g6 lite problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by abc2232, Dec 20, 2006.

Dec 20, 2006

g6 lite problem by abc2232 at 4:53 PM (897 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. abc2232
    OP

Newcomer abc2232 Newbie

United States
    hi,

I just got my g6 lite and when I booted it up, it gets stuck on the touchpod for g6 flash screen.

Can I fix this or do i have a faulty unit? Im so mad [​IMG]

Thanks for helping a noob.

PS: If anyone can successfully help me, i will paypal you $5.

2. paxl13

Newcomer paxl13 Member

Canada
    Euh, you need to put somehting on your G6 Lite and thus will appear on the touch screen

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    What happens exactly? It gets to the touchpod logo on the top screen and the bottom screen stays black? That happened on mine once, but it fixed itself after I pulled the G6 out and plugged it in again.

If you start up without the passcard can you get the G6 to run properly in GBA mode?

4. abc2232
    OP

Newcomer abc2232 Newbie

United States
    when i do this, it gives the warning this product is not licensed by Nintendo and then just goes black... What's the deal here? is my unit dead??

Thanks guys.

5. kingmathyou

Newcomer kingmathyou Member

United States
    If you can't even GBA boot it, then yeah it sounds like you got a dead one. I've never heard of this though. What happens when you plug it into the computer?

6. Destructobot

United States
    It sounds like either the cart is corrupted, which you can usually fix, or the flash memory is dead, meaning the cart is dead.

Hook it up to the USB port on your PC. It should be assigned a drive letter. If it is, right click on it in windows explorer/my computer and click 'properties'. It should show the free space, space used and total capacity. The capacity should be about 522 million bytes.

If all of that checks out you can test the flash memory by copying some files to the cart and then back onto the hard disk. Use something you can verify like text or audio.

If the G6 is not recognized by the PC you could try the steps in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37111

7. abc2232
    OP

Newcomer abc2232 Newbie

United States
    thanks for your help robot. clearing the memory as prescribed in that thread did work. i reformatted the drive and now i can put files onto the drive, however i have none of the original files that the g6 came with. how do i get those files back?

thanks again.

8. Destructobot

United States
    http://www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

Everything except the PDA is in the main software package, the PDA is a seperate download.

You don't absolutely need any files on the G6 other than what the U-disk manager puts there when you transfer a game. They do add some features, but I'm not sure what those features are except for the PDA, which I don't use.

Does the G6 actually work in the DS now?