Gaming FYI now you can go online for Pokemon Sun and Moon

fjdjks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No and No.
Your 3ds date may be way off and your dates in the game goes according to that.
The only thing that is affected is your pokemon legality for EVENTS pokémon. They cannot see what you do with your saves at all.

I have injected my save onto a legit cart and am playing on my 3ds. I am not banned at all.
Even tested on my unhacked 3ds where I buy games on it (this is why I keep two consoles at least.)

The only thing that matters is that you did not in ANY WAY use the online features BEFORE the official release date of the game.
wait so any pokemon i obtain from an event wont be considered legal?

Last edited by fjdjks,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so any pokemon i obtain from an event wont be considered legal?

Just change the date you received it, and then it will be legal*.

*I don't think anyone cares about the date a pokemon is received because your 3DS can be set to whatever time you want.

Last edited by x65943,

fjdjks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just change the date you received it, and then it will be legal.
wait so everytime i get an event pokemon it'll have an innacurate date? why is that? wouldnt a munchlax i get today still say it was obtained on 11/18/2016 like it is supposed to? sorry for all the questions lol

edit: nvm im dumb as hell my bad haha

Last edited by fjdjks,
Reactions: gamefan5

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so everytime i get an event pokemon it'll have an innacurate date? why is that? wouldnt a munchlax i get today still say it was obtained on 11/18/2016 like it is supposed to? sorry for all the questions lol

The date that your Munchlax is received should be whatever date your 3DS is set to when you receive it.

If your 3DS is set to 11/18/2016 and you receive it today, then your Munchlax should read that it was received 11/18/2016.

People were saying that if you received your Munchlax a few days ago, and your system was set to the correct date, then it would show that you received the Munchlax at a time when it should not have been possible.

Set your Date/Time to the correct date, and receive your Munchlax. Going forward there will be no problems.

fjdjks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The date that your Munchlax is received should be whatever date your 3DS is set to when you receive it.

If your 3DS is set to 11/18/2016 and you receive it today, then your Munchlax should read that it was received 11/18/2016.

People were saying that if you received your Munchlax a few days ago, and your system was set to the correct date, then it would show that you received the Munchlax at a time when it should not have been possible.

Set your Date/Time to the correct date, and receive your Munchlax. Going forward there will be no problems.
yea i realized what you guys meant after i re read, my bad haha. i really appreciate the help, thanks fam

Reactions: x65943

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Munchlax could be recived those days. It has nothing to do if your game is hacked or a ilegal .cia or wathever.

The time is correct because Munch was available those days.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've transferred my save from the lurantis moon to the freeshop moon. However, I'm using an EU 3ds. I guess I should wait until the 23rd, huh?
Also wondering.
I was thinking of maybe spoofing my region to AUS/JPN/USA using Luma, would that be enough to fool them?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It is. Version 0 means it is a cart game. Your CIA having ver. 0 means it came from a cart game. If all version 0 were banned, all pokemon carts released today would not be able to go online and only Eshop games would work.

So yes, it is now safe.
Unless you live in Europe because it is not released yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Go ahead, it should be fine as long as you do not have a EUR 3ds

There is no wrong version of the game. People just happened to connect to the servers at an unfortunate time, ergo, before the release of the game.

So the people that were banned was just because they were moronic enough to go online with a leaked game?

.cia don't use headers like .3ds/.3dz use, because the way the conversion is made, there's no space for the header, right?
So if i play with the leaked cart game online, nothing should happen to my console, because, as far as nintendo knows, it's just another cart. Unless they have a way of verifying what carts were the ones leaked/sdk/reviews, and which are the retail carts.

Reactions: alexj9626

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So the people that were banned was just because they were moronic enough to go online with a leaked game?

.cia don't use headers like .3ds/.3dz use, because the way the conversion is made, there's no space for the header, right?
So if i play with the leaked cart game online, nothing should happen to my console, because, as far as nintendo knows, it's just another cart. Unless they have a way of verifying what carts were the ones leaked/sdk/reviews, and which are the retail carts.
Yes, pretty much the reason they got banned.
Versions do not matter since they are all legit copies considering the leaked CIA came from a legit cart. The same retail cart that every one bought. (Being version 0)
You should not be banned if the game has been released in your region and you go online now.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So yes, it is now safe.
Unless you live in Europe because it is not released yet.

I'm waiting for the 23th for the European console....

I was thinking of maybe spoofing my region to AUS/JPN/USA using Luma, would that be enough to fool them?

If your console is eu then you can set it to aus.
I would just wait for it to come out in your region.

You should not be banned if the game has been released in your region and you go online now.

Several supermarkets in France informed me today that they put their games (both with and without tin box) to sell after Nintendo moved the european release date forward (to today). But I think the eshop pre-downloads are still blocked to the old date. XD
It would be so simple if people were not too lazy to go take a cartridge in town.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, pretty much the reason they got banned.
Versions do not matter since they are all legit copies considering the leaked CIA came from a legit cart. The same retail cart that every one bought. (Being version 0)

I know everyone has been saying this. But do we have any proof that people have gone online with v0 cia post-release and experienced no problems?

I've been following this closely, and so far no one has confirmed this through actual experience.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I know everyone has been saying this. But do we have any proof that people have gone online with v0 cia post-release and experienced no problems?

I've been following this closely, and so far no one has confirmed this through actual experience.

I'm on this as well, and i'm not risking my console just to find out. It should be logical that nothing would happen, but still. wouldn't hurt to check.

Reactions: x65943

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Wish I could test, but I am sadly at a place where I have no wifi now.

Several supermarkets in France informed me today that they put their games (both with and without tin box) to sell after Nintendo moved the european release date forward (to today). But I think the eshop pre-downloads are still blocked to the old date. XD
It would be so simple if people were not too lazy to go take a cartridge in town.
Then feel free to go online at your own risk.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have any prove/source for this?
I would grab my copy tomorrow in Germany if I got something to show the retailers.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not everyone lives in a big country that gets games on release day. My country usually gets new 3DS games like a month after release, so getting a cart now is pretty much impossible for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.