Hacking G6DS Real Corrupted my files AGAIN and now my PC won't detect it.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok. This is my second card. It was working fine until today I opened TWEWY and it said my file was corrupted and it was erasing it. I had a back up on the PC which I put back on the cart. Went on DS and it doesn't pick it up. So I put it back in the PC and it doesn't detect AT ALL.
Personally, I am SICK of G6, and I also don't like how on their "support" forum is not very helpful AT ALL.
This finishes it. Unless some extremely smart person can fix it for me I WILL NO BUY G6 EVER AGAIN.
Sorry for that, but it's true.
And I really need it fixed.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for someone who agrees.
But at the moment all I need is help.
And if that fails, I have to convert to R4, and I shun R4.
I use to tell everyone how good G6 was...

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If both the console and the pc cannot read the G6 then I'm afraid you will need to format it through the console. I apologize for all the inconvenience caused.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My dad's laptop seems to have the healing touch, so now the G6 is responding.
However, I put on a save file, which it did recognise, but I realised it was the wrong one (too early in the game). So I tried to put on my sister's from her G6 and DELETED mine from the G6, and when I put my sister's on and started it up IT CAME BACK WITH MY SAVE FILE. How does that work? I am 110% sure it was HER save file because I put it on the desktop and mine is in a folder somewhere. How would the G6 make my save file come up when I deleted it?
Please answer, g6team!

EDIT:
I decided to delete the save COMPLETELY from the game and see if it would just say "new game" and not have save. Started it up, and it STILL HAS THE SAME SAVE THERE. AND I DELETED IT FROM THE FLASHCART. This is the save from hell!

EDIT 2:
Just realised that the bottom rim of my G6 is actually LOOSE and wobbling a bit. It doesn't get in the way of the contacts, but is that important?
Wow, I though G6's were meant to be built to last :\

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you load a game on the G6 Real, it puts the save file in a small RAM chip... to completely get rid of it, you have to load a different game up...

So, here's your solution.

Step 1
Load up a different game. let's say... New Super Mario for example (you can use any game you want)
let it load... play for about 15 seconds
Turn off the DS, then turn it back on... notice at the bottom when the G6 loads you get the progress bar...
Turn the DS off, connect it to your PC, and BACKUP EVERYTHING!
Put the card back in your DS, and press all the buttons (a b x y L R start select) as soon as the Nintendo logo comes on. Your G6 will as if you want to format. say YES
while it's formatting, get firmware 3.8 (and the Band Bros DX 8MB save file I created for the G6 if you wanna play that game)
Load the card back in your PC when it's done (it'll say it's done)
Load the SYSTEM (firmware) and all your ROMS and SAV's

--- If your save files are xxx.0 you will need to convert them to xxx.sav (just rename them, lol)

ENJOY!

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
zidane_genome said:
Put the card back in your DS, and press all the buttons (a b x y L R start select) as soon as the Nintendo logo comes on. Your G6 will as if you want to format. say YES

For G6 Real you only need to hold Start during boot to format your cart.

smile.gif

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see..
So theonly way I can make it work is by formatting it? (basically)
Well...that sucks T_T that will be like the 99999th time that I've formatted it...
And I'm also a bit confused by the new firmware. It has heaps of files on it! Do i just put them all in the system folder? does anything go on the root?

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Remove the "system" folder from your current Root then install the new firmware. Which is putting the new 'system' folder onto the root of the G6 Real.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, so there shouldn't be anything else on the root except the NDS and system folder?
And there should be a lot of files in the system folder compared to the 1.0 firmware?

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem but now that i've put in the new firmware and changed every save files from .0 to .sav it works fine
biggrin.gif
i thought my g6 was broke or something lol but still i want a new card.

How-to:
1. Put G6 Real in PC.
2. Delete SYSTEM Folder.
3. Put In the New SYSTEM folder the Vr.3.8 one.
4. If your saves are .0 change them .sav by renameing them.
5. put them the G6 back in DS and Voila
yaynds.gif

if it doesn't work ummm....
ph34r.gif

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this happens to me so often that I don't even bother putting important stuff on my G6 Real. Pretty much I can only access through the PC by reformatting it first everytime. It's not a huge deal since I hardly use it anymore but I think we should all move on to other cards since they don't make em anymore.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to use anything other than DS Roms, you don't even need the SYSTEM files...

If you don't want to use Homebrew, or Cheat codes/soft resets in your DS games, don't even load the SYSTEM folder. It will run the MiniLoader (to test this, rename SYSTEM to something else)...

It will save 24meg on your card, and you won't have as many problems.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well it's a good habit to "backup" all of your files from the flashcart(any) on a regular basis because you never know when some files may become corrupt and mess up your cart.
And of course while you do that you might want to format your cart and copy everything back over, thus keeping it clean and avoiding fragmentation.
I do that pretty much every time an interesting update comes along, therefore I start fresh every time, and my G6real(2GB) works flawlessly .
The save issue that you had it's pretty funny, I had the same problem some time ago not realizing that the latest save stays on the cart's memory and no matter how many times you delete or overwrite the same file will always come back to you.
Until I found out that all you need to do is load another game that will use the internal memory and voila`...

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I always backup my files but have always been wary about it ever since the incident when I put my G6 real into the computer and it got compeltely wiped.
Haven't had time to format/update, will some time soon

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, formatted it three days ago, put my files back on, was working great.
Last night my TWEWY file corrupted on me. AGAIN. After THREE DAYS.
Really, I'm not even going to BOTHER formatting it again.
Is there any long time solution?

Note: Formatted through PC, not DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-