[Fwd] Fixing a banner brick with Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jackbauer00, Apr 12, 2010.

Apr 12, 2010
  1. jackbauer00
    OP

Banned jackbauer00 Banned

United States
    This guide was in other forum...

Source url: http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...html#post341500

2. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So how do you manager to banner brick a supposed 'virgin' Wii ?? With no trucha bug.

And why would anyone EVER add channels etc, without Priiloader or bootmii as boot2 [​IMG]

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    there are a few ways to fix a wii in that situation that has an autoboot capable mod chip (so i would not call this groundbreaking, using an autoboot disk with loadmii or the HBC on it would make this solution not require a balance board or the wii fit game), and formatting the wii system memory in that situation is overkill, u could've just deleted the problematic channel and left your other stuff intact

anyways, u had good intentions to share this info... but yea, fixing hardmodded wii's without priiloader or bootmii is easy, its fixing softmodded wii's without priiloader or bootmii that is difficult (or impossible without a nand flasher)

4. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think you can banner brick by using twilight hack to install a broken channel. I installed triforce channel and i have no brick protection. I guess i really should install preloader...

5. kornychaos

Member kornychaos Organized.

United States
    Netflix streaming disc kinda does the same thing and it's pretty much cheaper than WiiFit..
    Just try and connect without internet access (unplug your router) and it should hang for a while and say there's no internet connection and offer to take you to Internet Connection settings which goes directly into the settings menu. [​IMG]
    Dunno if this helps anyone since I've never been bricked, but I haven't seen it anywhere, nor did I really look.

6. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    This method could use bannerbrick I think by pressing back as soon as you enter settings and go to the File System menu