Hacking G6 Real 16GB

AntvgX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
They just anounced upcoming 16GB release. Was it the the thing they were doing in the dark room forgeting about 8gb users? They anounced it will even come with dldl support included. Let's wait and see.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still going to be expensive. Why would you pay that much for a G6 when you could probably get an R4+3-in-1+2gb card for less

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I also believe they would now pay more attention to users and their problems.

The G6DS Real needs

DLDI the most important thing of course

Improved Download Play

Fix the softreset option in these 5 games

Metroid

Zelda

Transformers

Bleach 1/2

I didn't find any other game that doesn't support softreset or have any kind of problems.

And maybe improve the slow motion feature although i really don't care about that one.

AntvgX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also there is one another problem. If you used g6 lite than you know there were times when by some accident flash card became unable to be written and the only way to repair it was to use MPutility. Now when already hunfreds od users recieve such problem on g6 real(also met this problem not long ago) they don't bother to realise MPutility analog tp g6real.

Bergunzo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy

Let's make a list of games that need to be fixed.

-Metroid Prime : Hunters
-Mechassault Phantom War
-The Legend of Zelda: Mugen no Sunadokei
-Transformers Autobots and -Transformers Decepticons
-Bleach DS - Souten ni Kakeru Unmei
-Bleach DS 2nd - Kokui Hirameku Requiem

If you can find other games please list in this topic.

-poyZ!

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds interesting... is the g6real currently the best backup solution on the market?
Anyone know when they will be in stock and where is the best place to buy??? And what price is expected?

Give me your recommendations.. I bought two ds machines yesterday... one for me.. one for kids b'day
wink.gif
hah.. .need backup cards now
smile.gif

give me your advice.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Let's make a list of games that need to be fixed.

-Metroid Prime : Hunters
-Mechassault Phantom War
-The Legend of Zelda: Mugen no Sunadokei
-Transformers Autobots and -Transformers Decepticons
-Bleach DS - Souten ni Kakeru Unmei
-Bleach DS 2nd - Kokui Hirameku Requiem

If you can find other games please list in this topic.

Good idea Bergunzo, btw just a quick note about the bleach games. The softreset actually works without causing any issues in the games but sometimes when you press the softreset key the game freezes and it doesn't return to the touchpod menu as it should be. However sometimes it works just fine and it doesn't freeeze. The same exact thing actually happens in my old m3 sd slot-2 lol

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds interesting... is the g6real currently the best backup solution on the market?
Anyone know when they will be in stock and where is the best place to buy??? And what price is expected?

Give me your recommendations.. I bought two ds machines yesterday... one for me.. one for kids b'day
wink.gif
smile.gif

give me your advice.

I definitely think the G6 Real and the CycloDS are the top two current slot 1 carts. And if the G6 Team would get off their ass and give us a new firmware that has the 100% download play compatibility(like it's advertised to have), DLDI auto patcher, and better touch screen calibration, then I think the G6 Real could be THE top slot 1 cart to have. But they have to start giving this cart better support.

So honestly, since you have two DS's to buy a flash cart for, I would get the CycloDS for one, and the G6 Real for the other. Then you'll have the best of both worlds.
tongue.gif

-poyZ!

Trophies
XP
Country

wink.gif
smile.gif

give me your advice.

I definitely think the G6 Real and the CycloDS are the top two current slot 1 carts. And if the G6 Team would get off their ass and give us a new firmware that has the 100% download play compatibility(like it's advertised to have), DLDI auto patcher, and better touch screen calibration, then I think the G6 Real could be THE top slot 1 cart to have. But they have to start giving this cart better support.

So honestly, since you have two DS's to buy a flash cart for, I would get the CycloDS for one, and the G6 Real for the other. Then you'll have the best of both worlds.
tongue.gif

Haha, yes the problem there is that one ds is given to my bro's kid as a present today, the other stays here with me... So not two ds in the one house ;( Its very hard to make a decision on the ds backup solution.. depends who I talk to.. some tell me -- ds-x is the best, others say g6, others say cyclo -- then others say r4 and external mem.. I am confused.. ... no definitive leader of the pack..
frown.gif

Euphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, yes the problem there is that one ds is given to my bro's kid as a present today, the other stays here with me... So not two ds in the one house ;( Its very hard to make a decision on the ds backup solution.. depends who I talk to.. some tell me -- ds-x is the best, others say g6, others say cyclo -- then others say r4 and external mem.. I am confused.. ... no definitive leader of the pack..
frown.gif

From personal experience, I would say go for the R4. From Dealextreme.com you can get a R4+2GB Sandisk MicroSD card for $59.95, $44.50 if you want a 1GB MicroSD card for storage. If your getting one for both NDS anyways, why would you even care about download play, you will both have roms for the games.

R4 also has given me no problems thus far in terms of NDS compatibility, things like download play are overrated and as I mentioned before... if you have 2 carts, the feature serves no purpose. R4 also has Auto-DLDI support as well, and as for slow motion gameplay, no idea why anyone would need that, plus it can always be added in a future R4 update, which come quite frequently to be honest, unlike the G6 and DS-X teams.

CycloDS I have no real experience with, but from what I have read it is pretty much a Supercard Clone only with MicroSDHC support which in the future will support MicroSDHC cards up to 32GB. The others do not go past 2GB although most advertise going up to 4GB. Personally my R4 with 2Gb has 38 games on it including Sam and Max for my ScummVM emulator, if you need more than 39 games at a time... go for it I guess.

CycloDS is $54.99 with no MicroSD card.
DS-X is $124.99 and honestly... very overpriced
G6Real 1 GB is almost $70 so a 2Gb will run you around the same as a DS-X, possibly a bit less... still overpriced IMO.

So the choice is yours, if you want DS backup compatibility and Homebrew support, go for R4. If you want the additional download play support, go for it if you feel the $50-75 increase in price is somehow worth it. Unlikely since download play support can be fixed in updates as well, so everything that is offered can be offered on everything else as well.

Also if you would like GBA rom support, you can grab a EZFlash 3 in 1 GBA cart from Dealextreme.com for only $19.05. Both for $45+ less than the G6Real alone, which just like all Slot-1 devices, offer 0 GBA support.

The answer to your question should be crystal clear at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny