OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have Pal Wii (modded with some pretty old modchip - I don't even remember what the chip is).. Updated it using Waninkoko updater from 3.2E to 4.0E (Wii settings show 4.0E as a version so update installed fine).

The problem is that many games that came before 4.0 (Pikmin 2, Klonoa) that came out before 4.0 still want to install update and show appropriate icon as a channel icon. I start them using GeckoOS and they work fine but I have a child of 3.5 years who has his 30 mins each morning he may spend playing videogames - and he needs those icons so he doesn't waste his precious time starting wrong game all the way throw HBC->GeckoOS.

Games like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy or Zelda show the cover just fine.

Some games are probably backups from NTSC-U.

Questions is how to show the appropriate channel icon on the dashboard - I'm fine with either some homebrew solution or update.

(P.S. He would also really appreciate working NSMB - so can you help with this too?
wink.gif
)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing you mean banners and not cover EG in the disc channel you see the banners of some games and an update message for others.

This just means that you have some older IOS that need updated. It's nothing to worry aobut it you launch your backups form a loader. If you want to get rid of the update message then you need to use a tool like dop ios etc to update your IOS to the current versions.

Hope that helps.

zzhou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
I'm guessing you mean banners and not cover EG in the disc channel you see the banners of some games and an update message for others.

This just means that you have some older IOS that need updated. It's nothing to worry aobut it you launch your backups form a loader. If you want to get rid of the update message then you need to use a tool like dop ios etc to update your IOS to the current versions.

Hope that helps.

I thought Waninkoko update should've taken care of IOS. But it really might be it installing only the System Menu. Thanks, I think you're right - I'll try to look up the IOS needed for Pikmin2 and install it to test.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 99% sure of this as I've seen it many times before, it's quite a common thing.

btw it's not the "required IOS" for the game to play always or you wouldn't be able to play the games, but the newer IOS you're missing will be on the DVDs that show the update message. Just get ALL your IOS up-to-date and while you're at it you should consider getting onto sys menu 4.2 etc too.
If you get EVERYTHING up to date now then it should be quite a while before you need to worry about any more updates.

zzhou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
I'm 99% sure of this as I've seen it many times before, it's quite a common thing.

btw it's not the "required IOS" for the game to play always or you wouldn't be able to play the games, but the newer IOS you're missing will be on the DVDs that show the update message. Just get ALL your IOS up-to-date and while you're at it you should consider getting onto sys menu 4.2 etc too.
If you get EVERYTHING up to date now then it should be quite a while before you need to worry about any more updates.

Now I got the HBC upside-down
smile.gif
but I know why I have it. Pikmin2 still wants the update. I'll install ioses from the disk.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
For the upside down thing: install a non trucha signed IOS
I mean keep it clean (do not patch it with Dop-IOS for eg.)
And of course it will work better if your "non-trucha-signed" IOS is the one who is used by HBC (probably 36 or 61)
wink.gif

zzhou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
For the upside down thing: install a non trucha signed IOS
I mean keep it clean (do not patch it with Dop-IOS for eg.)
And of course it will work better if your "non-trucha-signed" IOS is the one who is used by HBC (probably 36 or 61)
wink.gif

Yes, I know that problem - fixed it immediately. I mentioned it to show that the update went "well"
smile.gif

This thread is same as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155586 - can moderator close it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1