in those cases I'll probably skim it.
I usually read it, but i mash the A button because the text doesn't scroll as fast as it should sometimes.
When i really don't feel like reading i just skip.
I agree. Most games send it out at too slow a speed. Just gets old when after five hours of playing, you spent over two just reading the slow moving text (thinking more along the lines of text heavy games mind ya).
I'm just glad when I can: A) Speed it up with option menus, and B) Hold/Press buttons to speed-up the text display. Get's old when you want to skip past something you just did as well (battery runs low/out, you die in game and re-load, ect.).
it really depends on the game... if it is an rpg then i would read the story, because that's basically the point of an rpg.. you play the role/story of the main character(s)..
on the other hand, if the game is a puzzle(puyo pop)/versus type(tekken) game then i would just get on with the fighting/puzzles and skip the story of possible.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, XBOX has launched pre-orders for the XBOX 25th Anniversary Collection. For the occasion, the trailer below was aired.
This...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...