Hacking G6DS Real Corrupted my files AGAIN and now my PC won't detect it.

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wightslayer said:
Hey guys, formatted it three days ago, put my files back on, was working great.
Last night my TWEWY file corrupted on me. AGAIN. After THREE DAYS.
Really, I'm not even going to BOTHER formatting it again.
Is there any long time solution?

Note: Formatted through PC, not DS.
Never format through your PC. ALWAYS format from your DS. I don't know for sure, but that could be the reason it is no longer saving.

Don't forget to have the latest firmware, make sure your games are in the NDS folder, etc., etc...

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does it really make a difference?
Just wondering, I'm not saying that in a "I don't believe you" sort of way.

Done all that.

Recently my Mario Kart saves have all been corrupted everytime I start it up.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but I given up on G6 Flash ever since I couldn't unbrick my first one that uses the GBA slot plus passkey to allow to play DS games.

I try to format the card but nothing actually happened. When I tried to put GBA games on there again, it didn't work. It's acting like its full yet trying to reformat through the stupid utility thing it got stuck on a certain part so I couldn't refresh it. I even E-mail the G6 Team about my problem and I got nothing from them! No solution, no detail error of what I did wrong, NOTHING!

My advice is to stay away from the G6 Team, they never help with any problems you may have. If they do they don't 'get' who to fix it.
cry.gif
cry.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
If you format through the DS , you also get more space! i think it's definitely the better way to format (it's what the g6team recommend anyway)

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been having a similar issue with my G6 Real. It used to work great a year ago but now its just corrupting repeatedly. Ordered an Acekard to replace this pos.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good luck fixing it! All I can say is try formatting, I did and nothing much changed, but it may be different for others.
I haven't been playing my DS much cos of my G6.
But when I do, seems like the problem now is my games randomly freezing and occasionally not saving.
Any ideas?

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still no expert, and have no idea why your games might freeze, but one of the issues I hear about the not saving part, is that the battery inside the G6DS Real is low or something. You probably already tried it, and I'm just throwing out ideas trying to help, but try putting the G6DS Real into your DS and leave it plugged in charging for the night, and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, try doing the same thing (G6DS Real in DS, DS plugged in) but this time turn the DS on, and leave it on over night.

Hope it works =)

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I usually charge my DS with the G6 in, since I don't have any other cards.
As for turning the DS on while charging with the G6 I have also tried it and it doesn't work.
But thank you very much for the advice! Much appreciated.

BUT
Today worries me even more.
I turn on my Ds with the G6 in...
And it freezes on the health warning screen.
I got so freaked.
Guess it's time to get a new flash cart. And I'm not getting a G6!
I am broke though so that might be a problem.

Edit:
Just wondering, could it be my DS?
I've had two G6DS reals, and both of them failed for simillar reasons, however my friend's and sisters have not, and they've had them longer than I've had both of mine.

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this happens to me too, so I don't thing it is my NDS's fault.

After a lot of times suffering this pain in the ass, I found a software that really works to recover the contents (yeah, it DOES WORK !!!) once they become corrupted. I managed to recover 80 % .sav files.

I know it is hard to believe as no other soft did it, but believe me... today I'm happy 8-d

That soft is well... you can find it here ;-D virus free... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L440S4H5

See you !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?