Hacking G6 DS REAL information

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. One last question. You seem like you have experience with many flash carts (especially to be chosen as a tester), how would you say the G6DS Real compares to the R4 or the M3DSS. Could you also explain a bit more how skinning is improved (if it is)? Is it worth the pre-order? I heard that NAND memory is easily broken and then cannot be repaired.

d33t

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am one of the lucky member for pre-sale testing, Game Compatiable is 100% tested at clean rom mode, this is the result of 8 non-official teseters includeing me.

I have teseted download play of Mario Kart only (both non-flashed NDSL), and its work. I will test much more game later but its difficult that my NDSL is flashed, have to borrow a non-flashed NDSL to test.

Does download play with Mario Kart DS really not work?! Seems odd since I can do Internet play without any problem. I guess I never tried playing it with my roomie before though.

I got on the M3DSS and I don't have any regrets yet (waiting to see if the AR functionality will make its way from teh R4 to the M3). The download play it tempting, but I think I'd wait for the M3 Real, assuming they actually make it. MicroSD cards are always going to be cheaper than on-board memory. Plus, it's nice to carry around 3 1GB microSD cards with me and know I'm going to have pretty much any game anyone wants to play on hand. And when 4GB microSD cards become available at lower prices, it's an easy upgrade.

Just my 2 cents. I'm all for waiting to see what happens when it's released though. Looks pretty promising, and if the price is right I might consider upgrading. That is, if I get into download play more and the AR functionality doesn't make it to the M3.....

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Looks like they went back to the crappy 3rd generation menu.
It really, really sucked. Too slow and completely useless.
dry.gif

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks for the reply. One last question. You seem like you have experience with many flash carts (especially to be chosen as a tester), how would you say the G6DS Real compares to the R4 or the M3DSS. Could you also explain a bit more how skinning is improved (if it is)? Is it worth the pre-order? I heard that NAND memory is easily broken and then cannot be repaired.

for the skin, u can built up some bmps file for the wallpaper, toolsbar, button, I have try a Mac OS Skin, its really good, maybe someone can make a Vista version
laugh.gif
also u can store 3 to 4 sets of skins at the memory and change it at the GUI

actually I dont like to compare different factory product, but maybe I can say my own feeling between M3DSS and G6DS REAL (same team
rofl2.gif
), if u already have M3DSS, I suggest not to buy G6DS REAL the only improvment is Download Play and extend mode (movie and PDA), movie and PDA is same as M3L or G6L but of course the technolgy is not the same, one is truly clean rom supported and one have to patch on the fly, for user, can play is enough no one care abt. the technology

for NAND Memory, my NCARD, I have an experenice that lost all files b4, but I think the problem is because wrong operation, its just like a thumb drive, do not remove at wins OS will make it crash

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright then. So it sounds like the "skin improvement" isn't that much of an improvement, it's a minor extension of the normal bmp wallpaper.

I will probably choose to get a G6DS Real, or an M3DS Real as long as they have the same features. I don't like the idea of NAND memory possibly breaking. But I'm definitely keen on the PDA and download play
biggrin.gif

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Stop spreading rumors.
Also, i had no idea that slot one cards 'patched on the fly'. Seriously, can some one please explain to me why slot 2 carts must have patched roms and slot 1 cards dont?

As far as I know, there's an internal value in DS games that pretty much verifies that's in Slot 1 and that the DS is "ok" to run it. When you try to run a game rom from a Slot 2 device, that value fails to verify and the DS knows something is wrong, so "clean" roms won't work from Slot 2. Flash card patching programs find where that verificaion value is written and change it to one that points to Slot 2, hence the game runs... I may not be the best to explain this, but that's the general idea anyway...
wacko.gif

magikalfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahtin or any other unofficial testers,

How does the cheat support work? From the screenshots, it seems like....seems....I can't tell. They could just be edited descriptions for codes.

So how does the cheat system work? Action Replay codes? Codebreaker codes maybe?!? Do they even use codes at all?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like you tick them on and off, and they're just stuck with the whole game until you reboot. Unless that "goldenfinger" setting is a shortcut to enable and disable cheats

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seeing the front page as the M3Loader on it and stats that it has Action reply support, and the menu looks nearly identical to an AR menu, I'm guess that the cheat thing is the AR menu support.

I've been waiting for this on a flash cart for a while, so I'm extremely interested in the M3Real now when it comes out (I hate waiting!!!!!)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ahtin: Can you comment on the build (case) quality of the G6DS Real?

EDIT: Oh yes, I was also wondering what the top screen is used for in the G6DS GUI. Is it's only purpose to display TouchPod? Also, how does this supposedly new TouchPod OS differ from the G6Lite TouchPod?

blade85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldnt that make the case kinda flimsy? So if you dropped it by accident, the case would be able to fall apart, wouldnt it?

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks nice, but some annoyances:

1) Not microsd - if memory gets corrupted, you're screeeewed; you can have as many 2GB microsd cards (I got mine for $15 shipped) as you want!
2) The DS game select screen is huge. I like the R4's smaller and more efficient screen.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The selling point of the G6DS was meant to be the 100% compatibility (both in playback and download play) without the need to find the right microSD (Kingstons in R4s for example).

But I didn't expect the G6DS to come out so unrefined. Kind of like how the X9 was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...