abc2232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,

I just got my g6 lite and when I booted it up, it gets stuck on the touchpod for g6 flash screen.

Can I fix this or do i have a faulty unit? Im so mad
frown.gif

Thanks for helping a noob.

PS: If anyone can successfully help me, i will paypal you $5.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What happens exactly? It gets to the touchpod logo on the top screen and the bottom screen stays black? That happened on mine once, but it fixed itself after I pulled the G6 out and plugged it in again.

If you start up without the passcard can you get the G6 to run properly in GBA mode?

abc2232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens exactly? It gets to the touchpod logo on the top screen and the bottom screen stays black? That happened on mine once, but it fixed itself after I pulled the G6 out and plugged it in again.

yes, exactly. it goes to the touchpod logo on the top screen and bottom stays black. i took it out and tried it again many times and the same thing happens.

QUOTE said:
If you start up without the passcard can you get the G6 to run properly in GBA mode?

when i do this, it gives the warning this product is not licensed by Nintendo and then just goes black... What's the deal here? is my unit dead??

Thanks guys.

kingmathyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't even GBA boot it, then yeah it sounds like you got a dead one. I've never heard of this though. What happens when you plug it into the computer?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like either the cart is corrupted, which you can usually fix, or the flash memory is dead, meaning the cart is dead.

Hook it up to the USB port on your PC. It should be assigned a drive letter. If it is, right click on it in windows explorer/my computer and click 'properties'. It should show the free space, space used and total capacity. The capacity should be about 522 million bytes.

If all of that checks out you can test the flash memory by copying some files to the cart and then back onto the hard disk. Use something you can verify like text or audio.

If the G6 is not recognized by the PC you could try the steps in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37111

abc2232

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your help robot. clearing the memory as prescribed in that thread did work. i reformatted the drive and now i can put files onto the drive, however i have none of the original files that the g6 came with. how do i get those files back?

thanks again.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

Everything except the PDA is in the main software package, the PDA is a seperate download.

You don't absolutely need any files on the G6 other than what the U-disk manager puts there when you transfer a game. They do add some features, but I'm not sure what those features are except for the PDA, which I don't use.

Does the G6 actually work in the DS now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody?