Hacking Fully remove Preloader?

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simple background info -- 4.2U -- installed preloader.... oops got a corrupted system menue, reinstalled IOS70 works fine now.

I was told (well by reading up) that installing the system menu that the wii is using will remove preloader...... so why is it when i hold "reset" and turn on the wii, i get into the preloader screen?

Is there really no true way to remove it without a NAND restore? Or did i really miss something?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
This is exact what preloader does.

It starts up before your system menu and you could change things, set hacks and stuff.

By installing IOS70 you didnt install the whole system menu, just the IOS of it...

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I you use wad manager to install system menu 4.2, you should be fine afaik. Alternatively, you could have es-identify patched ios70 to make preloader work with 4.2, without the corrupted system files error.

I am actually a little confused how your system can work now that you reinstalled ios70. Or did you install a es-identify patched ios70? And then I am confused how your wii can work without showing preloader (except when holding reset). Did you set it to autoload the system menu?

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
erikk1 said:
I you use wad manager to install system menu 4.2, you should be fine afaik. Alternatively, you could have es-identify patched ios70 to make preloader work with 4.2, without the corrupted system files error.

..thanks..... still looking for a reversal for all this.

Should I just use http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 and use save updater? Or do i need to downgraded?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
G0dLiKe said:

It starts up before your Nand and you could change things, set hacks and stuff.
It doesn't start before the NAND
it starts before the system menu
huh.gif

If you really want to get rid of preloader, reinstall your system menu wad (get it with Nus downloader) and run Nandclean

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I am actually a little confused how your system can work now that you reinstalled ios70. Or did you install a es-identify patched ios70? And then I am confused how your wii can work without showing preloader (except when holding reset). Did you set it to autoload the system menu?

Yes, but i think i set it to system menu as soon as i starting playing with preloader.
I installed IOS70 by getting it from NUS Downloader.

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
G0dLiKe said:

It starts up before your Nand and you could change things, set hacks and stuff.
It doesn't start before the NAND
it starts before the system menu
huh.gif

If you really want to get rid of preloader, reinstall your system menu wad (get it with Nus downloader) and run Nandclean

Where do u get this Nandclean? Is this what you are talking about? http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151590

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The save 4.2 updater will reinstall all IOS's and shop channel and system menu. All you need is to reinstall system menu to get rid of preloader.

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
All you need is to reinstall system menu to get rid of preloader.

Are you talking about IOS70? done that, that's mostly (from putting 2 and 2 together) just removes the hacks it puts on system menu.

If you are talking about something else.. details?

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The IOS is not the same as the system menu.

True: The 4.2 system menu uses ios70.
False: The 4.2 system is ios70.

You can get a system menu wad with nusd.

nandclean is only needed to clear the last traces of preloader, it isn't required as far as I know.

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I said first reinstall the system menu THEN nandclean
Nanclean only erases the hacks

Ops, thank you... looks like that did it.

Maybe some1 should make a full preloader removal guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond...