Futurama's back!

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Foxi4, Aug 13, 2012.

Aug 13, 2012

Futurama's back! by Foxi4 at 3:44 AM (1,667 Views / 9 Likes) 31 replies

1. Foxi4
    OP

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    [​IMG]

If you're still unaware of it, Futurama, one of the best comedy series of all time, at least in my humble opinion, is back, and I'm currently diving right into the new season. I think that throughout the next few days it'll be Bending my schedule all day long. Any other Futurama fans around here? If so, feel free to Fry-up a discussion - I just figured some of you would appreciate a heads-up. When the last season ended, I felt like I didn't want to live on this planet anymore but from what I'm hearing from other people, the new season is well-worth watching. Alright, I'm back to my stream now. Woob-woob-woob-woob! *crab-walks away Dr.Zoidberg Style*.

9 people like this.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I liked the series back when it was funny, not this new series crap we have now. But I still watch it every now and again.

3. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I never watched Futurama religiously or anything, but I did enjoy it whenever it came on the screen.

I'll be checkin' out this new season for sure.

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Hipster.

6 people like this.
  5. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Damn right. Though I'm not saying the new Futurama isn't funny, it has its moments, but it's definitely not as good as the older series (kind of like everything huh?)

6. _kbnft

Newcomer _kbnft Lab Member

Canada
    Oh my, yes. I'm waiting for season 7 to come out on dvd. I have everything so far, including the movies.

7. Foxi4
    OP

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    It's usually not things getting sh*ttier, it's your standards that are rising the bar with each episode. :P

8. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Pretty much. Or maybe it's just that nostalgia feeling. Like, I used to watch Futurama all the time when I was a kid and I remember it being funny as hell. But now it's like..meh. Oh well.

9. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Look up the term "Jump the Shark" And you'll understand why everything seems shittier than before with everything. Me, personally, I really don't care. Futurama is Futurama. It could be a whole episode of Nibbler taking a shit, and I would love it.

2 people like this.
  10. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    You should be ashamed of yourself Foxi for not knowing Futurama was back!

However!
    Good news everyone!

You're all reading this in the Professors voice.

3 people like this.
  11. Luigi2012SM64DS
    This message by Luigi2012SM64DS has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 4, 2016.
    Aug 13, 2012
  12. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I absolutely loved the original run of the show. I had all the episodes on DVD and watched them religiously.

I really enjoyed the movies, and the new episodes are generally fine, but I just haven't been keeping up regularly. I'm sad that I've fallen out a bit with the show, but at least it has a new home.

13. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I think the show was great when it started, and I still think it's great. It got a little more violent, but that's how you keep up with the times.

14. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    This season has been pretty good so far, my favorite episode so far has to be either Fun on a Bun or Free Will Hunting. A few of them were pretty meh though (Namely Six Million Dollar Mon)

15. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

Futurama back :) (sigh) I don't under stand why the season cuts off then come back on comedy central?, why it just don't just continue like family guy and other late night cartoons?.

16. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    It's back? to my knowledge it's been that way for alittle while now(guess your late to the party) but anyway as much as I love the show alot of episodes are hit or miss,some I laughed my ass off countless times....other times I sit there thinking to myself I just wasted 30 mins due to little or no laughs...

17. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Woot, this was one of my favorties

18. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    it's been back for weeks now 1st ep this season (it's up to 9 now) aired 6/20/12 :P

it's been back since 6/24/10 though! :lol:

this season however is pretty shit so far it's turning into zombie futurama just like the Simpsons.

19. andy249901

Member andy249901 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yup, Futurama has been back for awhile.
    I still love this show though, even if it's not hilarious.
    I think it's pretty entertaining and way better than shows like "The Cleveland Show".

20. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    the problem with the new seasons is nearly every ep now nukes the fridge or doesn't follow up to previous episodes. for example last ep bender was classified to have no free will...THAT'S BULLSHIT!!

in the very 1st ep bender overrides his programming to bend the bars of the museums closet they were trapped in and than says i'm going to bend whatever the hell i want from now on = FREEWILL! it's like whoever is in charge of this show now (i doubt it's even MG anymore!) have never seen the 1st seasons!

21. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    Family Guy was cancelled by Fox just like Futurama. Family Guy was just brought back by Fox a hell of lot sooner. If youre talking reruns on adult swim, well i believe in the syndication world these networks buy big bucks for contracts with Fox to rerun the shows. When the Adult Swim contract ran out, Comedy Central was willing to dump loads of cash on it. Which of course led to airing the straight to DVD movies in episodes and then of course the new seasons which started up in 2010.