OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide was in other forum...

QUOTE said:
Hey guys, i would like to share how i and my friends were able to fix a wii banner bricked (6 month old) caused by a corrupted channel.
First the things that were used in the process:
- Wii console 4.2U (without trucha bug)
- Drivekey modchip with autoboot set
- Wii Fit game
- Balance board

When Wii Fit starts it ask if the date and time are correct, and allow you to adjust it by going directly to wii settings bypassing the initial screen of system menu. At that point i click on the option "Format Wii System Memory", to return the console to factory default and erasing the installed bad channel.
IMPORTANT this method allow you to recover a banner bricked console but also DELETE ALL the content of the nand, in other words the savegames, purchased channels, console settings.

Obs: the balance board is need because the first thing that Wii Fit ask is to sync with it.

Other idea is use this method to access the data management screen and copy the indiana pwns exploit to internal memory and running it trought the LEGO Indiana Jones game to access the HBC and fix the
console without format the nand. Maybe could be possible but i have not tried this way.

I hope this help many users with the same problem.

Source url: http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...html#post341500

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So how do you manager to banner brick a supposed 'virgin' Wii ?? With no trucha bug.

And why would anyone EVER add channels etc, without Priiloader or bootmii as boot2
wacko.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there are a few ways to fix a wii in that situation that has an autoboot capable mod chip (so i would not call this groundbreaking, using an autoboot disk with loadmii or the HBC on it would make this solution not require a balance board or the wii fit game), and formatting the wii system memory in that situation is overkill, u could've just deleted the problematic channel and left your other stuff intact

anyways, u had good intentions to share this info... but yea, fixing hardmodded wii's without priiloader or bootmii is easy, its fixing softmodded wii's without priiloader or bootmii that is difficult (or impossible without a nand flasher)

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
So how do you manager to banner brick a supposed 'virgin' Wii ?? With no trucha bug.

And why would anyone EVER add channels etc, without Priiloader or bootmii as boot2
wacko.gif
I think you can banner brick by using twilight hack to install a broken channel. I installed triforce channel and i have no brick protection. I guess i really should install preloader...

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Netflix streaming disc kinda does the same thing and it's pretty much cheaper than WiiFit..
Just try and connect without internet access (unplug your router) and it should hang for a while and say there's no internet connection and offer to take you to Internet Connection settings which goes directly into the settings menu.
biggrin.gif

Dunno if this helps anyone since I've never been bricked, but I haven't seen it anywhere, nor did I really look.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)