Country
United Kingdom

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I definitely agree the DS-X is too expensive though - if the G6 does the same as the dsx, but at a fraction of the cost then there will be little point to the dsx anymore.

G6DS Team have said G6DS REAL price will at the same level of "M3DSS + MicroSD" or just litter higher
Then the DS-X team better have a few tricks up their sleeves or they're fubar'd.

nyanya.gif
Good news for user, bad news for DS-X
unsure.gif

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems the same as an N-Card just with on the fly patching (unconfirmed) and built in cheats.

Actually, does download and play work on N-Cards? I never tried.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks very nice but, what's with the first pic where it says "DS option pak insereted"???Â
huh.gif

That's what you see you've inserted a GBA accesoiry, like the RAM pack from Opera, the Rumble Pack. I wouldn't expect it to be the secret G6 add-on to play GBA games with or anything, cause it's hard to boot games from it if it isn't detected as just a GBA cartridge in the main menu.

Seems the same as an N-Card just with on the fly patching (unconfirmed) and built in cheats.Â

Actually, does download and play work on N-Cards? I never tried.

You don't have to manually patch for N-Card I thought? Then that's no difference.

And N-Card has no Download Play compatibility at all...
Then the DS-X team better have a few tricks up their sleeves or they're fubar'd.

They probably have, but at the time they release it nobody cares anymore.
The DS-X had the potential, but they left to much unused:
- It has a fully customizable skinning engine, with endless possibilities... And a lack of documentation/promised skinning program, which results in only a few skins which don't utilise it's endless possibilities at all.
- It has an USB port that was said to be used for debugging of homebrew, and with the automatic FAT patching the DS-X would be the ultimate homebrew and all. But the USB Debugging never came and the FAT problem was solved for other cards with DLDI techniques.
- They told a while ago that they have a lot of secret hardware in it that's not used yet, and that once their gonna use it with firmware updates and pwn the world after all... I think that's actually a sad methaphor of the whole DS-X, it's all later and later takes too long at the DS-X team...

QUOTE(Tripp @ Apr 12 2007, 08:32 PM)Looks very nice but, what's with the first pic where it says "DS option pak insereted"???Â
huh.gif
This could be a clue... When the slot-2 writer on N-Card clones in inserted you get that message too.

- Sam
I'm pretty sure we've had some images a while ago in which we saw an USB device in which they put the G6 DS, so that the DS is not needed for the file transferring...

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I definitely agree the DS-X is too expensive though - if the G6 does the same as the dsx, but at a fraction of the cost then there will be little point to the dsx anymore.

G6DS Team have said G6DS REAL price will at the same level of "M3DSS + MicroSD" or just litter higher
The DSX is 99 bucks I think...M3SS is what ? 40 bucks...plus a 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II....on ebay you can get em for 40 so that means 80 bucks?....again though saying it will be the same as a M3DSS+MicroSD is pretty vague I mean I just got a Kingston 1GB card for 7 dollars at Newegg so if they are saying I can get the G6 Real for 46 dollars...well that would be pretty bomtastic.... But I really see this starting at 99-149

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks nice. I would think with the R4 and M3 simple being out for ages, its late in the day to release another slot 1 solution. If you wanted a slot 1 solution you'd probably have one by now.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1GB MicroSD cards are about 10-20 bucks, not 40.

Looks good, now we just need a confirmed release date V_V.

Oh, and the option pack shown on the menu is almost certainly the slot-2 addon to play GBA games.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But I really see this starting at 99-149

The DSX is $125 ($99 is the 4gbit version), the r6 will be 16gbit (and an 8g version too I think). I can't imagine the G6 being any more than $100. A R4 costs ~$30-$40 and a 2gbyte microsd costs ~$20-$40. At $50-$80 I guess they can't realistically charge more than $75-$100 for a g6 16gbit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou